Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What if we split the Codex into two sites: RPG Codex + Political Codex?

What do you think about splitting the politics out to a separate stand-alone website + forums?

• THIS SOUNDS LIKE A GREAT IDEA

Votes: 137 37.8%
  • Over my dead body

Votes: 133 36.7%
  • kingcomrade

Votes: 92 25.4%

• Total voters

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Ok, if we're not having a split, then how about they bring back Tacticular Cancer instead. With an influx in tactical games and their rising popularity maybe it'd get more activity again.

Roxor has been attempting a revival by posting more tactical/strategy news lately. People have also asked for the old T Cancer forums to be unhidden, as right now it's all just archived and impossible to access.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I heard something in the shoutbox about asfasdf trying to raise money to upgrade the site.

Maybe this is related. If they need money for upgrades, they should just say so.

They already raised the $5k they asked for like lightning. I'd be surprised if the money would have rolled in so fast if people knew this was potentially coming.

In the USA, people are losing their jobs right now over Facebook posts from like 2008. To an average SJW retard (ie most of the “gaming industry” and “gaming journalism” right now), RPG Codex (and any other “free speech” forum out there) is basically Stormfront. To these people, anyone associated with this forum (let alone fucking admins) is literally Hitler. Even Infinitron is literally Hitler. Most ironically, even the fucking cucks that post here (and there is a surprising number of them) are literally Hitler too.

Never forget when Felipepepe tried to fit in at Neogaf (back in the crazy mod days) and got banned for saying "Newfag" after plugging his woke credentials.

fork

I really don't know how this can be a serious consideration.

I'm here—and my guess would be the same goes for most posters, whether they're aware of it or not—not despite all the weird retardedness, both left and right as well as popamole and grognard, but because of it. Everyone here can just be who they are and say what they think. Sure, some posts are retarded, most users are retarded, but I'm also allowed to be retarded and post retarded shit sometimes. That's quite the liberating feeling in these times and makes me tolerate posters with different opinions much more easily. If the administration of this forum doesn't realise that that's a quality worth preserving in 2021, I don't know how Codex could even exist in this form for so long.

Werdnicus

Learned
I wonder what sparked this brilliant idea.
6HQUmhl.png

0q3A8uP

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Just split the shoutbox into non-political and political. You see, I don't mind reading time after time about how jews are allegedly both very stupid and weak, and yet rule the world behind the scenes, and and how there's a global conspiracy behind everything, ranging from cartoons to raccoons, but sometimes it's really hard to try to discuss games because of the spam.

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Just split the shoutbox into non-political and political. You see, I don't mind reading time after time about how jews are allegedly both very stupid and weak, and yet rule the world behind the scenes, and and how there's a global conspiracy behind everything, ranging from cartoons to raccoons, but sometimes it's really hard to try to discuss games because of the spam.

I think this is the core of the problem.
Yes, some threads in GRPG suffer from GD spam. Pathfinder Cuckmaker. Baldurs Gate III. Pillars I guess.
But those are massive threads, and massive threads are always shitshows, and for the most part they are civil.
The shoutbox however has permanent natsoc spam 24/7 going on.
Making a politics and a general shoutbox will probably solve a lot of the issues, while being less invasive and with less potential for disaster than a forum split.
I have thought about similar solutions, and in the end the Pudel's Kern is probably the shoutbox. It permanently fosters Drama and it is easily the most edgy part of the website.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
1. Split off Codex into non-political gaming only and non-gaming political only

2. Watch everyone still talk about politics on the non-political side and gaming on the non-gaming side.

Waste of time and effort.

Repressed Homosexual
It all obfuscates the real reason why people post less about gaming: people are growing old, are more busy with work, are busy with families, or their priorities change. You can't just make everyone 20 years younger so they play more games and talk more about them.

Faarbaute

Arbiter
The fact that the Codex is not just another echo chamber is what makes the discussions here valuable in the first place. If a game is beeing misrepresented or someone is arguing in bad faith, you know someone is going to call that out.
If everyone has to police themselves the result of the discussions are gonna be worthless, just like all the other RPG forums.

Last edited:

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
The fact that the Codex is not just another echo chamber
It is, just at the other extreme.

If a game is beeing misrepresented or someone is aruging in bad faith, you know someone is going to call that out.
Like that one time when Infinitron posted the fake POE review on the Steam curator page, and he got "called out" by... all of the 10 people that gave a fuck. And it changed jack shit, the review is still up there.

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
While it is true that people with left leaning world views are less likely to post on the codex, I dont think that makes us an echo chamber.

People can argue about almost anything on here and lefties arent use to having people debate them because right leaning people are usually banned the moment they break from the woke narrative.

I'm not sure why so many people dislike you here bester, you seem intelligent enough even if I disagree with you on a lot of things.

Faarbaute

Arbiter
The fact that the Codex is not just another echo chamber
It is, just at the other extreme.

If a game is beeing misrepresented or someone is aruging in bad faith, you know someone is going to call that out.
Like that one time when Infinitron posted the fake POE review on the Steam curator page, and he got "called out" by... all of the 10 people that gave a fuck. And it changed jack shit, the review is still up there.
It dosen't matter that it's still up there, it dosen't have to be about shutting down people or having their opinions erased.

You can call it out, and others can agree or disagree with you. Readers can then be better informed, then if onley infinitrons review or your opinion about it was allowed to stand.

Parsifarka

Arcane
Pitiful effort at honeypotting by the glowniggers, everybody knows games are shit and the only entertainment they provide is the political drama surrounding them while politics are not worth discussing with anyone who is not a prestigious minmaxer. You can't stop us.

jokerrpg.jpg

Nephilim

Educated
Unfortunately politics and games go hand in hand because writers nowadays are creatively bankrupt, not to mention the western gaming industry enforcing a certain ideology that is almost cult-like.
I don't think its a good idea to split the Codex, let it be a dysfunctional family rather than creating separate tribes of dysfunction that will be difficult to oversee in the future.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom