Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The worst RPG you play a lot (and why)

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Technically the worst RPG I've played a lot is DA:O. As for why, I just think it's entertaining enough to hold my attention. It's not the worst game in the world, just the worst RPG I've played a lot of.

Hag

Arbiter
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Valheim. While I know it's subpar, it is good fun with friends. Reminds me of my Minecraft years, but with actual combat and challenge, and a nice atmosphere.
I can't imagine play it solo but it really hits the spot of the coop chill out game. Nice small details. Very basic stuff all around, ideas stolen from various other games, but a really correct blend with a surprising quality of polish.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Every few years I'll fire up the GOG version of Baldur's Gate 1 and do solo, Ironman runs. Over and over and over . . . Theres no mystery, no thought involved, just the endless loop of soloing with various builds until (or if) I die, and then start again.

Luckily this retarded compulsion only hits me when work is particularly soul sucking around big project deadlines at the end of the fiscal year.

at least use SCS, lol
Oh yeah, I guess I do have a few mods installed. SCS and widescreen, but it's still ass.

My favorite impossible to recommend RPG experience is keeping impeccable folders of my favorite RPGs, including installers, official and unofficial patches, mods (sorted according to type), guides, screenshots, etc. These will often accompany reviews that I write myself and don't show anyone.

Reason: undiluted autism.

As for my Pokemon addiction, I've had no symptoms in nearly 5 years, thank you.

eli

Learned
Ready? that game is *drumrolls*
Every D&D/ tabletop sourced game on a computer
why you ask? because you can't role-play a multiplayer game with one player, you end up role-playing a class instead of a character, be it mechanically or narratively.

flushfire

Augur
NWN2 OC

I constantly replay a bunch of other stuff, but they're all good games. NWN2 OC is probably just the worst of the bunch.

As for why, mechanically I just love the variance in character creation. Even though every face is ugly AF.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom