Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What if we split the Codex into two sites: RPG Codex + Political Codex?

What do you think about splitting the politics out to a separate stand-alone website + forums?

• THIS SOUNDS LIKE A GREAT IDEA

Votes: 137 37.8%
  • Over my dead body

Votes: 133 36.7%
  • kingcomrade

Votes: 92 25.4%

• Total voters

Zanzoken

Arcane
I stopped posting in the Politics forum entirely and it's wonderful.

You've been sorely missed

di_05812.jpg

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
It was inevitable after Comrade Trump was purged, he was the last western leader being for freedom of speech and discussion, Codex is hosted in one of of the Five Eyes country so I guess we are pass the stage of corralling and identifying the dissidents and ITZ time to make some purging and gulaging*, you can't have sites like Codex Open when you do so, it was great ten years serving with you Comrades, its shame that neither Putin nor XI have interest in hosting sides like Codex, Love** you all Comrades!

* From both left and right.

**No Homo of course.

:hero:

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
While it is true that people with left leaning world views are less likely to post on the codex, I dont think that makes us an echo chamber.

Only one viewpoint posting somewhere is precisely the definition of an echo-chamber.

Hardly, I see plenty of people on here that disagree about stuff.

What I dont see is people getting banned for microaggressions or other such nu-speak.

Lambach

Arcane
As Lambach described, lefties have developed a world view that their beliefs are neutral and non-political and anybody opposed to them are making things "political" and need to be silenced.

It's not just the "lefties", though, this cultural rot is omnipresent in your entire so-called "developed" world. The average Kwan or Western Yuropean is 100% in agreement with the political/societal propaganda that is being plastered into the vast majority of the entertainment media to the point where they don't even see it as propaganda but just something that's common sense, like water being wet or fire being hot.

Correct_Carlo

Arcane
What I dont see is people getting banned for microaggressions or other such nu-speak.

Codex takes this to an opposite extreme that's just as cult-like and tribal as resetera, though. Dumbfucks here think that "not getting banned for microaggressions" means constantly and deliberately shouting racial slurs at the top of your lungs. It's a weird sort of reverse virtue signaling that makes gd/politics a bizarro mirror image version of resetera that has all of its same ills (i.e. group-think, extremism, and community enforced mechanisms for censure), it just uses different methods of enforcement (the button rating system) and covers them with a different coat of paint.

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Codex takes this to an opposite extreme that's just as cult-like and tribal as resetera, though. Dumbfucks here think that "not getting banned for microaggressions" means shouting racial slurs at the top of your lungs. It's a weird sort of reverse virtue signaling that makes gd/politics a bizarro mirror image version of resetera that has all of its same ills (i.e. group-think, extremism, and community enforced mechanisms for censure), it just uses different methods of enforcement (the button rating system) and covers them with a different coat of paint.

You dont have to visit there. If you want a more woke general discussion there is always reddit or resetera. Nothing prevents you from discussing gaming stuff here, and other stuff somewhere else.

I dont agree with your comparison, but maybe you can break it down in more detail so I can understand your position.

Lambach

Arcane
Only one viewpoint posting somewhere is precisely the definition of an echo-chamber.

You're free to post an opposing viewpoint, as you often do. The fact that a bunch of people (deservedly) call you a retarded faggot for posting that viewpoint does not an echo-chamber make, you retarded faggot.

(it's actually quite the opposite, in the sense that your brain-dead, 60-IQ post will even get more visibility compared to most other posts, by the virtue of a lot of people piling onto you for being, you guessed it, a retarded faggot)

Zanzoken

Arcane

Codex takes this to an opposite extreme that's just as cult-like and tribal as resetera, though. Dumbfucks here think that "not getting banned for microaggressions" means constantly and deliberately shouting racial slurs at the top of your lungs. It's a weird sort of reverse virtue signaling that makes gd/politics a bizarro mirror image version of resetera that has all of its same ills (i.e. group-think, extremism, and community enforced mechanisms for censure), it just uses different methods of enforcement (the button rating system) and covers them with a different coat of paint.

So if I sign up at Resetera and make a post claiming, for instance, that only people with "xx" chromosomes can be women, all that will happen is the posters there will call me names and give my post retarded ratings?

Lambach

Arcane

This retarded faggot unironically makes the equivalence between irrelevant little pictures under your posts and getting banned because a local moderator got up on the wrong foot that day and didn't like the way you phrased your semi-disagreement to some political stance that was accepted as gospel truth on the website. :lol:

50-IQ_Carlo just being his 50-IQ self, take #64582277 :salute:

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
GD seems p. tame since the crazier racists left. Not sure who is blackmailing DU, but I can tell you this, giving into cancel culture never works.

You'd be better off just shutting down the site than trying to appease their ever increasing demands.

You do what's right for you DU, it's been a fun ride.

I'll find some new place to be a retard. The codex might survive another year after politics is banned, but I'm not optimistic.

The woke crowd will find something problematic with the gaming discussion. Maybe somebody didnt like a character but it was a minority and it set off alarm bells. Moderation really is a slippery slope, but you will find out in time.

Let me know if you make a new forum after you nuke this one.

Last edited:

Lambach

Arcane
This is not the state. Its not about freedom of speech. If you want to say "hang niggers"/ "rape women" all day, firstly, go fuck yourself. Second, go be an idiot somewhere else.

But where's this "somewhere else", lul? You're on the one of the very few places on the Internet that allows you to "be an idiot", as you say, (at least for now) and you're bitching about it instead of going to any other of the bajillion quadrillion places that enforce a strict speech/behavioral code you seem to prefer.

Also, you're a filthy nigger and as such, you deserve to be hanged. :smug:

Zanzoken

Arcane
Moderate the codex. Delete posts like this: hang all niggers. Ban users that insist posting this. Simple moderation is enough.

Okay, simple moderator, tell me exactly when I've crossed the line from bannable to acceptable points of view.

- Hang all niggers
- Niggers are dumb lol
- Black people have a lower IQ on average than white people do, and that makes them inferior.
- Why do all black people like to eat fried chicken?
- There are some aspects of black culture that are problematic.
- The police are not racist.
- The police are racist, but black people are also party responsible for their own problems.
- Defunding the police may not be the best solution to the problem of white supremacy.
- I'm so anti-racist that I only allow my wife to have Black boyfriends.

Where do you draw the line? Explain your rationale please, in a way that is objective and easily codified into a rule.

Alternatively, stop being a faggot and read the tagline

P3AoHUI.png

Self-Ejected

Atlet

Self-Ejected
Vatnik
This is not the state. Its not about freedom of speech. If you want to say "hang niggers"/ "rape women" all day, firstly, go fuck yourself. Second, go be an idiot somewhere else.

But where's this "somewhere else", lul? You're on the one of the very few places on the Internet that allows you to "be an idiot", as you say, (at least for now) and you're bitching about it instead of going to any other of the bajillion quadrillion places that enforce a strict speech/behavioral code you seem to prefer.

Also, you're a filthy nigger and as such, you deserve to be hanged. :smug:

Somewhere else is like your community. Talk about that in your place.

Anyways, prepare yourself. RPG Codex gonna get an influx of newer people. You gonna be the minority and get mocked daily solely because your hateful posts :smug:

Do you even play rpgs? You only posts at GD. You gonna have to find another place to post your idiocy.

Last edited:

Lambach

Arcane
Anyways, prepare yourself. RPG Codex gonna get an influx of newer people, and you gonna be the minority and gonna be mocked daily solely because your hateful posts :smug:

Lmao, nigger, I've been in the minority when it comes to my tastes in entertainment, opinions on anything of substance and everything else of that nature for literally my entire life. I think I'll manage to not get particularly upset by a bunch of fat faggots who have emotional breakdowns from reading nasty words off a computer screen. Nigger. :lol:

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
See, I'm ok with moderating personal attacks, but I've never seen that type of moderation applied evenly.

Moderators have their own biases too, like scruffy for example.

People a moderator agrees with get a pass in most cases.

Self-Ejected

Atlet

Self-Ejected
Vatnik
Anyways, prepare yourself. RPG Codex gonna get an influx of newer people, and you gonna be the minority and gonna be mocked daily solely because your hateful posts :smug:

Lmao, nigger, I've been in the minority when it comes to my tastes in entertainment, opinions on anything of substance and everything else of that nature for literally my entire life. I think I'll manage to not get particularly upset by a bunch of fat faggots who have emotional breakdowns from reading nasty words off a computer screen. Nigger. :lol:

And you gonna get even more harassed in your life, incel lord.

Wunderbar

Arcane
Anyways, prepare yourself. RPG Codex gonna get an influx of newer people. You gonna be the minority and get mocked daily solely because your hateful posts :smug:

Do you even play rpgs? You only posts at GD. You gonna have to find another place to post your idiocy.
says a man who posts his dick pics in a public chat while on a cocaine bender.

Self-Ejected

Atlet

Self-Ejected
Vatnik
Im gonna post my dick pics all day if it means that moderation is indeed a necessity

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom