Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What if we split the Codex into two sites: RPG Codex + Political Codex?

What do you think about splitting the politics out to a separate stand-alone website + forums?

• THIS SOUNDS LIKE A GREAT IDEA

Votes: 137 37.8%
  • Over my dead body

Votes: 133 36.7%
  • kingcomrade

Votes: 92 25.4%

• Total voters

Wunderbar

Arcane
Im gonna post my dick pics all day if it means that moderation is indeed a necessity
once the "proper moderation" starts, you're going to be one of the firsts to go, druggie spammer.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Moderate the codex. Delete posts like this: hang all niggers. Ban users that insist posting this. Simple moderation is enough.

Okay, simple moderator, tell me exactly when I've crossed the line from bannable to acceptable points of view.

- Hang all niggers
- Niggers are dumb lol
- Black people have a lower IQ on average than white people do, and that makes them inferior.
- Why do all black people like to eat fried chicken?
- There are some aspects of black culture that are problematic.
- The police are not racist.
- The police are racist, but black people are also party responsible for their own problems.
- Defunding the police may not be the best solution to the problem of white supremacy.
- I'm so anti-racist that I only allow my wife to have Black boyfriends.

Where do you draw the line? Explain your rationale please, in a way that is objective and easily codified into a rule.

Alternatively, stop being a faggot and read the tagline

P3AoHUI.png

I would allow people to say whatever they like but then would punish them if they brake the law acting on their words with no kid gloves but sadly in Clown world its opposite, you will get more severe punishment from trolling on net then from committing sexual emergency, robbery or murder unless your victim is from more protected class than you are but seriously:

The first one is threat of violence and would be prosecuted even in sane places like Potatoland and Russia (sure this seldom happens here cause most Slav Prosecutors are not woke activists yet and know that even prols need the place to get vent out), of course the law enforcement is very selective but if DU will clean threads from Pedo, Gore and threats of violence his ass should be protected at least from legal side. But if his farm is threatened with boycott by banks and such he should say this openly and close the site but then use money to escape to Philippines or such places cause the thought crime of Hosting Codex won't be so easily forgiven nor forget.

Lambach

Arcane
While it isn't as extreme as forums who enforce a world view/political with bans like Resetera, JC is basically correct. Not for GD or the politics forum entirely, but many threads and topics are very much echo chambers.

Well then, go do your sacred duty and penetrate those echo chambers with your supernaturally intelligent posts that will educate the blumpkins posting there.

Oh, wait, what's that?

People with certain viewpoints drive away any opposing views with extreme amounts of vitriol, slurs and personal attacks, and brigading on buttons. Rating any post that argues an opposing view as retarded, or cuck, or some other negative rating, regardless of the actual content of the arguments made. Because they believe any opinion but their own is wrong and "retarded".

Oh, no, you post something that's quite clearly retarded and people call it out as such (and even give you little pictures under your posts)? How absolutely terrible.

Look, if you posted anything of actual value, there would've been people, at least 2-3, trying to debate you on the merits of your argument alone (and sure, lots of others would just call you names or rate your posts negatively). If you really can't find anyone to engage with your posts in a constructive manner, then chances are, your post was fucking retarded and worthless, only good for being mocked and/or rated negatively.

It's also not anyone's job here to preserve the texture of your perfectly delicate skin.

Lambach

Arcane
Lambach , you can post as much as you want, Im gonna asnwer each of your posts directed to me here.

OK, fine, you're a nigger.

But I'm also curious:

says a man who posts his dick pics in a public chat while on a cocaine bender.

How pure is that cocaine you're using and how much would I need to pay you to ship me a couple of grams over here (in Minecraft, of course)?

Generic-Giant-Spider

The Kalinite purge of 2020 was a blueprint of the eventual future, wasn't it?

And let it show I got in on the ground floor of this shit. I was a beta tester.

Atlet

Arcane
Vatnik
Lambach , you can post as much as you want, Im gonna asnwer each of your posts directed to me here.

OK, fine, you're a nigger.

But I'm also curious:

says a man who posts his dick pics in a public chat while on a cocaine bender.

How pure is that cocaine you're using and how much would I need to pay you to ship me a couple of grams over here (in Minecraft, of course)?

My cocaine yearly investment is prob more then what you make in 2 years :smug:

Generic-Giant-Spider

Imagine thinking that using cocaine, partying, whores etc and having a huge dick is something bad

Nigga you're a mark for yourself on an RPG site.

I knew real hotel room destroyers and not one of 'em carried the effeminate air you do. Nigga only party you do are tea parties held by your book club every two weeks. Fuck u. dabs on this bitch

Lambach

Arcane
Imagine thinking that using cocaine, partying, whores etc and having a huge dick is something bad

Gotta tell you, I've been snorting that stuff on-and-off for close to 9 years already, and not once while I was under the influence did I feel the need to send a picture of my dick to a bunch of weird nerds posting on an cRPG-related online forum. Not even close.

You need some therapy, nigger.

Atlet

Arcane
Vatnik

Gotta tell you, I've been snorting that stuff on-and-off for close to 9 years already, and not once while I was under the influence did I feel the need to send a picture of my dick to a bunch of weird nerds posting on an cRPG-related online forum. Not even close.

You need some therapy, nigger.

I was bored. As I am now. Do you want a pic?

Anyways, interesting. So, you do believe in therapy? Thats nice, because I would recommend it to you. Maybe you can work your shit out and know why you have this necessity to call strangers "niggers".

Correct_Carlo

Arcane
I think some light moderation to actually diminish the constant personal attacks and streams of vitriol that contribute little to the conversation would actually go a long way to creating better discussions in the political subforum. If all someone is doing is constantly attacking and insulting people they disagree with in an attempt to drive them out of the conversation, while contributing absolutely nothing to the conversation themselves, I wouldn't be upset if they were moderated in some way.

I don't even know if moderation is necessary as the first step. As I said in another thread, as an experiment, we should simply cut all button ratings in GD/politics. I'd personally be fine with cutting all button ratings, forum wide, but I do think that including them in the video game subs might incentivize people to post there more.

The button system incentivizes extremism and low effort posting. It's also a major mechanism of group think enforcement via carrots on a stick (approval ratings) and sticks (disapproval ratings). Cut the button system and see how it affects the general culture of the forum. I don't think it would change things overnight. It'd probably be a gradual and slow shift, but I do think it would cut back on some of the main incentives for much of the bad behavior and group think, without having to outright censor anything.

Upvotes were created in a fucking lab to tap into humanity's worst impulses. Codex is a forum steeped in nostalgia for the 90s and early 2000s. We should take the forum back to that time, technologically, by removing ratings.

Lambach

Arcane
And we see an immediate example. Of course you would be hostile to the idea of people being moderated if they are mostly just attacking other people to try to silence them, because that is what you do for the most part, when not basking in the validation provided by the echo chamber.

You're the one arguing for the benefits of increased moderation and I'm the one trying to silence you? :lol:

Lambach

Arcane
Anyways, interesting. So, you do believe in therapy? Thats nice, because I would recommend it to you. Maybe you can work your shit out and know why you have this necessity to call strangers "niggers".

Maybe you can instead work out why you voluntarily spend your time in a place that you clearly dislike when:

a) nobody is forcing you to be there
b) you have such a plethora of alternative options that it would take me probably one whole day just to list them all

Atlet

Arcane
Vatnik
I like the Codex. RPG discussions here are pretty good. Some GD topics are nice too, especially the ones about clown world. But some stuff is hateful, and I think the codex would gain a lot if it was moderated.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
its shame that neither Putin nor XI have interest in hosting sides like Codex
Lol. In Russia, Codex would be raided by Центр Э in the first year and banned in the second

Side being in English and banning Russian or Chinese IPs would ensure its used as propaganda weapon against your opponents like all those Free Europe, Voice of Russia, Belsat, etc... NATO sponsored ''free'' media are Comrade, if I was Autocrat of Russia and China I would ban Codex as well its no brainer especially when you see where this hole free doom of speech brought the west Comrade.

Lambach

Arcane
Yes.

Not me, I am sure you know that won't work, but to people you disagree with in general. You try to drive opposing points of view out of conversations with hostility, even if you try to frame it to yourself as they are retarded and wrong, and you are smart and right, and you are "winning" an argument by doing that. It isn't just you, so don't feel singled out. You are just an immediate example.

Quite the opposite, I'm fine with you expressing any viewpoint you like in any manner of speaking/tone of voice/level of hostility you damn well please. If your post is actually worthwhile, you'll always get at least a couple of people willing to engage with you in good faith, even if your viewpoints are polar opposites. Of course, a lot of others will get personal or just rate you without responding, but alas, that's the Internet. That's what I've personally witnessed during my 5+ years here.

On the other hand, if your post is just mental diarrhea, you'll get the reaction you deserve and people won't be polite about it. You're not owed any civility by default and I don't know why you feel so entitled to it.

Lambach

Arcane
I like the Codex. RPG discussions here are pretty good. Some GD topics are nice too, especially the ones about clown world. But some stuff is hateful, and I think the codex would gain a lot if it was moderated.

And I think the Codex would gain a lot if whiny little niggers like you got smacked with the ban hammer.

Since both of our criteria for improving this website are pretty non-objective and arbitrary, how will we determine what the right course of action is?

Gastrick

Cipher
try to drive opposing points of view out of conversations with hostility
If words bother you then say the saying, "sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me".

For me there is too much moderation compared to when I first started posting, where my initial impressions were that you could say anything here. I expect GD to be the beacon of hope away from moderators.

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
Side being in English and banning Russian or Chinese IPs would ensure its used as propaganda weapon against your opponents like all those Free Europe, Voice of Russia, Belsat, etc... NATO sponsored ''free'' media are Comrade, if I was Autocrat of Russia and China I would ban Codex as well its no brainer especially when you see where this hole free doom of speech brought the west Comrade.
Let's assume that Центр Э operatives suddenly become fluent in English:

Faggot bashing would be ignored - nothing wrong with that.
Nigger bashing would be mostly ignored - no one cares about niggers.
Jew and Mooslim bashing will bring Codex down faster than it takes you to say Székesfehérvár

Correct_Carlo

Arcane
try to drive opposing points of view out of conversations with hostility
If words bother you then say the saying, "sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me".

For me there is too much moderation compared to when I first started posting, where my initial impressions were that you could say anything here. I expect GD to be the beacon of hope away from moderators.

Says the guy who joined in 2020. Seriously. You are a great case-in-point for everything that's gone wrong with this forum. Do you even play video games? Or did you just join because your "initial impressions were that you could say anything here" (your words, not mine).

Lambach

Arcane
We should stick with my position, pretty much. Ban hateful posts, like "all niggers should be hanged", since it's christian.

I disagree, I think we should ban all users who want to ban all non-illegal/non-spam posts, since they're advocating against free speech and that's no bueno in my book.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom