Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Colony Ship Early Access Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Parabalus

Arcane
All mobs disappearing after you sneak past them is hilarious.

Parabalus

Arcane
All mobs disappearing after you sneak past them is hilarious.
They don't forget to devour the corpse with its loot in the armory beforehand either.

Why can't you takedown frogs? No animations yet or just reasons?

Though in that armory scene sneak is useful since you can position yourself in the narrow corridor before starting combat, and they come 1 by 1.

AdolfSatan

Arcane
Is there some clear indication of having arrived to the end of the chapter, or should I assume it finished after I've ran out of quests to do?

Parabalus

Arcane
Takedown skill XP definitely needs to be increased, compared to regular combat you get basically nothing.

Ihavenoidea

Educated
So, how do we feel about feats? I made a simple excel, that helps me with making the character outside the game to better understand the game, and listed them as well (a bit too late for that since game is out already, but having something similar on website could give new players a small taste what the game is about, assuming demo is out.
3 feats require 8 per, 3 feats require 8 str, 2 feats require 8 dex, 1 feat requires 6 per, 1 feat requires 6 dex, so that seems pretty balanced.
From a quick look:
Dodger being below 20% of life, not below 7 hp makes more sense to me.
I'm not sure if berserker requires + 1 to min dmg, being extremely strong already.
I doubt there are any stats on what feats people use, but the dodge stacking makes dodge feats very strong.

How anal is the game with the ammount of skill points? Can you get through the game more or less blind or are you forced to rely on meta like in AoD?

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
How anal is the game with the ammount of skill points? Can you get through the game more or less blind or are you forced to rely on meta like in AoD?
skills upgrade from usage. Quite generous right now. if you pick mastermind you can cover everything.

dodge stacking makes dodge feats very strong.
thought so too but debuff stacking and enemies like bullfrogs shit on it. At least solo

from 8 PER feats, sharpshooter feels much stronget over precise strike. Penetration is quite important, that flurry does minimal dmg

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Truly. The power of Blunt Objects is simply outrageous!

Love this game so much! Also what the hell. The video makes the game look choppy. I assure you, it's much smoother than that.

Parabalus

Arcane
Is 10 the max skill level?

Seems like you max combat skill too fast solo.

Cloaking field also seems bugged, or way too good. It should break on attack.

Last edited:

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
Savecummer regarding sneak rep, looks like ive missed one quest resolution: rescuing deacon. It gives +2, so you can get 19/22 depending on xroads path you chose. If we get to takdown frogs in future, it will likely go up further

as side question: anyone had luck running solo with dagger? I got a lot of trouble getting past easy frog fights. With revolver it was fine as I could shoot down spitter quickly and in general I was doing more dmg. Its a bit surprising that revolver does more dmg and costs less AP than dagger. Yes, Im utilizing choke points to get attacked by single bullfrog. Also as far as consumables go, I ran out of gas grenades

Cloaking field also seems bugged, or way too good. It should break on attack.
yeah I did raise it. Also it allows to walk right in front of person or perform takedowns while someone is watching

It feels broken when you play solo but that's not the case with a party.
I dont get that sneak with party talk. I was always sneaking alone and was fine. Care to provide examples? There is only one instance when sneaking with full party is required and not easily doable: armory elevator. You can bypass that one by telling everyone but 1 person to go home and pick them up later.

jackofshadows

Magister
I dont get that sneak with party talk. I was always sneaking alone and was fine. Care to provide examples? There is only one instance when sneaking with full party is required and not easily doable: armory elevator. You can bypass that one by telling everyone but 1 person to go home and pick them up later.
I meant the usual combat, not sneak sections. When you play solo with cloaking you can shoot enemies for 2-3 turns for free, it's fun as hell but feels broken, as I said.
Where do you get the cloak generator?
Depot A2 behind the force field I beleive.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
my character werent able to test yet, does disruption shield stop frogs from gnawing at your face/feet? Or starfish from pulling you in? it should

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom