Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Codex Bloodbowl League

bionicman

Liturgist
RIP Varak Break'Cranium. What a shame. He was a good orc... What a rotten way to die.

Zanzoken

Arcane
Also Zanzoken I tried to catch you on steam so we could haggle for a time but seems you ain't online very often. What hours are you available? Can we do tomorrow 19:00 CEST? (just a bit over 24 hours from the writing of this post) Iirc you're in kwa time so it might be tricky to find non weekend time that suits us both.

Yes if I've calculated correctly that should be 1pm my time, which will work fine. See you then!

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
i derped like fuck while strange farouk had terrible dice, oblivion npc music in the background was once again very apt :hero:

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Welp. This is a second time someone quits after a game with me. At least RK47 said goodbye.
Last time it was some Hawaii guy, I surfed 2 of his dorfs and my mummy intercepted a pass. He broke connection and quit Codex for a month or two. Self-ejected later. Fun game, not a good season.
Maybe serious leagues are a mistake? Maybe we should play stunty (goblin/halfling/ogre) 2 min league? Imagine the trainwrecks.

Nah I just got bored of long games that I can't drop off midway to do something else.

bionicman

Liturgist
But if you join, you won't face chorfs and pro elves I think, since RK47 played against them already.

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
9jHWcVe.png

Getting this again. Timer ticks down to zero and stays there with no moves being made. Why won't you let me spectate, BB2? :argh:

Guess I'll catch the replay.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
high elf catcher with a clear-cut chance for a last turn touchdown

what does zanzoken do

he just ends turn

you deserve all the dubskulls you get from here on

bionicman

Liturgist
Not sure if Jaedar is giving him tips, but Zanzoken is playing a lot better now than the last time we played. Though there are mistakes he makes here and there, I'm impressed.

Zanzoken

Arcane
Well played Jaedar :salute:

high elf catcher with a clear-cut chance for a last turn touchdown

what does zanzoken do

he just ends turn

you deserve all the dubskulls you get from here on

I got confused and had no clue what to do there lol

Blood Bowl is hard :M

Not sure if Jaedar is giving him tips, but Zanzoken is playing a lot better now than the last time we played. Though there are mistakes he makes here and there, I'm impressed.

Cheers man, I appreciate it. I still feel pretty clueless and like I don't even really have the fundamentals down, but that just comes with time I guess.

bionicman

Liturgist
Some things about the defensive formation you used (which I suggested to you). When using it, you want all your expensive positionals in the back, and linemen in the front (it's meant to really protect your important players from blitzing), blitzers are one of those expensive positionals.

This formation doesn't stop quick touchdowns in case of your opponent scoring quickly, so try to learn some extra formations to defend against those sorts of attacks, e.g. like the one at the end of this match. Generally this formation is best used in the first or second half when you expect the opponent not to score quickly.

Here are some other formations, you can read up on them: https://fumbbl.com/help:Defensive+Setups

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
jaedar also deserves all the dubskulls he gets from now on for not doing a last-turn foul

I still feel pretty clueless and like I don't even really have the fundamentals down, but that just comes with time I guess.

Golden rule #1 - always pick up your downed players at the start of the turn, unless you have a big brain plan for them.
Golden rule #2 - always move your players who get to do nothing but move this turn before you do something that entails rolling the dice.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Phew, that was a scary game. I think I should have picked to begin on defence, as it was I wound up scoring too quickly. I think Zanzoken played quite well on defence in first drive, but I had lots of good chances to stop his offence, just the dice refused to cooperate. But it's k, because he failed to make an effective screen in the 4th drive so I had a pretty easy 3+ 2+ and 2d without block to walk in the ball.

I also got 3 team upgrades with this: my 4th blitzer, dodge on a blitzer and mb(!!) on my witch elf. She is very much looking forward to testing her new talents on the pro elves next game.

I was going to say boot can advance the match day, but I think we need to get a replacement for rk first?
I didn't give him any tips except in the final turn, when I told him (too late) about passing for free spp.

jaedar also deserves all the dubskulls he gets from now on for not doing a last-turn foul
I considered it, but otoh he has no valuable players to foul and it doesn't get me any spp. Bit disappointed I didn't manage to inflict a single CAS though.

Harthwain

Magister
Jaedar bionicman

I have Blood Bowl 2 and I am willing to join. My in-game alias is Maccaroth. What league I should sign to (searching for "real codexia" shows nothing)? Any rules I should know about?

bionicman

Liturgist
When searching for a league just type "codex" in the input field and you should get a "Codex BB" league(?) as the result (that's the one). Then you click on the Register and then join the real codexia one.

Btw the previous participant who abandoned us uses the avatar of G0-T0 droid from Kotor 2 and you're using the one of HK-47 which is a funny coincidence.

Also, there are no rules in particular that come to mind. This seems a rare league where there is no penalty for concessions (outside of not getting the MVP for one of your players).

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
This seems a rare league where there is no penalty for concessions
This is the first codex league where anyone has ever conceded. There's been leavers before, but no concessions. I've seen no need to advocate rules against something no one is doing.

Harthwain

Magister
I found it, but I can't register. It says "No competition" and the "Register" button in bottom right corner is greyed out.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom