Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Solasta Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Shrimp

Arbiter
Just like with the level 10 cap, we've been clear from the beginning that the 6 classes available at launch would be the Fighter, the Rogue, the Wizard, the Cleric - and the two classes that were added through the Kickstarter Stretch Goals, the Paladin and the Ranger. There is also a 7th class that has already been announced, the Sorcerer, who will be available in a free post-launch DLC for everyone.
Why not just include it in the base game then? Am I missing something here?
Anyway I'm glad to at least have a launch date. I played it during its first iteration of early access and intentionally avoided doing subsequent playthroughs to save the experience for the full release. It'll be interesting to see how much has changed.

Shrimp

Arbiter
May? Well, that's very good. Wonder if I'll need to start a new game.
The wording in the FAQ suggests that you should be able to continue with a save file from early access (although it isn't recommended)
Should I start a fresh run at launch?

Yes, we heavily suggest you start a fresh run as we will have made many changes between the current Spring Update EA version and the full 1.0 release!

Larianshill

Arbiter
Let's hope this sells well then, so they can implement the actually interesting classes after.
I don't think they have the rights to the interesting classes. They get around it sometimes, like there's a wizard subclass that almost makes you a land druid.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
All of the base classes are OGL content, just the subclasses aren't. I don't like most official subclasses anyway.

Here we go: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tacticaladventures/solasta-crown-of-the-magister/posts/3160702

Solasta graduates from Early Access on May 27th!

Hey there folks! We weren't lying last week when we said that you'd get to know the launch date of Solasta soon :D

Solasta is graduating from Early Access!
On May 27th 2021 after a little more than 7 months in Early Access, Solasta will finally launch its 1.0 version with all the promises made during our Kickstarter Campaign! What a ride it has been, from the small prototype made by the hands of Mathieu Girard (our CEO and Creative Director) in Summer 2018, to the core team of Tactical Adventures shaping up end of 2018, to our Kickstarter Campaign and Ruins of Telema Demo in Summer 2019, to our Early Access launch in Autumn 2020... all of this leading to full release in Spring 2021!

And we wouldn't have made it this far without you, our community, supporting Solasta in your own ways - whether by backing us on Kickstarter, buying the game on Steam / GOG, giving feedback and reporting bugs to help us improve the game, or simply talking about Solasta to your friends! To think that our Discord server, which had less than 200 members when our Kickstarter started now has grown to 5,500 members. Our tiny subreddit with 12 subscribers is now nearing 2,000 subs. And we just passed 3,000 Steam reviews and 45,000 members on the Solasta Steam group!

We'll have more exciting news leading to the final release of Solasta: Crown of the Magister - so keep an eye out for more information!

Based on what I played this is a bit too early for my liking. I would've thought a late 2021 date was more reasonable. It seems like there's a lot more to get through.

pm_675

Arbiter
Here we go: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tacticaladventures/solasta-crown-of-the-magister/posts/3160702

Solasta graduates from Early Access on May 27th!

Hey there folks! We weren't lying last week when we said that you'd get to know the launch date of Solasta soon :D

Solasta is graduating from Early Access!
On May 27th 2021 after a little more than 7 months in Early Access, Solasta will finally launch its 1.0 version with all the promises made during our Kickstarter Campaign! What a ride it has been, from the small prototype made by the hands of Mathieu Girard (our CEO and Creative Director) in Summer 2018, to the core team of Tactical Adventures shaping up end of 2018, to our Kickstarter Campaign and Ruins of Telema Demo in Summer 2019, to our Early Access launch in Autumn 2020... all of this leading to full release in Spring 2021!

And we wouldn't have made it this far without you, our community, supporting Solasta in your own ways - whether by backing us on Kickstarter, buying the game on Steam / GOG, giving feedback and reporting bugs to help us improve the game, or simply talking about Solasta to your friends! To think that our Discord server, which had less than 200 members when our Kickstarter started now has grown to 5,500 members. Our tiny subreddit with 12 subscribers is now nearing 2,000 subs. And we just passed 3,000 Steam reviews and 45,000 members on the Solasta Steam group!

We'll have more exciting news leading to the final release of Solasta: Crown of the Magister - so keep an eye out for more information!

Props to Tactical Adventures. They said 6 months after early access would release the game and 7 months later launch the full release. In the middle of a pandemic.

Nice to see a professional Kickstarter game launch.

:hero:

copebot

Learned
In general I liked my experience with this game more than I liked BG3. Looking forward to the full release.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Yeah, the subclasses in Solasta aren't big galaxy brain inventions and subversions.

But are interesting. IMO Shock Arcanist is more interesting than the original "evoker", shadow temer is quite interesting, marksman too Oath of the Motherland paladin is quite good and interesting in offensive capabilities, Oath of Tirmar is interesting in the supportive capabilities and honestly, I found the subclasses much better than the "original" subclasses.

DemonKing

Arcane
Looking forward to this. I also held off playing much of the EA version in anticipation of the full release. Too bad the sorcerer won't be there at launch though.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

https://www.solasta-game.com/news/1...oundtrack-world-of-light-g4f-studio-recording

SOLASTA ORCHESTRAL SOUNDTRACK - WORLD OF LIGHT (G4F STUDIO RECORDING)

Hey there folks!

While we're all waiting for the final release of Solasta, here is a little something to listen to. And to watch. Those who followed the project during our Kickstarter campaign may remember one of our stretch goals - an orchestral upgrade to the soundtrack. Some of you might even have noticed that some tracks changed with the Spring Update version. Well, if you were wondering how those new tracks sound and how they were produced, look no further - we have a video for you!

RxKRp8nO0vGYfVnWMFix4s3K1UGe8XyswgUUTBOp.png

We're desperately working to finish the game despite the repeated attempts to sabotage our productivity

World of Light Studio Recording

Hope you enjoyed the video! World of Light (Main Theme) is part of the final soundtrack, which will be available at launch digitally or for pre-order in vinyl format for you collectors out there. For those who are looking for more information:
  • The soundtrack will be distributed by G4F Records. Remember Furi? Yep, they handled their OST too!
  • The soundtrack will contain 23 tracks, all composed by Maxime Herve(who've worked on quite a few other games soundtrack, go check him out!):
    • Side A (Vinyl):
      • World of Light
      • Heroes of Solasta
      • High Adventure
      • Prison Escape
      • Hour of the Wolf
      • The Lightbringers
    • Side B (Vinyl):
      • Shadows
      • Caer Cyflen
      • Ruins of Telema
      • Clashing Swords
      • The Crown
      • The Necromancer
    • Side C (Vinyl):
      • Coparann
      • Master's Tower
      • Ambush in the Dark
      • The Legacy Council
      • The Battle of the Rift
      • The Cradle of Fire
    • Side D (Vinyl):
      • Warcry
      • Master Mind
      • Children of Darkness
      • Aer Elai
      • The Last Stand

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom