Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What if we split the Codex into two sites: RPG Codex + Political Codex?

What do you think about splitting the politics out to a separate stand-alone website + forums?

• THIS SOUNDS LIKE A GREAT IDEA

Votes: 137 37.8%
  • Over my dead body

Votes: 133 36.7%
  • kingcomrade

Votes: 92 25.4%

• Total voters

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
X to doubt. People who are supposedly making outrageous posts to farm ratings would not carry on for years without them. Ratings here are just a bunch of emojis, they're not like "likes" on social media, they don't give boosts to visibility, hide low rated posts or flag posts in any way. There's already little encouragement as it is.

I think it's more about the negative ratings.

People get butthurt about having a dozen retard ratings in a game thread. If somebody is being dumb, use words.

That's where interesting discussions pop up.

People did use words, they would make short poasts like "retard detected". I don't like getting spammed with "retarded" or "edgy" ratings either, but it wouldn't make much difference if they were removed imo. I have suggested before that the button parade be purged of obvious "you are correct" and "you are wrong" ratings, but at that point you're in the "disabling things to protect users from themselves" territory.

I joined in 2012, but iirc, back then people who spammed low quality one liners got their posts retardo'd frequently and eventually prosperized.

Edit..

I went back and did a brief look.

Retardoland of 2012 https://rpgcodex.net/forums/forums/retardo-land.17/page-78

Retardoland of today: https://rpgcodex.net/forums/forums/retardo-land.17/

It appears that back then one liners and duplicate topics was the subject of moderation.

I dont see many one liners getting moderated today. I do see long swathes of conversations retardo'd though. Not sure if they are off topic or there is a butthurt moderator in the past day or two.

That's my quick observation comparing the moderation today from a decade ago.

Last edited:

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
That one is particularly cancerous because the reddit mod basically says there is no evidence for diverse Bohemia but then swings it around to saying it doesn't matter because games should be diverse for the sake of it.
The most ironic thing is that I suspect there's very few negroes in modern day Bohemia, let alone the medieval one.

But whom do we question? I once got aware about one Kwanzanian movie where 101st paratroopers were fighting nazi-zombies; of course, they included one nigger as a part of 101st division despite US Army being segregated up until 1947. "Historical accuracy is not the goal of this movie, it's about zombies!" I was answered. Well, if so, where are nigger-nazis? Nigger-nazi-zombies, to be exact?

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Unwanted

Sweeper

Unwanted
Zionist Agent
Why would you want to interact with such a pansy tho?
If he stopped ignoring me I wouldn't, but since he does, I do.
The most ironic thing is that I suspect there's very few negroes in modern day Bohemia, let alone the medieval one.
Been to Prague a while back, I don't remember seeing a single nigger. Might have changed since then, but I doubt it. Prague is a white people city.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
But this is the current year. If “gaming press” shits all over KCD because there are no niggers in 15th century Bohemia, if the likes of Neil Cuckman openly state on social media that they are waging a crusade to push their political agenda through vidya, if various cucks try to get games like Six Days in Faluja canceled because they show US troops fighting mudslimes, while at the same time games are by and large getting dumbed down, then people are logically going to spend less time talking about lore, gameplay and mechanics and more about the political aspects that are being emphasized by the devs and “journalists” themselves. Again, look at Underrail (old-school RPG with interesting lore, mechanics and gameplay) thread and TLoU2 (pozed popamole shit created explicitly to push homo/tranny agenda) thread – it should be obvious why these threads are very different in terms of content and tone.

If you want to limit the discussion of the political aspects of contemporary gaming, you are attempting to normalize the shit that mainstream devs and “jurnos” are trying to push on their audience. I respect your right to do that, but you should do so openly (this is a free speech forum with a large cuck population after all) instead of trying to prevent people who disagree from even speaking up. This "bro, just talk about gameplay" argument doesnt hold.

The best way a man can combat irrationality is to remain rational.

You have to realize that the egregious crime and restriction of the sacred freedom of speech people are referring to is splitting threads. No-one has been shutting down legitimate conversation.

Constantly sperging about a minor aspect of a game, one that as I pointed out, doesn't even have any impact on the actual gameplay itself (unless we are talking about a VN or something), is what I'd consider "toxic behaviour". If there is a separate topic where it has been established, that should be enough. Most of the 'dex would still like to hear how shitty the actual game itself is.

Being against the cancel culture does not mean that you need to start behaving like your enemies do.

Unwanted

Sweeper

Unwanted
Zionist Agent
Being against the cancel culture does not mean that you need to start behaving like your enemies do.
That is exactly what it means.
>Just because your enemies kill you doesn't mean you have to kill them back
Go back to running Canada into the ground Trudeau.

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
Constantly sperging about a minor aspect of a game, one that as I pointed out, doesn't even have any impact on the actual gameplay itself (unless we are talking about a VN or something), is what I'd consider "toxic behaviour". If there is a separate topic where it has been established, that should be enough. Most of the 'dex would still like to hear how shitty the actual game itself is.
There was a lot of political sperging in CP77 pre-release thread, of which I proudly was a part of. Back then, very few info about the game was known; even gameplay videos were rare. If not for politics and such that thread would have been dead and dry

Once the game was released I stopped posting in any CP77 related threads, lol

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
There was a lot of political sperging in CP77 pre-release thread, of which I proudly was a part of. Back then, very few info about the game was known; even gameplay videos were rare. If not for politics and such that thread would have been dead and dry

Once the game was released I stopped posting in any CP77 related threads, lol

Most of the political sperging about CP77 was pre-release from what I remember. Most of the post-release stuff was rants about the game's various problems.

Sure there was a lot of bitching about the sexuality of various NPCs, but most of that was after the existing rants had dried up.

Seeker
In My Safe Space
Congratulations for being cd projekt's useful idiot who kept advertising their game by talking about it when the gameplay wasn't even finalised.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Congratulations for being cd projekt's useful idiot who kept advertising their game by talking about it when the gameplay wasn't even finalised.

Well that confirms that 1451 is definitely one of those squirrely fuckers who puts people on ignore and then shows ignored content.

Have the decency to show a little bit of manliness and commit to your decisions.

IDtenT

Menace to sobriety!
Patron
South Africa; My pronouns are: Banal/Shit/Boring
Divinity: Original Sin

Well that confirms that 1451 is definitely one of those squirrely fuckers who puts people on ignore and then shows ignored content.

Have the decency to show a little bit of manliness and commit to your decisions.
It's more like a name in his black book to emphasise that there has been a disagreement in the past. Many such cases. Sad!

Lady Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
There is a community here and even those who discuss politics are also interested in RPG's.

Because this is a place to discuss RPGs. If your primary focus is discussing politics, then...

YBTc6ni.png

What counts in RPG discussion is quality, not quantity of posts. Case in point: https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads...t-atomic-vaxxination-cyclopean-chasms.137646/

Also, you missed the "God & Wealth of Nations" part - I post a lot about investing and in spiritual threads that have little to do with politics.

Correct_Carlo

Arcane
What infuriated me most about this whole thread was Wrong_Carlo blaming everything on the buttons. Don't you dare touch the buttons!

Carlo has a strange complex about being rated. Maybe people shouted "retadred" or "butthurt" at him when he was a youth and it traumatised him.

Either way, it triggers him badly.

I don't care about being rated at all. I rail against all rating systems on social media. I think their introduction fundamentally changed the internet for the worse. It did the following:

1. Turned the internet into one big Skinner box where people seek out dopamine hits they get via low effort approval of others.

2. Segregated the internet into political and cultural tribes of like minded people existing in filter bubbles.

3. Made posting habits more geared toward low effort attempts at garnering community approval, rather than quality discussion.

4. Made all communities more extreme versions of what they were, as in most cases, people would start espousing louder and more attention grabbing versions of a given community's ethos to stand out and get approval.

Overtime, all of these things shift the culture of the internet drastically. You can see this everywhere at present, not just Codex, with it being more pronounced on many sites like Reddit/Facebook which prioritize what people see based on how highly they are rated.

Last edited:

Joggerino

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Unfortunately there's a shitload of them in the capital selling drugs and other shit. Definitely the worst thing in Prague.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom