Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What if we split the Codex into two sites: RPG Codex + Political Codex?

What do you think about splitting the politics out to a separate stand-alone website + forums?

• THIS SOUNDS LIKE A GREAT IDEA

Votes: 137 37.8%
  • Over my dead body

Votes: 133 36.7%
  • kingcomrade

Votes: 92 25.4%

• Total voters

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Being against the cancel culture does not mean that you need to start behaving like your enemies do.

What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

No conflict was ever won by bending over and saying "A-a-ah".

Well, anyone who likes that shit can feel free to start their own site. Success is guaranteed.

"We're like Resetera, but we're based!"

Endless conversation on exciting topics such as "Is developer X SJW?" and "Game Y has TRANNIES".

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Being against the cancel culture does not mean that you need to start behaving like your enemies do.

Well, anyone who likes that shit can feel free to start their own site. Success is guaranteed.

"We're like Resetera, but we're based!"

Endless conversation on exciting topics such as "Is developer X SJW?" and "Game Y has TRANNIES".

Meanwhile sterilised Codex will have no discussion of anything interesting, just 9001 threads about the stealth and shooting mechanics in Deus Ex. No story discussion allowed, too political.

Ninjerk

Arcane

df3.jpg

mondblut

Arcane

Why? We already have this one.

You already have rpgwatch, too.
Even if you start new site first thing he will do is abandoning this one and start demanding censorship on new one. That's why split is pointless.

That goes without mention. These people do not want "muh monocled gayming discusson free of politics", they just want to shut us down. Sure they hate the "culture war" - culture unconditional surrender is what they desire. How dare those boomer bigots resist the grand march of progress?

Eirinjas

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex
What infuriated me most about this whole thread was Wrong_Carlo blaming everything on the buttons. Don't you dare touch the buttons!

Carlo has a strange complex about being rated. Maybe people shouted "retadred" or "butthurt" at him when he was a youth and it traumatised him.

Either way, it triggers him badly.

I don't care about being rated at all. I rail against all rating systems on social media. I think their introduction fundamentally changed the internet for the worse. It did the following:

1. Turned the internet into one big Skinner box where people seek out dopamine hits they get via low effort approval of others.

2. Segregated the internet into political and cultural tribes of like minded people existing in filter bubbles.

3. Made posting habits more geared toward low effort attempts at garnering community approval, rather than quality discussion.

4. Made all communities more extreme versions of what they were, as in most cases, people would start espousing louder and more attention grabbing versions of a given community's ethos to stand out and get approval.

Overtime, all of these things shift the culture of the internet drastically. You can see this everywhere at present, not just Codex, with it being more pronounced on many sites like Reddit/Facebook which prioritize what people see based on how highly they are rated.

I'm sorry, but ratings buttons did not segregate people into groups - people did that themselves well before social media arose and started gamifying interaction. People are naturally inclined to find community with like-minded individuals. Yes, it's tribalism, but it is also a well established evolutionary survival mechanism. And people will naturally seek to raise and maintain their standing within the social hierarchy of their tribe whether or not a ratings button exists - the ratings button just facilitates this process. Communities are also not more extreme than they ever were before social media and gamification of it. The internet has always emboldened certain people to say things they would never say to a person's face IRL because of the distance and anonymity that it provides. I think we agree though, that social media is brain cancer. But, most people IRL are not going to provide worthwhile, insightful, intelligent, or otherwise interesting dialogue for someone looking for elevated conversation.

Boleskine

Arcane
My theory is that DU wants to split off the politics and GD subforums so that his posting stats will be less lopsided in favor of non-gaming vs. gaming.

DiuAcE5.png

"I hate reading threads filled with boring things I don't care about, people should be discussing about ________"

What a shame. It's a forum, talk about the things you're interested in and if others care they will reply. No posts are being hidden because the ones talking about those other issues are being "boosted", every post here has the same visibility. This is like when people complain there's no thread about game X or no posts commenting on something. Just create it and see if there's interest. If you're a fan of a pozzed communist tranny fest of a game that has amazing combat due to a miracle, it's your job to make others aware of it. A less extreme case is Troubleshooter, which has animu aesthetics that makes many here dismiss it out of hand, but gained a following because people began to talk about it despite the bullies' :decline: ratings.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom