Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Bug: zero alerts about new threads in the News

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
I'm subscribed to the section with the following options:

a26d49544c884e5e565051812d27c208.png

I've been subscribed for years. I've not received a single alert ever.

Subscription to other forums works fine.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
It's because the news posting system bypasses the forums method. If I could into OOP I could fix that but I am not a learning animal.

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
Not really a coder. We should force DU into an OOP education camp. It's the only way.

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
It's because the news posting system bypasses the forums method. If I could into OOP I could fix that but I am not a learning animal.

It's been years!

That said, If you're going to continue to maintain these forums using this software, it would probably be in your best interests to actually learn OOP.
Yeah, that was pretty much the plan - only it meant committing time to it that I didn't really have and it was a greater mind-fuck than I had anticipated.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Do you want me to have a look? I'd need full sources with some instructions for initial setup and an example DB to test it on.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
No, we're working on it. Code we had was throwing errors.

Given I don't know XF2 but I do know my own code, it was easier to remove the XF2 part that sent alerts.

Rest assured we are working on this feature though and hope to bring it back online. Probably at about the same time as the games' / people / company database. And some text for the about page.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Truly a horrible malfunction that should be fixed asap. :lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom