Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Lilura's Blog: An Ongoing Codexian Obsession

How do you rate lilura1.blogspot.com's commentary?

• Total voters

Brokenail

Literate
210415012718216932.jpg

Brokenail

Literate
Although I haven't visited her blog in years, I've enjoyed reading Lilura's thoughts on BG1 and Icewind Dale and I think we need more of that highly focused, non-mainstream content.

The purpose of having a blog or a webpage is to keep valuable information from being swallowed by the deluge of mass opinion and industry deceit. There are many great posts on the Codex, but if you're looking for something specific, you might not always get lucky with "site:rpgcodex.net Baldur's Gate". Even on a non-mainstream site like this, most threads are dominated by noise and there are usually several threads for the same topic.

Otherwise, posting on forums is preferable, as other posters can comment on your posts, point out your errors and make sure your little trip into video game auteur & art critic territory doesn't turn you into an insufferable blowhard, like several people who come to mind. Also, being a part of a community can be great for creativity. Whatever she might say, I really doubt Lilura would have her blog if she had never joined the Codex in the first place.

i really liked it too. I found it while playing jagged alliance 2. I think it's too bad she did not write about the whole story because I really enjoyed it.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
Wait. No. I found a video on her channel using the Enhanced Edition of Never winter Nights. I don't understand. I played the original and ignored the EE (Even going so far to argue about it with people, calling it shit and unnecessary) based off of her recommendation. Does this mean I can play BG EE now too?

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
All I know is, she knows her old school RPGs, loves TOEE and JA2, is female, possibly Asian, and she gives you guys lots of shit. :shredder:

Brokenail

Literate
All I know is, she knows her old school RPGs, loves TOEE and JA2, is female, possibly Asian, and she gives you guys lots of shit. :shredder:

Do we care?
The blog is just great and I believe she made sure no one could comment on her youtube videos or on her blog because she just does not care.
Trying to tell her I like her work via this board may have been a mistake.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
I care, it's good having someone keeping the torch lit for a type of game that is great yet seeming more and more like a distant memory now. She probably likes the feedback and probably still reads here sometimes. It's hard to build website traffic, if you don't sell out.

Brokenail

Literate
Thanks, Ol' Willy. I'm french and we use the same word. I thought board was the english word for it.

Anvi, I was talking about her identity. I care a lot about her work and I like it but I don't think you should try to find who she is.

PrettyDeadman

Wait. No. I found a video on her channel using the Enhanced Edition of Never winter Nights. I don't understand. I played the original and ignored the EE (Even going so far to argue about it with people, calling it shit and unnecessary) based off of her recommendation. Does this mean I can play BG EE now too?
Please, accept the mystery.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Thanks, Ol' Willy. I'm french and we use the same word. I thought board was the english word for it.

Anvi, I was talking about her identity. I care a lot about her work and I like it but I don't think you should try to find who she is.
What do you mean find who she is? She's Lilura!

Palomides

Augur

Traditionally they're called message boards (older was BBS), newfag turds started calling them 'forum' a while back, though. Stay with tradition, call them boards.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom