Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...dataminer-finds-unreleased-quest-descriptions

Cyberpunk 2077 dataminer finds unreleased quest descriptions
Potentially for upcoming free DLC.

Cyberpunk 2077's big 1.2 patch rolled out at the end of last month, promising a huge amount of bug fixes and performance improvements (and delivering some significant boosts for PS4 Pro, at least). But it seems the patch may have quietly added some content for upcoming DLC updates, as a dataminer has discovered new files referencing previously-unseen "episode one" street story quests.

Discovered by a member of the modding community who goes by the username romulus_is_here (shortened to Romulus for this article), the quest descriptions were recently added during the 1.2 patch. Using modding tool "CP77 Tools", Romulus has been unpacking archive data to browse quest files for some time, and told me he does this as a hobby.
Romulus told me that main quests in Cyberpunk 2077 are normally split into three categories: prologue, part one and epilogue, numbered from q000 to q204. A couple of quests, however, can be found in the localisation directory, where they are named q301 - outside the parameters of the regular quests in the game. They're also named "story-ep1", presumably short for story, episode one.

Romulus believes this name confirms the "very first large story-based DLC", and although a few of these files have been in the game since launch, a significant amount of content with the "ep1" tag was added in the recent 1.2 patch - and new additions are a lot more interesting. Romulus showed me two screenshots showing how his search hits for ep1 went from five in the game's 1.03 launch version, to 220 after the 1.2 patch. Eurogamer also separately checked the files and was able to view the ep1 quests.

Dig into these ep1 files, and you'll find story plots for "street stories" that aren't currently playable in vanilla Cyberpunk 2077. For context, CDPR used the term street stories to describe "around 75" small quests ahead of Cyberpunk 2077's release (via GamesRadar). Some of these only have placeholder text, but others list objectives and email exchanges - including a discussion between two characters about a quest character called Wagner. There's mention of a hostage situation involving a group called "Kurtz Militia". Another street story requires players to find a hidden den of netrunners, and there's mention of a bomb in a swimming pool.

One of the quests has a full description, and centres on a character called Anthony Anderson who the player is expected to rescue from the Scavengers gang. If Hugo Weaving doesn't pop up to say "Mr. Anderson", I will be very upset. Anyway, it features a new location called Newcomers Haven, described as an "unfinished church repurposed as a shelter", which is presumably located in Pacifica - as the fixer giving out the quest is Mr. Hands.

jpg

Is Mr. Hands suddenly going to have his... hands... full?

On this note, Romulus said he believes "the majority of the street stories introduced in episode one will centre around Pacifica", and indeed, several of the ep1 street stories feature Pacifica fixer Mr. Hands. When Cyberpunk 2077 released many players said Pacifica felt a little unfinished, with surprisingly few gig quests. It seems likely that these Pacifica quests were not finished in time for the game's release, and could be added in through free DLC patches.

As for whether these street stories could be played in-game right now, Romulus said that theoretically, this might be possible. But the process of confirming it would require digging through thousands of unaccounted-for files: a truly Sisyphean task. Yesterday's 1.21 patch has apparently not made any changes to the text files - although police will no longer spawn directly behind you on rooftops, so that's good.

Alongside the street stories, Romulus said that a significant amount of content has also appeared to supplement the existing story arcs - such as dialogues and texts for main characters "or even characters in side quests to keep things interesting". Meanwhile, some photo mode poses that have been in the files since the game's launch, titled "photomode facial singing", have now been added in English. Romulus said new files are normally first introduced in Polish, and the translation indicates they are closer to being finalised for implementation in the game.

It's worth noting that although these certainly exist in the files, we won't know for sure if they're being implemented until it's officially announced by CD Projekt Red. Development plans can change, and we still don't know when the "ep1" files will arrive (if at all). CD Projekt Red declined to comment on the newly-found files. Still, the fact many of these files were added in the 1.2 patch - and the whole thing fits in with CD Projekt Red's current roadmap plans - hints that we might see these quests sometime soon. And if not: well, it still makes for an interesting look at unreleased content.

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
Tehy gonna add more quest to Pacifica for sure since right now its basically empty and has one main quest and one gig for Mr. Hands and that's it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Marat

Arcane
Wumao
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...dataminer-finds-unreleased-quest-descriptions

Cyberpunk 2077 dataminer finds unreleased quest descriptions
Potentially for upcoming free DLC.

Cyberpunk 2077's big 1.2 patch rolled out at the end of last month, promising a huge amount of bug fixes and performance improvements (and delivering some significant boosts for PS4 Pro, at least). But it seems the patch may have quietly added some content for upcoming DLC updates, as a dataminer has discovered new files referencing previously-unseen "episode one" street story quests.

Discovered by a member of the modding community who goes by the username romulus_is_here (shortened to Romulus for this article), the quest descriptions were recently added during the 1.2 patch. Using modding tool "CP77 Tools", Romulus has been unpacking archive data to browse quest files for some time, and told me he does this as a hobby.
Romulus told me that main quests in Cyberpunk 2077 are normally split into three categories: prologue, part one and epilogue, numbered from q000 to q204. A couple of quests, however, can be found in the localisation directory, where they are named q301 - outside the parameters of the regular quests in the game. They're also named "story-ep1", presumably short for story, episode one.

Romulus believes this name confirms the "very first large story-based DLC", and although a few of these files have been in the game since launch, a significant amount of content with the "ep1" tag was added in the recent 1.2 patch - and new additions are a lot more interesting. Romulus showed me two screenshots showing how his search hits for ep1 went from five in the game's 1.03 launch version, to 220 after the 1.2 patch. Eurogamer also separately checked the files and was able to view the ep1 quests.

Dig into these ep1 files, and you'll find story plots for "street stories" that aren't currently playable in vanilla Cyberpunk 2077. For context, CDPR used the term street stories to describe "around 75" small quests ahead of Cyberpunk 2077's release (via GamesRadar). Some of these only have placeholder text, but others list objectives and email exchanges - including a discussion between two characters about a quest character called Wagner. There's mention of a hostage situation involving a group called "Kurtz Militia". Another street story requires players to find a hidden den of netrunners, and there's mention of a bomb in a swimming pool.

One of the quests has a full description, and centres on a character called Anthony Anderson who the player is expected to rescue from the Scavengers gang. If Hugo Weaving doesn't pop up to say "Mr. Anderson", I will be very upset. Anyway, it features a new location called Newcomers Haven, described as an "unfinished church repurposed as a shelter", which is presumably located in Pacifica - as the fixer giving out the quest is Mr. Hands.

jpg

Is Mr. Hands suddenly going to have his... hands... full?

On this note, Romulus said he believes "the majority of the street stories introduced in episode one will centre around Pacifica", and indeed, several of the ep1 street stories feature Pacifica fixer Mr. Hands. When Cyberpunk 2077 released many players said Pacifica felt a little unfinished, with surprisingly few gig quests. It seems likely that these Pacifica quests were not finished in time for the game's release, and could be added in through free DLC patches.

As for whether these street stories could be played in-game right now, Romulus said that theoretically, this might be possible. But the process of confirming it would require digging through thousands of unaccounted-for files: a truly Sisyphean task. Yesterday's 1.21 patch has apparently not made any changes to the text files - although police will no longer spawn directly behind you on rooftops, so that's good.

Alongside the street stories, Romulus said that a significant amount of content has also appeared to supplement the existing story arcs - such as dialogues and texts for main characters "or even characters in side quests to keep things interesting". Meanwhile, some photo mode poses that have been in the files since the game's launch, titled "photomode facial singing", have now been added in English. Romulus said new files are normally first introduced in Polish, and the translation indicates they are closer to being finalised for implementation in the game.

It's worth noting that although these certainly exist in the files, we won't know for sure if they're being implemented until it's officially announced by CD Projekt Red. Development plans can change, and we still don't know when the "ep1" files will arrive (if at all). CD Projekt Red declined to comment on the newly-found files. Still, the fact many of these files were added in the 1.2 patch - and the whole thing fits in with CD Projekt Red's current roadmap plans - hints that we might see these quests sometime soon. And if not: well, it still makes for an interesting look at unreleased content.
Rd4f86642a935d665e85de89f3b29524c

Self-Ejected

T.Ashpool

Self-Ejected
i hope these news quests aren't like those ncpd scanner hustles or gigs that are already in the main game. i'd rather have one good quest like the peralez one than 10 of those.

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
Last edited:

Sabotin

Scholar
Quick google sais CD Projekt was worth 8bil and since then stock dropped by half. So that 1bil being a commercial success seems very relative.

Hellraiser

Arcane
Quick google sais CD Projekt was worth 8bil and since then stock dropped by half. So that 1bil being a commercial success seems very relative.

How much of the drop was bellyfeels or institutions wanting to make a quick buck off the negative press, and how much was because of hard data saying they lost money on soybeerpunkt? Because I checked their results page and annual results were not posted yet, their fiscal year is the same as the calendar year so no separate report for Oct-Dec was to be expected and the last report is from Q3 2020, so before the release obviously. Based on this lack of actual figures it seems the drop is purely based on speculation fed by news all of us saw, rather than on hard figures regarding company performance. We'll see what happens once the full annual report is posted. If the amount they announced is really what it is, then it is over 5 times higher than for 2019 when they had 175 million potato net profit.

Having said that I would rather see the sales minus refunds compared to the actual investment over all those years (8?) since the game was annouced, rather than the propaganda 1 billion net potato gain they posted. It could also mean GOG had a good year or that they made a killing on whoring out the IP for merchandising to schmucks rather than on the game itself. Still quite a lot of money compared to 2019. And just FYI in Poland, unlike in the USA and probably some other places, the development costs of software that is to be sold to customers are not capitalized and amortized, so the actual costs were already reflected in the reported financial results of prior years and are not "hidden" inside the balance sheet.

They might however have debt to be paid back which would impact their cash position and general operational performance, depending of course on how much they need to pay back.

EDIT: I checked in detail in the 2019 report and actually they're reporting under IFRS and their accounting of software development is described, so I was wrong and for now the soybeerpunkt dev cost was not reflected in the net profit. Also seems like in 2019 they spent 77k potato on a song for the game.

Last edited:
Codex Year of the Donut
are they still paying poles to defend this game online?

Thank fucking god you are willing to take a break from blogging your Fallout 76 adventures and re-posting its patch notes to tell these cunts how it is, not all heroes wear power armor!

Sorry, sorry, i just can't resist, love you bro, nohomo.
I haven't played fallout 76 in almost a year tho

Myobi

Liturgist
are they still paying poles to defend this game online?

Thank fucking god you are willing to take a break from blogging your Fallout 76 adventures and re-posting its patch notes to tell these cunts how it is, not all heroes wear power armor!

Sorry, sorry, i just can't resist, love you bro, nohomo.
I haven't played fallout 76 in almost a year tho

Shit dude, I'm so sorry, i didn't knew.

Must be sad losing one of its three glorious loyal players.

Lambach

Arcane
Who needs actually making a good game. Just put 90% of your budge on marketing and big celebs and you're good to go. Lmao

According to Bill Gates, you're slightly wrong. He once gave an interview or speech (I forget exactly which) in which he claimed that, if he had a budget of 100 dollars to push a product on the market, he's use 1 dollar to build the product and 99 dollars for marketing and PR.

Never underestimate how low your average normie's standards are if you can successfully hype your shit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom