Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Colony Ship Early Access Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Nm6k

Scholar
The others also want to run to a faction of their own choice for support while Jonas wants the help of a anarchist gang now I don't know if any of them can get the help they want without the player's aid but just in case if I wanted to help the Brotherhood take control of the Pit (if they even want to at this point) I rather the Pit be reinforce by a gang then a big faction

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
how long can the pit resist annexation?
Forever.
upyours.png

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
id like to bring some attention to balance and current state of penetration. It feels quite underwhelming. DT is flat value while penetration is percentage.
In current state of the game, best (penetrating) dagger is johny reb giving 20% penetration.
Lets say that enemy got very high DT of 10. Its possible to get it a bit higher against specific attack types, not easy though.
That 20% penetration is mere 2 DT.
Lets have a look at sword chopper: same price tag as dagger in question, same AP cost, no penetration, deals 2 dmg more. Obviously its superior in all situations but heavilyy armored enemies, where its same(ish).

Aimed attacks are interesting. Torso is the only one with penetration(whooping 30), is it really good attack against armored targets though? Torso is where most armor sits. Against melee I was able to reach as high value as 12 on my character. Meanwhile head is weak, I think 4-5DT is best you can get there. Whats more hp from CON reduce on chest attack works after hit so in general chest hits feel... lackluster.

I might be missing something though. Better working penetration on dagger would also mean them dealing ANY damage on reaction fast attacks

Self-Ejected

underground nymph

I care not!
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
This game veeeery much lacks a proper sound design e.g. ambiance, people talking, industrial noise, etc.
Music becomes annoying very quickly.

This game veeeery much lacks a proper sound design e.g. ambiance, people talking, industrial noise, etc.
Music becomes annoying very quickly.
someone mentioned this is being worked on. what bothers me the most right now is (as other people have said) how it feels like everything is disconnected and you can just walk around doing anything without the world really changing.

Zer0wing

Cipher
mUsT....nOT......PlaY.......MUst...noT.....PLaY...eA :dead:
Then don't. I won't for sure, even though I'm a secret AoD simp. After finishing the first EA builds, you'll be left hungry for more. And the only satisfaction to that hunger is what? Underrail? Space Wrek, Death Trash, what other still-in-EA title? Bleh. Or be devastaded by bugs and shortcomings while screaming VINCE I THOUGHT U WER CHOZEN!!1 AoD had a long winded road to actual completion even after its launch, wasn't that lesson learned already?

Last edited:
Unwanted

Savecummer

Latest Doxxer Account
Edgy
havent seen it said yet
but the sharpface fade-to-black-eryone-dead resolution needs at least the sounds of whatever kills them, like mg fire and screams and shit

Thal

Augur
I have now built characters with all weapon types, with full party and no party, and I can say that the game is pretty well balanced. INT is overpowered, but all weapon types are viable, but with some you need to plan ahead more than with others. Against all odds, the strongest character I had was SMG guy with 10 PER, 5 CON and all Graze feats. Basically I aimed to maximise the amount of grazes and, surprisingly, it worked. With two short bursts per round, The guy mowed through enemies to the point where I had to stop, in order to let Evans get some exp too.

I also had shotgun dude with quick pockets, double trouble, and crit feats. The guy could do two double shots per round, with a good crit chance. Pretty powerful, although crits require good rolls nonetheless. However, rusty Doomsayer is too easy to get. You can just walk over there in the beginning of the game.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
I need to know the lore behind Pope Amole vs. Vincent.

What makes you think that it's personal?

Against all odds, the strongest character I had was SMG guy with 10 PER, 5 CON and all Graze feats. Basically I aimed to maximise the amount of grazes and, surprisingly, it worked. With two short bursts per round, The guy mowed through enemies to the point where I had to stop, in order to let Evans get some exp too.

Overall SMGs seem to be OP compared to assault rifles. Tagging them with Evans is way better than pistol or rifle. AR bursts are underwhelming for the AP cost. It could use an increased hit chance (that is, above graze).

jackofshadows

Magister
SMGs are 'OP' only vs light-armored enemies. And tagging them by companion seem like a bad idea to me because there's no way to get heroic per feat which greatly benefit SMG usage.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Is there a reason why the portraits of AoD/DR aren't used? They seem to be in an identical style, and most of them should fit right in, since not everyone is a cyber-horror.

I could be wrong, of course, I was just wondering.

thesecret1

Arcane
It feels as though the main conflict in the pit (Braxton vs Jonas) is kinda under represented. You don't really know anything about the factions prior to making decisions of what to do and who to help – basically "Hey, do you help this gang leader who wants to let people do whatever while taxing them, or do you want to help the Regulators, who will make things a bit more lawful (without expanding on just what "more lawful" is even supposed to mean)?" That's really too little to go on to make any sort of informed decision. Indeed, it's a bit little to even make one care about the conflict, as what one sees is basically two bands of thugs that he knows nothing about, battling it out. Could there be a way to, for example, chat with each leader between the quests or something to get them to tell you just what sort of agenda they actually have?

Marat

Arcane
Wumao
It feels as though the main conflict in the pit (Braxton vs Jonas) is kinda under represented. You don't really know anything about the factions prior to making decisions of what to do and who to help – basically "Hey, do you help this gang leader who wants to let people do whatever while taxing them, or do you want to help the Regulators, who will make things a bit more lawful (without expanding on just what "more lawful" is even supposed to mean)?" That's really too little to go on to make any sort of informed decision. Indeed, it's a bit little to even make one care about the conflict, as what one sees is basically two bands of thugs that he knows nothing about, battling it out. Could there be a way to, for example, chat with each leader between the quests or something to get them to tell you just what sort of agenda they actually have?
I had similar thoughts. I thought maybe we'd get encounters showing the downsides to lawless freedom or some good/bad aspects of the Regulators and their way of doing things or maybe some quest that would flesh out this conflict before we get to take part in it. In Teron we got to see various factions plotting for power and the general desperate state of the town and it kinda allowed player to make up his mind about whether the upcoming confrontation. In CS we go directly from going to hire a gun hand for a scavenging run to "help me take over". We know little to nothing about what the sides in the conflict represent, what are their plans for the town or their general thoughts on things and nothing is really happening in the town that puts these events in motion (unlike the shitshow Gracius unleashed by visiting Teron) - it's just one guy with a bunch of gunmen at his back saying "I should be in charge, not the other guy".

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom