Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What if we split the Codex into two sites: RPG Codex + Political Codex?

What do you think about splitting the politics out to a separate stand-alone website + forums?

• THIS SOUNDS LIKE A GREAT IDEA

Votes: 137 37.8%
  • Over my dead body

Votes: 133 36.7%
  • kingcomrade

Votes: 92 25.4%

• Total voters

mondblut

Arcane
Discussing gaming-related politics obviously should be allowed in gaming subforums (Gaming drama and "sjw in gaming" threads), but GD and politics subforums are just /pol/ cesspits that attract low IQ stormfronters and gamergaters. They should be moved somewhere else or, preferably, deleted.

"Discussing gaming-related politics should be allowed" but "attracting gamergaters" is haram?

Spot a resetera material.

mondblut

Arcane
Only indirectly. GD creates a certain fame for codex, making it look as this "EdGy WebSiTe For GaMerGate reFuegees" for the rest of the internet. This attracts edgy /pol/ users and sympathizers to post on a gaming forums they don't really belong too.

Shut your whore mouth, newfag. "GaMerGate reFuegees" have been here for 3 years longer than you. You don't like them, hit the road.

Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Shut your whore mouth, newfag. "GaMerGate reFuegees" have been here for 3 years longer than you. You don't like them, hit the road.

Just two poasts and we're already going for the join date, now that's just shamefur dispray :)

:hmmm:

Nigger, the first thing you did in that retro shooter thread was to call me "Mr. Joined in 2020" and now you complain about people bringing up your join date? Fucking lol.

Citizen

Nigger, the first thing you did in that retro shooter thread was to call me "Mr. Joined in 2020" and now you complain about people bringing up your join date? Fucking lol.

fuck
XlsAYSM.png

jackofshadows

Magister
This is all very fun and interesting but I wonder is sudden maintenance not long after the thread creation was a coinsidence and when the damn post searth will be working again properly.

Tavar

Cipher
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
I don't think it is possible to completely separate politics from games given how political games themselves have become. All forms of modern media are pushing agendas (most of them globalist / leftist) and it is not easy to separate the game from the aganda, especially if it is straight in your face. Hence, I think we have to accept some level of bitching about trannies / lesbians / niggers / ugly women etc. in the gaming subforums. While I find these kind of discussions quite pointless, they can be entertaining at times. If it gets out of hand, we can always split the threads so that people who only care about the game itself aren't disturbed. That said, I like the lax moderation on the codex, it is one of the last relicts of early 2000s internet. Please don't become like all the other sites out there.

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Repressed Homosexual
HHR continues to make his homo shitposts in his thread despite me rating him "STOP! posting" for years. I think he gets off to it.

You're the one who perpetually comes to bother me in a thread that you were never obligated to read to begin with.

And where else can I criticize homosexuality on the Internet without being instantly deleted and permanently banned?

It's just another example of gays who continuously ask for tolerance, but who display the very reverse of it to anyone who disagrees with their lifestyle.

You can try to brainwash people as much as you want, you will, never, ever, ever, ever make people think that homosexuality is anything but wrong and abnormal. Even gays themselves know deep down inside that what they're doing is wrong.

Last edited:

Ravielsk

Magister
Reading through this thread and others like it I noticed that they all seem to be based around the same misconception that whatever changes happened to codex are entirely external. A.k.a its not the world of 2005 and 2021 are two different worlds with different sets of relevant discussion, its those filthy GG refuges/pol/acks or some other nebulous group that just sorta spontaneously showed up on the site. Its not that topics that used to have 0 overlap now have a massive overlap, nope its just angry shit posters and nazis. If only we could get rid of them all then time would reset and it would be all like it was back in "the good year of choice".

The sad part is that this is not only wrong for obvious reasons but also because it historically never actually worked. Not for forums, not for image boards, not for news websites.
Oneangrygamer.net was infamous for its "edgy"(read 2005 libertarian) content yet while it was this edgefest of a site it had massive success and plenty of traffic each day, with sometime hundreds of comments under the more popular articles. Then it was sold off and despite a complete re-brand nobody cares. The site is effectively dead with comment sections gone and basically 0 traffic.
Similar thing occurred with Neogaf where despite all the concessions made the site was hard booted of the net after the owner was accused of sexual misconduct(accused proved to have committed, keep that in mind). The only reason why the site did not disapear into the memory hole is because the management momentarily understood that getting good boy points from journos might warm their hearts but it leaves their sites empty and balance at 0.
Same thing actually happened with 8kun.top. Where the moderation got the bright idea to first kick out the GG crowd because "they were shitting up every thread" but then also pushed out anything to do with politics to promote its custom brew "news" board and as a finishing blow even managed to chase out the l*li degenerates. That place is currently a ghost town with the most active boards being a Qanon larp board and hypno-sissification board. Also no one bothered to exonerate it for all its valiant effort in any way shape or form and its to this day considered and unclean site.

Point being chipping away at your community for any reason will never bring you anything. The media and developers will not just flock to you for being a good boy and nobody will be exactly giddy about joining a forum/site where they face the risk of being removed en masse whenever they become slightly inconvenient.

Repressed Homosexual
Reading through this thread and others like it I noticed that they all seem to be based around the same misconception that whatever changes happened to codex are entirely external. A.k.a its not the world of 2005 and 2021 are two different worlds with different sets of relevant discussion, its those filthy GG refuges/pol/acks or some other nebulous group that just sorta spontaneously showed up on the site. Its not that topics that used to have 0 overlap now have a massive overlap, nope its just angry shit posters and nazis. If only we could get rid of them all then time would reset and it would be all like it was back in "the good year of choice".

The sad part is that this is not only wrong for obvious reasons but also because it historically never actually worked. Not for forums, not for image boards, not for news websites.
Oneangrygamer.net was infamous for its "edgy"(read 2005 libertarian) content yet while it was this edgefest of a site it had massive success and plenty of traffic each day, with sometime hundreds of comments under the more popular articles. Then it was sold off and despite a complete re-brand nobody cares. The site is effectively dead with comment sections gone and basically 0 traffic.
Similar thing occurred with Neogaf where despite all the concessions made the site was hard booted of the net after the owner was accused of sexual misconduct(accused proved to have committed, keep that in mind). The only reason why the site did not disapear into the memory hole is because the management momentarily understood that getting good boy points from journos might warm their hearts but it leaves their sites empty and balance at 0.
Same thing actually happened with 8kun.top. Where the moderation got the bright idea to first kick out the GG crowd because "they were shitting up every thread" but then also pushed out anything to do with politics to promote its custom brew "news" board and as a finishing blow even managed to chase out the l*li degenerates. That place is currently a ghost town with the most active boards being a Qanon larp board and hypno-sissification board. Also no one bothered to exonerate it for all its valiant effort in any way shape or form and its to this day considered and unclean site.

Point being chipping away at your community for any reason will never bring you anything. The media and developers will not just flock to you for being a good boy and nobody will be exactly giddy about joining a forum/site where they face the risk of being removed en masse whenever they become slightly inconvenient.

I've seen this happen over and over again on Internet communities. A small band of posters or group is blamed for all the problems. Of course if they are banned, then they are quickly forgotten and people immediately start complaining about something else as the source of all their issues.

What this effectively is is the fable The animals and the plague. It's always easier to blame a few unpopular people who can't defend themselves than to admit that the problem is not what they were complaining about, but themselves.

http://read.gov/aesop/130.html

Once upon a time a severe plague raged among the animals. Many died, and those who lived were so ill, that they cared for neither food nor drink, and dragged themselves about listlessly. No longer could a fat young hen tempt Master Fox to dinner, nor a tender lamb rouse greedy Sir Wolf's appetite.

At last the Lion decided to call a council. When all the animals were gathered together he arose and said:

"Dear friends, I believe the gods have sent this plague upon us as a punishment for our sins. Therefore, the most guilty one of us must be offered in sacrifice. Perhaps we may thus obtain forgiveness and cure for all.

"I will confess all my sins first. I admit that I have been very greedy and have devoured many sheep. They had done me no harm. I have eaten goats and bulls and stags. To tell the truth, I even ate up a shepherd now and then.

"Now, if I am the most guilty, I am ready to be sacrificed. But I think it best that each one confess his sins as I have done. Then we can decide in all justice who is the most guilty."

"Your majesty," said the Fox, "you are too good. Can it be a crime to eat sheep, such stupid mutton heads? No, no, your majesty. You have done them great honor by eating them up.

"And so far as shepherds are concerned, we all know they belong to that puny race that pretends to be our masters."

All the animals applauded the Fox loudly. Then, though the Tiger, the Bear, the Wolf, and all the savage beasts recited the most wicked deeds, all were excused and made to appear very saint-like and innocent.

It was now the Ass's turn to confess.

"I remember," he said guiltily, "that one day as I was passing a field belonging to some priests, I was so tempted by the tender grass and my hunger, that I could not resist nibbling a bit of it. I had no right to do it, I admit—"

A great uproar among the beasts interrupted him. Here was the culprit who had brought misfortune on all of them! What a horrible crime it was to eat grass that belonged to someone else! It was enough to hang anyone for, much more an Ass.

Immediately they all fell upon him, the Wolf in the lead, and soon had made an end to him, sacrificing him to the gods then and there, and without the formality of an altar.

The weak are made to suffer for the misdeeds of the powerful.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom