Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dark Sun: Shattered Lands is fucking great

Fluent

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
i have a question if u don't mind. are both dark sun games equally very good? i would like to play them sometime, because the lore of the dark sun world is just phenomenal to me. okay, thanks in advance! <3

Ladonna

Arcane
No. The second game is decline and full of bugs. Only play it if you are desperate for more computer dark sun.

Fluent

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
No. The second game is decline and full of bugs. Only play it if you are desperate for more computer dark sun.

hey, thanks for the information! interesting. in any event, shattered lands is on my "must play" list, just loved everything i've read/heard/seen about it so far. thanks again. :) <3

Cael

Arcane
I never had any problems with Wake of the Ravager. Even completed it a few times. No bugs detected. I liked it far better than Shattered Lands.

Shattered Lands had a lot of crashes, though, not the least of which was the starting arena.

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
By the way, chars from the endgame:

02rDqonAob8.jpg

I REGRET NOTHING

Cael

Arcane
El's Drinker is broken as hell. I had a Gladiator who was dual-wielding the two of them in Wake, and he was practically immortal.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
The first dark sun is not hard, except by final battle which took a few tries for me to beat. The second in other hands, the game becomes relative hard on the pyramids, where you need to face a small army of defilers and powerful traps and honestly the underdark area of the second is harder than the final battle of the first.

mkultra

Augur
Played the first one for a bit again. I was surprised how decent the UI is, it's otherwise usually what makes me what to quit old games in 2 minutes.

The graphics also still kind of works, you get the retro pixel art vibe (...very hip nowadays ;) ), which i do prefer by a mile to old 3D graphics for example.

The universe is really cool, wish they would do a modern version.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
, wish they would do a modern version.

Really???

b8S9iFx.png

Looking into Preservers VS Defilers on drivethrurpg

"We (Wizards) recognize that some of the legacy content available on this website does not reflect the values of the Dungeons & Dragons franchise today. Some older content may reflect ethnic, racial, and gender prejudice that were commonplace in American society at that time. These depictions were wrong then and are wrong today. This content is presented as it was originally created, because to do otherwise would be the same as claiming these prejudices never existed. Dungeons & Dragons teaches that diversity is a strength, and we strive to make our D&D products as welcoming and inclusive as possible. This part of our work will never end" source : https://www.drivethrurpg.com/produc...s-The-Wizards-of-Athas-2e?filters=0_0_100_0_0

And who would do a modern version of Dark Sun games?

• Beamdog? The makers of Siege of Dragonspear?
  • Larian? The company who can't even make firebolt work?
  • BioWare? which would turn it into a "live service" Anthem style fiasco?
  • Any studio owned by THQ Nordic? The same guys who are making the AWFUL remake for g1?
  • Bugthesta, transforming it into skyrim on the desert?
  • Obsidian, now owned by M$?

mkultra

Augur
Wouldn't mind a Bethesda version actually. Because mods..
And yes everything is sexist and racist and everyone who doesn't like The Last Jedi is Hitler. Not news to anyone.

can't wait for the G1 remake btw... demo was done in a few months, pretty good.. so yeah THQ could do something perhaps.

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron

Really???

b8S9iFx.png

"We (Wizards) recognize that some of the legacy content available on this website does not reflect the values of the Dungeons & Dragons franchise today. Some older content may reflect ethnic, racial, and gender prejudice that were commonplace in American society at that time. These depictions were wrong then and are wrong today. This content is presented as it was originally created, because to do otherwise would be the same as claiming these prejudices never existed. Dungeons & Dragons teaches that diversity is a strength, and we strive to make our D&D products as welcoming and inclusive as possible. This part of our work will never end" source : https://www.drivethrurpg.com/produc...s-The-Wizards-of-Athas-2e?filters=0_0_100_0_0

• Any studio owned by THQ Nordic? The same guys who are making the AWFUL remake for g1?
Supergiant Games as their first turnbased. Edit - third turnbased, omg they've done so much already. 2nd Edit, did you know, Cartman mode on, citing: "Fuck your fucking face uncle fucker, Obsidian made the South Park: Stick of Truth game." Cartman mode off.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer

Really???

b8S9iFx.png

Lol at wizards/drivethru. No wonder I don't play pnp tabletop anymore. Woke fuckers. What was so sexist? A bit of boobs from 80-90s-early y2k? That's right... now we need fat dike lesbians and tranazons. Sandbox it you "woke" fucks.

I've been following the discord on bringing Crimson Sands yo light in the modern day. Fascinating stuff.

mkultra

Augur
it's these companies who are the racists since they e.g can say orcs can be mistaken for black people and that's "problematic". why would they do the comparison in the first place unless you draw some racist conclusions..
can't wait for 2025 RPG's where you can't have negative traits, where you can't have a specific gender or race, and it's all these companies we used to love who's pushing the agenda, making sure they ruin the genre as a whole, just like the comic industry, just like the movie industry.. then they can complain "no one is buying!! HOW is this POSSIBLE?" stupid fucks.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom