Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Shit bro. That looks really cool.
>I had no problem on KotC1
You haven't experienced Augury of Chaos yet!

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
You haven't experienced Augury of Chaos yet!

When Pierre launches, I will play it. Is truth that Archmage difficulty makes even BG2 + tactics mod on 'max difficulty' fell a cakewalk?

reminder that bg3 will be the ultimate computer roleplaying game experience and therefore there will be no need to create more RPGs after it is released

Solasta is much better as a low level D&D 5e.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
Do people really deserve to enjoy a game if they don't earn it? It's not a right. A company needs to make money, and that's the only reason they're allowed to participate with their brain dead takes and decline tendencies.

Cael

Arcane
This is a good TB game + hard encounter

This is a bad TB game with larian barrel BS.
Did... did the RED dragon just die to FIRE??? Or rather just disappeared in a puff of smoke? What kind of shit graphics is that???

Last edited by a moderator:

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Did... did the RED dragon just die to FIRE??? Or rather just disappeared in a puff of smoke? What kind of shit graphics is that???

Yep. A lv 4 party can use barrelmancy to deal enough fire damage to kill a adult red dragon...

Last edited by a moderator:

hell bovine

Arcane
And yet here you are, complaining about Melissan being too difficult:

Yep. Sorry for commiting the ultimate heresy of not beating a game in the hardest difficulty first time with a suboptimal build, having troubles and having to reload to fight her with potions and scrolls. I was without healing items, without scrolls and suboptimal stats, unable to fully explore wish spell. Now I can beat her solo with no problem. Anyway, check this video.

I don't care about your videos. Your shtick is the same; you don't know how to play a mage in the game, it must be the game's fault. You don't know how to play a sorcerer, so ToB bosses are too unfair, have special abilities, and so on. Rinse and repeat, now you don't know how to play a mage in BG3, it must be the games fault. It must be the dreaded hit points bloat.

hell bovine

Arcane
It's EA, and this is patched out now. Dragon is for now unkillable and level 17, though considering it now has a proper level, it might be back to being killable but with proper stats later. But in general they keep changing enemies, though funny enough they usually don't mention it in the patch notes. Bulette got an upgrade recently and people are already complaining.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Your shtick is the same; you don't know how to play a mage in the game, it must be the game's fault. You don't know how to play a sorcerer, so ToB bosses are too unfair, have special abilities, and so on. Rinse and repeat, now you don't know how to play a mage in BG3, it must be the games fault. It must be the dreaded hit points bloat.

How many times do I need to write that I never said that BG3 is hard, is just that is boring due hp bloat? Do I need to draw it, so you can understand? And I din't played BG3 as a Wizard, I picked Warlock with Fiend pact. And I have the rarest achievement for BG2:EE and did it soloing the game.

LUNr40K.png

Also, I din't said that is the game's fault. I just din't liked bosses on ToB cuz I found then too gimmicky and operating under different rules that goes against the core D&D rules. But yeap. Apparently, not liking something = being bad at it and being bad at it = opinion invalid. Nice logic. None of my party members died on BG3 once. Same with Solasta. But Solasta was fun. BG3 is a shore. IS that hard to understand? Do I need to draw for you? That I never said that BG3 is hard, only that is boring?

Can your mind comprehend the difference between "hard" and "boring"? Do I need to put the dictionary definition?

Dragon is for now unkillable and level 17, though considering it now has a proper level, it might be back to being killable but with proper stats later

That is BS. Instead of fix the "barrelmancy" BS, they make a enemy which makes larian BS more parent, they just made it immortal.

Last edited:

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
nd I have the rarest achievement for BG2:EE and did it soloing the game.
Steam achievements are the harbinger of decline in the quality of games, but this explains your spam posting, certainly.

Nope. It was Blizzard on 00s and now it is Larian.

He tries really hard to sell BG3 to me.

You will have to play with a caster on your party. That is probably enough reason for you to not play it.
  • Astarion = Rogue (but he is an high elf which you hate)
  • Shadowheart = Cleric (also high elf)
  • Gale = Wizard, that somehow has a Netherese artifact and is a mere low level character.
  • Lae'Zel = Fighter (Githyanki race)
  • Wyll = Warlock(human)
You can make a full caster party but not a full martial party...

Reinhardt

Arcane
You will have to play with a caster on your party.
I have no problems with casters in my party.
And you listed wrong reasons why i don't want to recruit them. Astarion is vampire fag, for example. For you it's enough reasons to recruit him, for me - to kill him during first meeting.

Harthwain

Magister
You will have to play with a caster on your party. That is probably enough reason for you to not play it.
  • Astarion = Rogue (but he is an high elf which you hate)
  • Shadowheart = Cleric (also high elf)
  • Gale = Wizard, that somehow has a Netherese artifact and is a mere low level character.
  • Lae'Zel = Fighter (Githyanki race)
  • Wyll = Warlock(human)
You can make a full caster party but not a full martial party...
From Community Update #8 - Character Creation, Q&A section:

Will the respec option be a one time thing or will it follow us through the game? Can we respec classes and races?

We’re still trying out different ways of introducing respec so you’ll need to have a bit of patience before we’ll answer that question.
This sounds like it will be possible to respec. I strongly doubt about being able to completely change companion's races. Changing their visual appearance could be a possibility though.

hell bovine

Arcane
nd I have the rarest achievement for BG2:EE and did it soloing the game.
Steam achievements are the harbinger of decline in the quality of games, but this explains your spam posting, certainly.

Nope. It was Blizzard on 00s and now it is Larian.
Nah, you even showcase it yourself. The LoB mode didn't add anything of value to BG2; it doesn't improve the enemy ai or change trash mobs into more interesting encounters; it is simply stat bloat which, ironically, includes a large hit point bloat. Yet because steam magically tagged it with a "rare achievement", you think it's worth something. You're steam's perfect customer.

Lambach

Arcane
To be fair to Victor, casters really are the life of the party in all D&D cRPGs (and others, when applicable) for me. Can't imagine playing a no-caster or low-caster party, not strictly because of their power, but because the gameplay would be pretty boring without them. It's why I often fail my Willpower roll when I want to replay Temple of Elemental Evil. It takes a while to level up to the point where your casters won't be relegated to just casting Sleep or Grease over and over again.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Play japanese wizardries and roll bunch of samurai. Best from both worlds. Magic pew pew for pew pew needs and raping rows of enemies in melee.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom