Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Avatar Gallery Submission Thread

Do you care about custom avatars?

• Yes, and I want something done about it.

Votes: 314 54.5%
  • No, just leave it the way it is.

Votes: 262 45.5%

• Total voters

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
Cho-Aniki.png
Cho-Aniki8.png
Cho-Aniki2.png
Cho-Aniki3.png
Cho-Aniki4.png
Cho-Aniki5.png
Cho-Aniki6.png
Cho-Aniki7.png
Cho-Aniki9.gif
Cho-Aniki10.gif
Cho-Aniki11.png
Cho-Aniki12.png
Cho-Aniki-Pecs.gif

https://easyupload.io/m5u1bh

Infinitron

Some of those are 150 px in height, but they should work in theory. Otherwise page Bad Sector on how he has such an avatar.
Gayest avatar collection possible

jackofshadows

Magister
Speaking of which, I hope one day some kind soul will post variation of Bastard Bonds avatars. I have no idea how to rip art from it or even sprite work. Not that I'm not too lazy for that in the first place.

Semiurge

Cipher
Explain why they had to be resized?
Of all the things that Infinitron does wrong you start picking on the one of the few that actually makes sense

Bad Sector has an avatar image that's 80 x 125 px in the user popup, but in the avatar field of posts it becomes 96 x 150 px, which apparently are the dimensions of that area and the maximum size of avatar images there. The real size of the image is the former, 80 x 125 px. I've seen this sort of thing with the Nethack avatars, they are stretched slightly in the post fields. Why must this be when there also seem to be avatars that exhibit no such behaviour? Care to shed some light on this Taluntain ?

The Red Knight

Erudite
Maybe it's a trick to save disk space on our server.
Can the avatar gallery be made so it doesn't automatically open the first gallery on the list? It sometimes refuses to start loading avatars from other galleries before the current one finishes slowly loading. The lazy, nonintrusive way would be to add an empty (or single image) gallery with some symbol for the title that would place it at the beginning of the list, maybe?

96 x 150 px, which apparently are the dimensions of that area and the maximum size of avatar images there. The real size of the image is the former, 80 x 125 px. I've seen this sort of thing with the Nethack avatars, they are stretched slightly in the post fields. Why must this be when there also seem to be avatars that exhibit no such behaviour?
The html defines the size as 192x192, for all avatars. So it tries to resize them to that except the style interferes and tells the browser to make it no larger than 96x150.

If you remove the size from html then it stops the upscaling for images that are smaller than that, and if you instead remove the height/width restrictions from the style then all avatars get resized to to 192x192. With the current behavior, the aspect ratio sometimes gets preserved, sometimes doesn't, depending on what horizontal/vertical image is used.

Adding "width: auto" to the already-present "height: auto" appears to solve the issue (pictures smaller than 96px in width getting upscaled), but I have no idea if it breaks anything else.

_________

https://xenforo.com/community/threa...er-a-positive-whole-number.18008/#post-653356
thinking.png

Semiurge

Cipher
Maybe it's a trick to save disk space on our server.
Can the avatar gallery be made so it doesn't automatically open the first gallery on the list? It sometimes refuses to start loading avatars from other galleries before the current one finishes slowly loading. The lazy, nonintrusive way would be to add an empty (or single image) gallery with some symbol for the title that would place it at the beginning of the list, maybe?

96 x 150 px, which apparently are the dimensions of that area and the maximum size of avatar images there. The real size of the image is the former, 80 x 125 px. I've seen this sort of thing with the Nethack avatars, they are stretched slightly in the post fields. Why must this be when there also seem to be avatars that exhibit no such behaviour?
The html defines the size as 192x192, for all avatars. So it tries to resize them to that except the style interferes and tells the browser to make it no larger than 96x150.

If you remove the size from html then it stops the upscaling for images that are smaller than that, and if you instead remove the height/width restrictions from the style then all avatars get resized to to 192x192. With the current behavior, the aspect ratio sometimes gets preserved, sometimes doesn't, depending on what horizontal/vertical image is used.

Adding "width: auto" to the already-present "height: auto" appears to solve the issue (pictures smaller than 96px in width getting upscaled), but I have no idea if it breaks anything else.

_________

https://xenforo.com/community/threa...er-a-positive-whole-number.18008/#post-653356
thinking.png

You should be in charge of adding avatars.

catfood

AGAIN

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I updated all the Neverwinter Nights portraits (they were JPGs, ugh). Also added galleries for Pirates of the Sword Coast, and the new Darkness Over Daggerford and Tyrants of the Moonsea modules.

TBH I should have cropped these to be square-shaped but I think I've done enough work for today.

I used my face detection script to automatically crop some of the Neverwinter Nights portraits. If you had a favorite portrait that didn't look good, try again.

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Rather than continue with this hodgepodge, I just extracted all the Underrail portraits from the game files myself using xnbcli. Shame I don't have the expansion.

Unfortunately I can't extract the Disco Elysium Final Cut portraits until Asset Studio is updated for the latest version of Unity.

SumDrunkGuy

Is there any way we can revisit this one? It's my dream avatar. Don't get me wrong I love Jill but Stormfront is so much more matter-of-fact and spooky and kind hearted. She is my ultimate avatar goal. May I have plz?

Last I remember, your current waifu was your "dream" avatar.

No, I chose Jill because we're only allowed fucking video game avatars. I chose the best one of the dumpster fire imo. If we weren't restricted to degeneracy I would be wearing a sexy Aya Cash Stormfront avatar.

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
IIRC they added a portrait pack which was previously sold separately (not a big seller I expect).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom