Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Codex Bloodbowl League

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
two fouls produce nothing but stuns, four kos (including 2 from surfs) and almost all get up by half time

borealesad.jpg

Harthwain

Magister
First of all - it appears bionicman and I share the same time zone after all. This should make it easier to schedule games in the future.

In short? It was a strange game.

1 injury. Almost no KOs, all came back. In a game with peasants I expected to be outnumbered by the end of the first half. Made some mistakes by thinking I can outbrawl some of my players to bolster my defense, which ended up costing me the first half, because I wasn't able to secure the ball adequately and Humans scored on their last turn. The second half started badly for me (more than a half of my team got stunned. Did I mention how I loathe Pitch Invasion?), but somehow I managed to maintain my hold on the ball. Sadly, I lost too much time waiting for an opening and I was 1 turn too far from scoring. Oh, and the Ogre managed to succeed all his stupidity rolls. Smart guy. Noticed only one snake eye during the whole game too.
Still, it was very interesting match overall.

two fouls produce nothing but stuns, four kos (including 2 from surfs) and almost all get up by half time
Yeah. Most of the time my guys weren't in a position to foul and the one time I wanted to do gang foul I rolled double skulls on a Blocker on the last block (thankfully I got an injury on a Catcher with my Blitzer, so it wasn't a complete waste). Sad part is that some peasant managed to steal the MVP from the brave knights.

Well played, Harthwain, and I forgot to mention: thanks for joining us and making this competition stay on its feet.
No problem. It's nice to play with people for a change and in a format that isn't completely random, so you can think your skills through.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Yeah. Most of the time my guys weren't in a position to foul and the one time I wanted to do gang foul I rolled double skulls on a Blocker on the last block (thankfully I got an injury on a Catcher with my Blitzer, so it wasn't a complete waste). Sad part is that some peasant managed to steal the MVP from the brave knights.

I was referring to my game vs Zanzoken :M

Some funny pix with statistics that should say tons about what this match looked like:

202104162013341.jpg

202104162013281.jpg

202104162013051.jpg

202104162013081.jpg

202104162013161.jpg

202104162013181.jpg

Zanzoken got nuffled hard. He rolled dubskulls on basically all of his important rolls, and there's no going back from that when you play elves. GG men, too bad it was so one-sided.

Self-Ejected

TheDiceMustRoll

Game Analist
this game sounds great. Is it close to the tabletop version or is the video game kind of its own thing?

Can you be a Skaven? I like the skaven. I've even started painting my own shitty miniatures poorly.

vazha

Arcane
Could you gentlemen at least post some replays here since apparently no one's old skool enough to play with me in fumbbl?
You want replay files or names of the teams/coaches for Cabal TV search?

By the way, I activated our league on Goblin Spy, which should make viewing the overall state of the league much easier (it still needs to collect data, since it was activated just now, so it's empty for the moment).

For future use: click at this link and type "Codex" in the search bar and it will show the league. Or just go alphabetically on th main list.
When i click on replays, it just says "download of replay has been requested" and then nothing happens at all.

Harthwain

Magister
When i click on replays, it just says "download of replay has been requested" and then nothing happens at all.
I could give you the replay file, but apparently Codex doesn't have the option to do that? Or am I missing something? Could you link where you are clicking for replays? I could try to upload it there.

bionicman

Liturgist
this game sounds great. Is it close to the tabletop version or is the video game kind of its own thing?

Can you be a Skaven? I like the skaven. I've even started painting my own shitty miniatures poorly.

Yeah basically a 1:1 video game recreation of the tabletop (although I've never played tabletop, so don't quote me on it). Yes, there are skaven and they're pretty good in the game.

I could give you the replay file, but apparently Codex doesn't have the option to do that? Or am I missing something? Could you link where you are clicking for replays? I could try to upload it there.

vazha doesn't have bb2, he only plays on fumbbl, not sure if he can somehow read the replays without the game client

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth

I think you need to be a patron to upload files to the codex

Zanzoken

Arcane
I wouldn't pay full price for BB2 at this point. It'll be 75% off in the Steam summer sale which should hit sometime in June. Then BB3 comes out just a couple months later, although personally I won't be looking to switch over immediately due to the limited team availability / DLC bullshit. Idk where others stand on that though.

If you want vazha I will play a few matches with you on FUMBBL because I could certainly use the practice. Fair warning though, it might take me a minute to learn the FUMBBL client and I'm also pretty awful at the game. :D

Harthwain

Magister
https://store.steampowered.com/app/236690/Blood_Bowl_2/

So if I am guessing right, I do have pay 15 USD for base game and then about 11 USD for the Blood Bowl 2 - Team Pack, right? Or can I buy just the team pack and base game is included in there? Kinda steep paying 25 USD for a few matches.
You don't need to pay for any DLC content to be able to watch all matches, the base game will suffice for that. The reason to buy the other teams it to play as them (the base game features Dwarfs, Skaven, High Elves, Dark Elves, Bretonnians, Chaos, Humans and Orcs).

Also, you can buy Blood Bowl 2 - Legendary Edition, instead of buying Blood Bowl 2 (the base version). The base version alone costs 18 euro. The Legendary Edition costs 22 euro and has all the teams/DLCs. The only reason to buy Team Pack is, if I am not mistaken, when you already own Blood Bowl 2 (and even then it's kind of a shitty deal).

Then BB3 comes out just a couple months later, although personally I won't be looking to switch over immediately due to the limited team availability / DLC bullshit. Idk where others stand on that though.
It depends. I need to see the changes in action and what teams will be in the base version. So while I will not be pre-ordering, I might buy it later.

Last edited:

vazha

Arcane
I wouldn't pay full price for BB2 at this point. It'll be 75% off in the Steam summer sale which should hit sometime in June. Then BB3 comes out just a couple months later, although personally I won't be looking to switch over immediately due to the limited team availability / DLC bullshit. Idk where others stand on that though.

If you want vazha I will play a few matches with you on FUMBBL because I could certainly use the practice. Fair warning though, it might take me a minute to learn the FUMBBL client and I'm also pretty awful at the game. :D
No worries mate, I'll wait till the discount and the join the BB2 action here. Just went to Fumbbl out of nostalgy, remembered all the rage-quitting because I am a shamefur pixelhugger and left again promptly not to be tempted ))

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Orks booed off the field after another timid performance, coach commits ritual sudoku in dressing room for disgracing the good name of DA BOYZ

cows are scary

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Re: the price issue, I'm not saying I got the game off a key reseller for 4 bucks, but I am saying it is something that is possible to do if you're stingy.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Well played by boot though I think you perhaps waited a bit too long with the wizard.

I'm pretty upset about the lack of cases though. I broke armor 18 times and not a single cas.

But my blitzer got +1agi, so I can't be *too* upset.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom