Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 2 - Pacifist

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
A pacifist playthrough of Fallout 2. Many has been done before but I will try my own as well. Why? Because why not?

Part I: Arroyo

-k7CJVqS6Ok.jpg

To explain chargen a little:

Low STR - didn't dumped all the way down, I would need to carry some stuff around
Max PER - for highest sequence and favorable placement in random encounters (further, RE)
Low END - I will need some as well so not to be completely squishy
Low CHA - I wouldn't hire any followers, lol, but some CHA is useful for derived skills
Max INT - for skillpoints, obviously
High AG - for movement: stealth combat-mode trick and escaping in combat mode
Low LUCK - dumping it all the way has some negative consequences

Traits:

Kamikaze - to have even more Sequence; now my char has more Sequence than 99% NPCs in the game. AC? I don't need it
Good Natured - because I don't need any combat skills and can sacrifice them

Skills:

Sneaking - the main tool of trade for this character
Speech - second main tool of trade
Steal - for various useful stuff lifted from other people pockets

aE_4pg9BkG0.jpg

69% stealth, ants are almost completely blind, they see me only two-three hexes in front. Scorpos are littler more aware, but there's no reason to engage them at all unless you want some sport.

YZflXTJkcPM.jpg

Yes, disarming all the traps since it 25XP per one and I won't get any XP from combat

lvAp6BUVYFM.jpg

I can loot most of the dungeon regardless of the fact that loot is trash and is completely optional. Just for sport

Overall, the Temple of Trials is boring as usual, but far more quicker since you don't have to fight local wildlife. Stole the key from the guard and I'm out. Level up!

yAyfMI_jiak.jpg

5 point in Outdoorsman, 10 both in Stealth and Steal

FO02_NPC_Hakunin_N.png

And then, Arroyo proper. Hakunin will have to deal with his garden himself; sorry, old man, but I don't posses the capabilities to help you. But I can rescue dog from the Hunting Ground.

gVrYhDGoJN0.jpg

Only one Gecko in the entire area is hostile and he is somewhere in the south; rest are neutral. Don't even have to stealth around.

3vP8fR98IYo.jpg

Doggo was hit by toxic goo, but there's nothing that we can't fix. For XP, of course and doggo is saved.

essEN6TqXic.jpg

Stole flint to get myself Sharpened Spear, but this quest yields no XP gain. Same with combat training - no XP gain, just skillpoints.

And that is basically everything that could be done in Arroyo, lest I'll steal everything available; I won't, it's trash. On a bright side, Arroyo was always boring and no combat butterflies most of the time spent here, especially in the ToT.

7yvbgqIx7LA.jpg

On the way to Klamath I have my first RE and here I will show you how I will handle them. Outdoorsman is working, but I will go in just for little presentation.

W9B0OfDMQP8.jpg

Since it's ambush, my sequence doesn't mean shit and one of the enemies gets the first turn. It's green gecko now since he have the highest sequence of all hostile NPCs available; originally standing near the corpse he moved toward me. Due to high PER I spawned far away from the group and away from gecko's reach.

kwXS7oWJNgg.jpg

I enable stealth, move away and end combat. Now I'm free to go. Kinda trickier with NPCs possessing ranged weapons since they still can hit me, but we will see.

Klamath is next.

Last edited:

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
Part II: Klamath

XAMkUU_xGLQ.jpg

First thing to do is to sell some loot. I don't need that stuff around and some change will come in handy.

0xE0HUCIZ0g.jpg

First quest in Klamath proper. I wasn't able to get a raise and I disremember: if there's a barter or speech check or that reply is just for flavor.

2Wu-y_Ij1t8.jpg

It's a pure stealth job once again. There's plenty of space to evade geckos and it a free fifty bucks alright.

yUyQbMpVaag.jpg

Now, something more interesting - rescuing Smiley from whatever trouble he found himself in. But before that, some preparation.

hiXdoz_wOmg.jpg

I buy a round of piss for everyone in the bar. I'm a wealthy tribal!

zpQqHC_RsIc.jpg

And then I buy myself a leather jacket. Purely for style.

118ce47323f29b0457ee0d1f7b4c2fe4.png

Yeah, style!

AlgGps3RUJQ.jpg

This kid possesses Outdoorsman book. He can't read so he doesn't need it.

Zv138FFFmQo.jpg

Picking the door to the closed section of Trapper Town. Rat King is going to live, but I need Rubber Boots for my little expedition.

bcpA4g5mFag.jpg

There's two pair of boots, actually, in case one of them is going to melt.

3MckJbRwRY4.jpg

Also, checking the loot these guys have. Nothing valuable, but I'll pick ammo for later reselling.

bLr7mSqbis0.jpg

In caves, you instantly greeted by one small Gecko, combat starts...

FxWb88bsZ_8.jpg

... and ends. Those guys are very forgetful.

LP1apjSMvM4.jpg

As you can see, my guy is almost invisible. I forgot to put on boots and got hit, but I don't mind - free XP from First Aid.

4oE8H7Z2m-w.jpg

I almost there. Golden Geckos are little more perceptible, but combat mode trick does its job. The annoying part is when they are obscured by the walls and you can't do a jack shit to spot them.

1susjLSSgnE.jpg

Hi, Smiley.

60-cM9BwDNs.jpg

The curious thing is that Smiley doesn't aggro the Geckos - only PC can do that. So as long as they don't see you, they don't mind Smiley waltzing around. Although, if combat starts and Smiley decides to pound some reptiles, you're fucked - he won't stop unless the Gecko is dead. Or he is dead. So avoid detection at all costs.

Nq67Zswjqyc.jpg

And we're done. Toxic Caves finished at lvl 2. As a reward, Sulik is now free, but it seems that he will stay in Klamath.

Q_XO-ODlk7g.jpg

Second RE in this run and Outdoorsman does it job.

9TKp-tU17cY.jpg

Some more trading. One little quest I almost forgot...

9mfSvtTYgfM.jpg

Notice that Torr and Scorpo completely ignore each other.

2nHUU-LI-90.jpg

-D7mm8_lmEI.jpg

Sadly, I can't help Torr due to nature of my run and can't help Danton brothers due to too high reputation in Klamath. Should have done that before rescuing Smiley. Well, one mistake, nor critical at all.

53-cVOIHzNE.jpg

And what about some fun before leaving this fine city? I have nothing left to do here.

cCNRD3O7WsA.jpg

Gimme the best one! I have nowhere to spend my money! :takemymoney:

XemMQSJ_D0U.jpg

Damn, first city and already a triple one! Fallout 2 surely doesn't hold back. Although that Gerda does sound suspicious... :codexisforindividualswithgenderidentityissues:

aHRx8X3hnFE.jpg

Oops. Seems that our PC is a fast one. Too fast, even. But on a bright note, I don't see Gerda around!

0d0LmcPRJ-U.jpg

After that I was almost at lvl 3 - missing some laughable 12 XP. It's easily fixable with some stealing and now a level up and first perk! Perks at lvl 3 are trash, so I'll pick the one that helps my most needed skills.

rLxqjx_jc0A.jpg

Five more in Outdoorsman, more in Stealth and Steal, and some into Speech. I haven't used it once for now, though. Zero frags as well.

So, next is Den and Den is much more dangerous place.

Last edited:

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
Part III: Den

4rCX-8KvrjU.jpg

Den - a good place to own a gun, according to the game's description. In fact, you can safely walk around completely unarmed, since there is no trash mobs of low-level infinitely respawning thugs (hi, Lower Sigil) and all but one quest requires no violence from the player - well, that one quest could be finished without direct violence as well, but more on that later. We will start from Becky and her fetch quests

RYjU6C3blB0.jpg

Here, you can buy girl a bottle of Bepis and listen to the story about the Master - with 350 XP as reward. Set-up which will become a staple of PST little bit later

Updated my journal

g1nTPr56_aU.jpg

First quest is to collect money for Becky from some miserable junkie. He looks like any other junkie, but his description gives him up - instead of "reliant", he's a respectable "citizen of the Den"

IBSZ_DpmUhs.jpg

I agreed to take only 100 out of 200 for hist debt and loan him 50 more. In any other situation this would be a waste of money, but in Fallout 2 it pays off

NjL-gxTLBBI.jpg

Next one is the one to find the book. Oh boy, I remember this quest from 2008, when I didn't have broadband Internet and played unpatched Fallout without SFALL of any kind. Finding this book was truly excruciating. Now, it's just SHIFT and here it is

VttAVdpYwzg.jpg

Hole, another bar with a quest related to Becky. This dialogue option will appear only after you have bought some whiskey from Becky hence PC asking about the prices. Good game design, information doesn't appear out of nowhere and quest comes logically from the previous course of action

h23DbNGRdS4.jpg

Also, not only whiskey, whores here are very expensive as well. 400 bucks! It was 180 in Klamath plus bath!

E2I0NLoo3ro.jpg

You can stand here all the day long, the guard will walk away only after you clicked on him several times

7rdMqwo8U1U.jpg

But after he does, the way is clear. Door is locked, though

HS2MBSRoT5s.jpg

He pays 500 bucks for destroying the still, but convincing him to buy booze from Becky yields 900 XP. Naturally, that's my choice. 1325 XP for that little quest, holy shit man

MpeAb3c2CyA.jpg

Finishing food and booze related business, the most important quest in the entire city: bring the man his meal. Nobody brings me my meals!

do25UMKCNMg.jpg

v8Y2ckpHwr4.jpg

Instead of walking all the way West to the screen transition, I walk a little bit South - to global map exit grid; there, I switch to mini-map and teleport myself to the West Side entrance. Less running around is better

ej2sv_V4q3E.jpg

Infamous "ghost quest". Since when tribals do know something about Stealth Boys?

IzBdQsDYogg.jpg

Dialogue option with Joey wouldn't appear unless you talked with Mom and again, this makes sense. The locket couldn't be stolen since Joey carries it in his hands, but he sells it for 50 bucks which could be stolen back

0Cz08_molGo.jpg

Once ghost is exorcised, we need to bury the bones. Ghost with bones, truly scary stuff. But who is it interned in this cemetery as well?

S7qHE-8h6eQ.jpg

Feargus Urquhart? My man! :slamdunk:

What's the joke about the list, though? Call Roguey, he should know

Ezwb4HE4NhA.jpg

In his grave, though, we find three rocks and some Jet. Rocks? Hmm. Usual ones, or Obsidian rocks, hehe.

OpwbGkiMp78.jpg

And this brings us to level up. Some more into Stealth, more into Speech, starting to warm up Repair and Science, and little bit into barter

3Khfv-BjiTo.jpg

Then I was ready to go with Lara quest. It can't be properly finished without filling the frag count, but I'll do as much as possible

d2d1XEtWEHM.jpg

500 XP for Speech check, 500 XP inside. If you don't have enough Speech, the option without any checks will appear later. Decline.

nR4R8iyMi8o.jpg

Then running to Metzger to ask for his permission. Then talking to this guy again. He won't reply until you click on him several times.

And that concludes this quest in this run. To explain and show why, I finish it but then reload because the outcome is undesirable

6tQgURj00ik.jpg

I locked the doors beforehand and now it's only one guy outside. To finish the quest he must be culled - by whom, though, is unimportant

npfPntOq_SI.jpg

He goes down taking one man from Lara's crew - tough motherfucker

-Eg7UaTclSg.jpg

For the entire fight I do absolutely nothing. But since Lara and her men considered my allies, I get 85 XP for slain Marc and one frag is in my fraglist

goAmBEB89rg.jpg

That's how Fallout engine works. Any kills made by NPCs enclosed in green canvas - your allies or followers - give XP and frags to you. So, reload

yw3ZhLig59g.jpg

It's so unusual to resolve Vic situation without violence. Usually, I kill them all - for XP and loot, of course, I'm not some kind of abolitionist

9DmrqwI4xOY.jpg

One motherfucking thousand! I short fifty bucks! I have enough loot, but I can't sell it since local traders are very short on hard currency

z29M8dVGelY.jpg

I managed to score some fifty bucks, but lol - this kid just froze in that animation. These kids not only annoying, but also glitchy; there are some glitches with killing them as well

mgCx96eLUUo.jpg

Vic is free and I'm broke with only six bucks in my pocket. XP reward for this quest is painfully unsatisfactory

Usually, I go to New Reno from that, but in this run I will go the usual way, to Vault City through Modoc

Last edited:

jackofshadows

Magister
I hope you aren't thinking about ditching a playthrough after starting such a thread, right? Coz that'd be gross and gay.

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
Part IV: The most boring town in the world, Modoc

PQS7GHoWlCo.jpg

The way to Modoc is littered with various REs. I still remember my 1 Luck Jinxed Run with low Outdoorsman where I was getting hostile REs in that area for several times in each square. It took dozens or more of culled "Highwaymen" and robbers to pass from one city to the other.

In this one, I got hit by 14 points and that hurts. Again, it doesn't matter how much Sequence you have, the one to start combat gets the first shot.

2BTveTZgxRY.jpg

But I step away and it's over. Don't listen to retards who say that Stealth is useless in Fallout.
Haven't used a single Stimpak yet. :smug:

v9xYdKsPg6o.jpg

Local trader and questgiver. He sells shit before you solve the problems of the town.

4o7Nt7MyPVE.jpg

But, coincidentally, he sells very much needed dynamite and rope.

E-EmUtgAxbY.jpg

Sometimes, game-writers did remember that PC is a tribal. Funny line anyway and you can insist on this "ritual"

XI4AlU1AUnY.jpg

I preemptively drop down the rope

qCnzMVIwqXo.jpg

I picked response that doesn't give me the dog - I don't need the dog running around with me.

KtGprIWJF0M.jpg

Down the well. Don't bother with these coins

zADrns8eEv4.jpg

I still like how many of these replies appear only after certain actions have been made

Zz6OSRsIWBA.jpg

5KG3psAFyWI.jpg

Here, PC is able to get some free pussy even with low CHA, but then old redneck barges in and becomes hostile with no option for dialogue. Sadly, I can escape but then the entire town becomes hostile. Thus, no free redneck pussy in Modoc

ekLuYot0lss.jpg

You can heal the brahmin with some Doctor skill (took ten clicks with 60% skill) for some XP and yet another temporary follower. Or sell her to slaughterhouse.

cGOj0c5kTyI.jpg

The best quest in the entire town

5rNORxQ_WkY.jpg

We will bomb the shitter

px71-NyH5fQ.jpg

And entire town is covered with shit. This never gets old

jwy1otaxgZU.jpg

This is more interesting. Rat is sitting right on the coveted clock, making impossible to stealth past.

0EAOqTwNJUM.jpg

I switch off stealth, rat starts the combat and runs towards me, I run to the side, switch stealth back and end combat. The way is clear.

Xi6GWgR9wEM.jpg

Done! Going back I use combat mode to pass through because rat has surprisingly high detection

rHwqw0RR8y8.jpg

And level up!

NXWUzf-TsJQ.jpg

Science, Repair and Outdoorsman. BTW, Outdoorsman 90 is the biggest value that anyone ever needs. Now, the main business in town.

xZKU9YqNL9M.jpg

What a sight! Want some of these in my yard

3O3s0M8rvaY.jpg

You can pass through the trap is you keep to the side, but there's nothing valuable here.

x4vF54XjTeE.jpg

Without excessive talking I just agree to the job. Also, these Slags have very good loot, mostly ammo, if one is in need of such and capable of pickpocket.

c4tui1xOgUI.jpg

And here's Johnny. If you pick up "candy" response, you will ruin the quest.

SIf-EJxlyHc.jpg

I deliver the message and instantly get two more jobs. Checking "corpses" is obvious, but don't forget to click on them when you are there or go back. Checking out Karl requires a long run back to Den - and not the last one in this playthrough.

oSBR7-5Wm0Y.jpg

Ask him about Geck and he will pass out, making you wait for him to get up. Only the last option does work for a quest.

NNxhRqQ43BQ.jpg

7 days left is rather stiff timelimit, considering the fact that I didn't loiter anywhere and moved straight to Den and back.

UG-lhuV3p20.jpg

Guns and XP for free, and two main quests in Modoc are tied into one

kISUX1hyYRk.jpg

For bringing Johnny boy back I get even more XP, free jacket and yet another level up

y54GO1cUfFE.jpg

I pick Silent Running because it's convenient, faster and I can switch game options to "always running". Double-click sometimes register two clicks for running when I don't want that and Shift sometimes doesn't register running when I want that.

kHF9cdsDsyA.jpg

More in Stealth, Science and Repair

qQpN1P5JeKc.jpg

New jacket. Or, "The Jacket"

The-Sopranos-GIF-downsized-14.gif

The jacket I took off Rocco DeMeo. Cocksucker had the toughest reputation in Essex County, but he never came back after I got through with him.

7GBgo55OLrg.jpg

With that done, I'm in Vault City - for the next part.

Last edited:

Archwizard Hank

Learned
I always figured this was possible to do in the game, but it's incredibly fascinating to see it practically executed. I know you said this has been done before, but fuck it, this is the first one I've seen

I really had no idea sneaking in the game was this broken (or just, usable in general,) if I'll be honest. I might have to start another run with a similar build when I'm not so tied up in more important shit. Keep it coming!

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
Part V: Vault City

lpdVv_hzs7c.jpg

I'm running very low on cash so I'm gonna rob this place blind - it's a rich city indeed; this bum carries only 5 bucks but some guys have up to one hundred and a couple of chaps have several hundred.

Funny fact: if you try to pickpocket someone from behind while sneaking and fail, combat doesn't start immediately - NPC is aggroed, but can't detect you yet.

cy-ZuO0z6TY.jpg

Some loot in locked containers. Also yes, I'm running around exclusively with stealth on now.

0Igmfl5-0HA.jpg

Ah, classic meta-game pixel hunting. The doll is really near, but good luck searching it without meta-knowledge - and item highlight.

vkUpXCXJw3M.jpg

Hmm. Nixon was USA pres from 69 to 74, and Fallout POD is somewhere in fifties... Inconsistent

PBnNS9eU_x0.jpg

But now I have a wrench. Wrench is a rarer item in the game and it's very convenient since Valerie wants it one screen away.

vdt6qXJKlfc.jpg

"You look upset"

You can choose to fuck her as a reward for rescuing her husband, but Bobby is a honorable man and wouldn't do such a thing

6YtgV1LFIjw.jpg

Damn, I completely forgot about Cat's Paw magazine related quest. Guess I have to look for some on my way back to Den.

lYt7obhfBk4.jpg

Doctor skillcheck - 100 XP, one Antiradin injection - 100 XP more. Doctor investment pays up greatly!

T4dgwFcxzGI.jpg

Repair skillcheck - 100 XP. That's quite low at this point in the game

S5qoQ-Nso4g.jpg

Guys needs a plow. Quest of extraordinary importance.

Also, classic example of "don't ask for reward" cliche: if asked for reward, guy gives you 100 bucks. If not, he gives D.Eagle which costs eight times more

IVEV_nbW4AQ.jpg

Barter skillcheck to save 200 bucks. No, you can't steal the money back.

P4midmCYcuc.jpg

But after doing so the guy's entire stock drops into his inventory and could be stolen. I'm not doing that since I'm close to the limit of my carry capacity

DIIlOvbysIs.jpg

Remember the main quest? It's the part of it in Vault City. All of it in Vault City.

qez7QGeHY3A.jpg

Barter skillcheck to save 50 bucks. I'm going to buy false papers because it's way more handy than using day pass: no frisking, no "get off before the dark" and quicker entrance. Just don't get caught.

b-zI3MsDWm4.jpg

Although day pass could be stolen for free right next door. Or obtained for free by showing your blue jumpsuit. Thanks, don't need it

PVw3I-v3PmY.jpg

Good ol' fetch quest. Very rarely I've finished it for I rarely had the patience to collect all that booze. Good occasion to do it this time.

Jz6m-2ww6DQ.jpg

Speech skillcheck to release the girl's husband for free. Bobby Bacala syndrome, very contagious. Makes you play with toy trains.

Also, this guy carries over almost 400 bucks.

e63Sx1H56Pw.jpg

The quest to travel the world map. Actually interesting idea to put some game systems to use.

But those fourth wall jokes feel kinda out of place.

vce_CYYVA0U.jpg

Second quest is to go to NCR. Better to do it when you have a car and I will have it soon. But remember that I didn't get engine upgrade in Klamath? Will have to go back there as well.

kW4WZl-dTVk.jpg

Shops in courtyard are trash. Two shops nearby in city itself also trash. This is the best shop in Vault City and it's locked behind Citizenship. Trying to use bogus papers is a good way to get caught.

TfjIrWCxZgg.jpg

Find toy in the courtyard. Give toy to the kid and get the wrench. Give wrench and pliers to Valerie. Get Repair Kit as a reward. Give Repair Kit to the guy in Gecko for fuel controller. Get fuel controller to Den. The easiest way to obtain the car spans across three entire cities.

Also lol, her father is Vic and she is Val. Her mother was what, Van or Viv?

-qED7jNE5ys.jpg

Master thief is going to plunder the Vault. Getting inside is easy if you get close and move in combat mode.

cY2qEbOySK4.jpg

Ha-ha. You can date the girl if you don't dump CHA. You can convince her to go outside for 300 XP.

BPLOEaMGnf8.jpg

:nocountryforshitposters:

Fourth wall again. But the best part...

hSMcrl04dlA.jpg

Donate you tribal semen for 500 XP.

S6-_lLjmd5Y.jpg

Not enough to pass Doctor skillcheck. Don't mind the difference in my cash amount, I did these parts at different time but kept the timeline here.

G_sixyvf1OM.jpg

Second level doors are too tight for my 58 SP in Lockpick; gotta level that up soon. The only thing to steal now is abundant water chips

6S-HctkZd1k.jpg

Of all computers in this level only this one serves a purpose and gives you some XP. I remember checking all of them long time ago...

GBD1UMirGGE.jpg

Diverging point in the game: four new locations marked on the map

2Ji3mdYb6s4.jpg

Can't pass the test due to low Luck. Well, would have to do it old-fashioned way through solving the Gecko problem. I pickpocketed Lynette - she carries Mentats for some reason.
I entered Vault City with less than fifty bucks and left it with more than 2500. Good town, will come back

But for now - to Gecko

Last edited:

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
Part VI: Gecko, My Chrysalis Highwayman and some unfinished business

9yBxws9OYJg.jpg

There's not much to do in Gecko. This guy plays Tragic: if you win, you get one deck, if you lose, you lose one deck. Each one costs fifty bucks. Not the best way to earn money

_iDNhkcyiS8.jpg

Harold gives you the name of that hydromagnetic thingy you need to fix the plant. One requisition form in the table nearby

bHNG8wk9KQg.jpg

This quest will bring us back to Den and I'm going there anyway to get the car. Convenient

8LzurdTMDNs.jpg

Some useful literature nearby and finally, lockpick kit

vEloVp7TLQs.jpg

Power optimization part already. Don't think that I need to get in contact with the cult, though

bZLJHyYd09E.jpg

This guy has all the access cards that I need. Is there other way of getting them apart from stealing? I don't know, I always steal them

aaLIaGUrCkM.jpg

I don't know why would I need a "3-step plasma transformator" but I'll pick that. I didn't pick that quest yet, this is what I mean. Sloppy scripting

4cXsAga5U-U.jpg

Much needed super-repair kit

y6vp7skSETc.jpg

I give him economic data before fixing the plant. Still get some XP and this is level-up. He provides me with the needed detail for the job

YvnmoV0AfV8.jpg

I already forgot what I've leveled up. Lockpick, Speech, maybe something else

M2Z7_PXETbM.jpg

I want to point up that if ghouls spot you sneaking around they will comment on that. No negative consequences, but pleasant little touch

n6tkQZ8wFiI.jpg

Ah, old simple times when Pluto was considered a planet. Not a bad puzzle anyway. You can go inside personally if you stuff up on Rad-X

i0WCqMI6xbE.jpg

And little chat with Enclave boyos

_hqZOllLszk.jpg

Got myself a fuel controller

jTqZLZhYeqY.jpg

And present plasma regulator despite him doesn't asking for it yet. Well, XP is XP anyway, though I don't have anything to upgrade

HO4d0pySaVU.jpg

I'm a legit citizen now! Effectively, the only change is that best shop in VC is now available to me. Time to get rid of bogus papers

aKD_B24Q7uM.jpg

I plant false papers on Lynette. Pure larping

3xYhVqIKx9c.jpg

How exactly this cunt became a first citizen?

zs_OQdi07A0.jpg

Also, it's time to pick up the suitcase for Bishop. Yeah, let's pass up valuable information to the first stranger, Mr. Big Brains. His luck that I want to fuck up NCR as much as possible

TTzPxVYMdLQ.jpg

This involves a lot of running around - from power plant to Vault and back. Well, now my lockpick is higher and I can finally check those treasures hidden in the Vault's storages

X0Dl3n4c7kQ.jpg

Here, I found a useful motion sensor. It's +20 to Outdoorsman when equipped and this means that I have effective 90 - I don't need more because its effectiveness is capped at 95

2vx8xdJgA-U.jpg

Unique RE. Not very useful, though

bmEYB0Bc8K8.jpg

Forum wars brought to Fallout engine. Good fan service?

kdB0la-FmYQ.jpg

Optimizing the plant I get yet another level up - all just for running around

FKUsKyFKBns.jpg

Keep pumping those secondary skills; I will need Speech of 130 much later. Now, it's time to go back West to finish some business

FvRKrWgSX_U.jpg

Nope! Pariah dog, very annoying beast and hard to get rid of. I will continue back to Klamath: during the way Outdoorsman did its job most of the time, one time it didn't, I was ambushed by robbers and hit for ~14 HP

cpn5nbjDbPs.jpg

Regular rats' detection is so low that they can't detect me at all - I can walk over them, it doesn't matter

bhj-mzUGdh4.jpg

Fuel economy is very important to me for I don't have enough money or loot to buy much more fuel

KSP-Mo6NnwQ.jpg

But I can spare some money for prestigious bathhouse! And try all the services there. Also, I pick up all the Cats' Paw magazines, all three

mHer9N3HgsY.jpg

And buy enough alcohol to close that fetch quest in VC. Now, to Den

rD4E7hwN1AY.jpg

For two grands the car is mine and even with fuel upgrade already installed

SV9tWqmZnmI.jpg

I can't steal the money back but I can trade them back. I can sell stimpaks since I don't need them

dGtAgH0px70.jpg

It was 200$ last time! Now it's literally free. Don't know what caused this, but I don't complain

0FwfEeOh5Qw.jpg

Woody is now free. How high the chances of him getting back to Gecko safely?

y2_kQeQoOdE.jpg

The trip from Den to VC cost me 31% fuel. Fuel is going to be my biggest money-sink from now on

i5G0blrlEyI.jpg

250 XP and some cash, was barely worth it

xA4E1faSyNs.jpg

Some meds which I barely need, Wasteland is surprisingly free of radiation. And so, Woody actually did come back, even faster than I did in the car. What's up with these ghouls?

Gu-vTGlXmwI.jpg

And thus, I'm done here. Now it's Redding and Broken Hills before I will be ready to enter New Reno in all its glory

Last edited:
Unwanted

Sweeper

Unwanted
Zionist Agent
Can you at least put the screenshots in spoilers?

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
Part VII: Broken Hills

gSrUmbgA0ew.jpg

People here are not accustomed to working cars

-0ZbqUeBtPM.jpg

There's a lot of talk on Codex about how games became extremely woke and pozzed in last ten or so years. No need for that - 1998, and we already have multi-kulti in full force. In traditional fashion, the guy will insult you if you disagree with him.

rbZF03VNePg.jpg

Shoveling the crap, prestigious work and pay is good too

1_2TUodBzcw.jpg

Very lazy map design - you can see boxes with trading inventory placed in inaccessible part of the map.

MxwFbJe0GuM.jpg

Here, script prevents me from going down - even in stealth, even if I close the door. But, anyway, all her trading inventory could be stolen from the northernmost table; I do that since I have a car now.

7Z6_eWwvK6U.jpg

Treasure hunter - he's lucky, I'm not going to send him down the well to die.

xw1jQ43PcT8.jpg

Not a single sincere response. "Politics of hatred" they call it. Surely, Supermutants are innocent and don't want to harm nobody.

FGG44ItlQWo.jpg

"Hatemonger". Pozz meter picking right now.

These guys are surely the victims of unjust oppression so I will help them to get away from the prison.

PQRuLLWdo9A.jpg

I don't like the power disposition in this city a single bit so I will help the oppressed.

onGmSbq-WyM.jpg

But it doesn't mean that I wouldn't rob everyone blind here

l04YhuFDP1Q.jpg

Cool place. Nothing to do here.

9g5EdF8MCyg.jpg

Sheriff is Supermutant, all guards in the prison are Supermutants as well; over-representation, isn't it?

iR5W03KQjaw.jpg

Life in Wasteland is harsh: here, this guy doesn't have enough energy for his air-conditioning.

9x-1KcruCcw.jpg

But I help him and reward is 1000 XP for one skillcheck.

Lc6hRPF53yQ.jpg

Guy's wife has disappeared. Surely, nothing bad could have happened to her in such a peaceful place? I'll look into it later.

Z4HUZ9-4p0c.jpg

Talking plants. Because why not?

mNZfvmJRPRw.jpg

And plants that play chess. Because why not?

7uPCUI9CRJc.jpg

Broken Hills has a lot of sexual related stuff. Aside from being gimped by Supermutant - which I wouldn't do - there are some guys who need to get off.

CRWUF_oxcNA.jpg

I give him sex-doll; the model is "Tandi"

44wuxmk_kMI.jpg

Then, a bottle of booze and I rewarded with 2000 XP. I'm not sending little fella down the well as I already said.

2JVZRquiXZM.jpg

I lost the agility test, but won two others.

qPFlo6ogXSk.jpg

I can fix the purifier - money are always needed. This calls for a little trip to New Reno

toNroXWHHPo.jpg

While I'm in city, the time for the most important business.

IP9iHhREz4A.jpg

This is standard menu.

SZCtFDIIMdE.jpg

This one is special request. Costs 703 bucks. Was MCA the one who wrote this?

KIefqwv2iTM.jpg

Yet another fourth wall joke.

jK4APtOd834.jpg

Kid doesn't want any speed; he will regret that.

5eP45oQB1DY.jpg

Another movie reference.

p0zeJ561Ed0.jpg

And yet another fourth wall joke.

pYmTmgSkDmY.jpg

I'm quite sure that this is MCA writing.

Also "GIVE_RENESCO_CAPS 200". Not sloppy at all.

EovaoBBOopY.jpg

I'm getting overloaded with fourth wall jokes and cultural references. Well, I'll buy some drugs from him anyway.

oHaYye5IXy8.jpg

The car is stolen; I forced to buy it back.

54PC7NpndtE.jpg

I fix the purifier and get a level up. Got hit a couple of times by poison gas. Ants can detect me only one hex in front

jStizoeJGFU.jpg

I seriously don't know what perk could be useful for me so I pick Empathy just for lulz

-F5kBDDpz8g.jpg

And skillpoint assignment

T6rRfb8Xo6E.jpg

To get back with the missing people business - who could be blamed for this massacre?

ZIPC3BScBOA.jpg

Yeah, your wife is brown bread and you better leave the town if you don't want to be the next victim of "peaceful supermutants"

216-Jki2sZQ.jpg

"As little bloodshed as possible" - meaning brutally massacring and dismembering a dozen people. Something tells me that this multi-kulti doesn't work at all. Mine foreman is also a part of it.

If you go with this information to Marcus he will do nothing with Francis and will arrest Jacob instead - who has nothing to do with the murders. Some justice, eh? I have no choice but talk Francis to leave the town to "atone" for his misdeeds - meaning, he will kill more. Marcus will do nothing about this and killing Francis makes the town hostile.

0QPkQMZB7Y0.jpg

Of course I sided with Jacob - the man speaks the truth.

Up10LukIxkA.jpg

The mine is blown up and city is free from Mutant oppression.

The "weapon cache" is just two pistols - these guys had no chances of success without me.

Last edited:

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
Part VIII: Redding

GDYXdBMnBuI.jpg

Not much to do in Redding for pacifist.

The town and its Wild West aura feel completely out of the setting; Redding was always my least favorite place in Fallout 2

euc4JkF-7Fo.jpg

Time to start giving Jet to the children

SSARkahMCZY.jpg

Yeah, I'm not buying the mine

r4jq61gPfG4.jpg

But I will rob the place alright. There should be a vault down there

jQm6X-mMhKs.jpg

Instead, it's old tunnel system connected to Wanamingo mines. And nothing valuable. While I'm here, I could descent all the way down and get the excavator chip

y_OcCyXrch4.jpg

Getting there is not hard, but Wanamingos have surprisingly high detection; in fact too high for underground creatures with "eyes?"

GQ2OE96TPtY.jpg

I steal the shit from the Sheriff and sell it right here in the Casino. Sweet. I need those money for fuel and whores

oWN6QhhA-Mg.jpg

Like this one. The only one whore in the whole town

t3aY-bY281g.jpg

Classic scheme: she wants to leave the town and profession, but doesn't have enough money. The money actually needed for more drugs. She can have the money, I have plenty

(the fact that you can't pay with Jet directly is an oversight, though)

And if you cure her (can't do that now) she won't quit the profession anyway

m4CGpZyvw-8.jpg

Going in with the Roddy Piper line, always going with it

T3qA6YFHAq4.jpg

Ah, I forgot about level gating. Kinda stupid actually - why it is needed here at all?

wa4c_Ke3-iQ.jpg

I keep hoarding drugs and pills and steal even more

Ie2DP9nsgnE.jpg

I wonder if political mapping of Fallout 2 and power play (NCR-VC-NR) was to be developed more than it actually was. Seems like it, could have been interesting; can you imagine Fallout 2 with faction and influence system?

RtVvFimR5Zk.jpg

I sell the chip to this guy since he's anti-NCR. It's 1000 bucks and level up

gQcfKxdKaxU.jpg

Something like this; now I can go and become a deputy

SWM3bzqejs4.jpg

Classic trope of "be generous and receive instant reward"

qc6I5DGNfuM.jpg

While bar brawl is a Speech check. Locking them up net a better reward than not doing it

fUO9gjf7EBo.jpg

Cutting whores is wholly unforgivable. The perp is lucky that Bobby is pacifist

BHo6FaOfB4s.jpg

But basically, very weak "detective" quest. Visit saloon: Madam gives you the hint to visit Morningstar, you go there. There are two guys and one of them confesses instantly.

Serial killer quest in Arcanum is miles ahead of this

neQsPH8bcvE.jpg

Just a showcase of how colorful dialogue looks with Empathy perk; otherwise perk is pretty much useless since dialogues in Fallout 2 are not that branched (yes, they aren't) and you can always pick the right responses unless you're completely dumb. Nevada changes this perk into a Pip-Boy upgrade

-3J_DqB7Gvc.jpg

Frog Morton is going to live, though. No Frog, no Wanamingos, Redding cuts pacifist-viable quests rather radically

7nWbbQwrnMQ.jpg

Oh, and look, cool reputation title! Useful title to go to New Reno

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
Part IX: New Reno

JTy7TGy_WWI.jpg

Look what I got on the way to New Reno!

_LIE36LX9wY.jpg

High INT pays off

P2T0S2Cvfzc.jpg

Lil' Jesus got me filtered because of the low level; Big Jesus actually doesn't care, but I'll visit him later

Bga4KaVe-zc.jpg

I can be allowed to box, but with my stats? Nope

rO-89IPug2Q.jpg

Time to do some family business. Salvatore questline is the easiest one; it doesn't require any combat to become the made man. Lloyd has to be culled, but you can do it without raising the bodycount

7J7HW_YjmiY.jpg

New Reno is breaking at the seams with fourth-wall jokes. Not a fan

J6NpzB4P0LY.jpg

Here's the Lloyd, behind the locked door

Dns9mnn4e9E.jpg

Me Clint Eastwood now!

I throw him the landmine; as I said it doesn't increase the bodycount. Good enough for me

Zv6GhgrxwMs.jpg

While I'm here, I dig the coveted Mirror Glasses - +1 to CHA

KrwAQjE7Uok.jpg

And yet another Ghoul in the casket

rLoxNngy_Rg.jpg

Job is done.

xU9zZ4m8ro4.jpg

Renesco, we meet again. I take all the drugs from his inventory since they weight nothing

QY3Oeqdc378.jpg

Easiest job and the Made Man title is mine, but in due time

dApKHJPGwbg.jpg

Both Enclave soldiers are female, though

I will take the title later, I wanna do some more jobs

OA22ze7z6jM.jpg

Bishop questline is the only one that requires actual murder to complete. Westin could be culled without raising the bodycount; Carlson is the one to be killed manually. There is a way, though, but I disremember if it works this way so I'll skip Bishop's quests, take the suitcase and be happy

azZELDGrMN8.jpg

But I can have some fun with his daughter while I'm still here

9AIAH7I0cKI.jpg

Why whores doesn't use this "lying down" animation, by the way?

Also, notice the difference between her room and the two others

kQukN7LKI74.jpg

I can visit the Enclave transaction one more time, no XP this time, though

U9wnB9J65Pg.jpg

Wrights have surprisingly good quests, but only two of them; I used to join them just because of that, otherwise the family is a bunch of pathetic rednecks

QN2MW5LeaR0.jpg

Very good detective quest. Visit the kid's room, find empty Jet canister. Four suspects to go

wEmIc9HHrN4.jpg

Jagged Jimmy is the one to tell you that the Jet was poisoned. If you lack the stats to acquire Jet canister, you can perform some exhumation at Golgotha

77dngzOF1I8.jpg

And again we meet with Renesco; the guy surely has a lot to do

These screencaps don't do this quest justice, but it has a lot of possible dialogue and different outcomes. Shame that I can't enjoy it like I did back then

3-QuYVzcvDM.jpg

This gains me a level-up. I'm still lagging behind a lot

0ejMusZjBqE.jpg

This closes the deal and I'm given the lead to investigate Sierra Army Base. Promises to be fun with the pacifist set-up

bRwzhmxX5DE.jpg

Ahh, what a welcoming sight. These guys just couldn't sneak

koJXi2tbYoA.jpg

I take the shell from here; this place puts your Traps and Lockpicking skills to a good use

oWYpyFcv178.jpg

Strangely, Howitzer shot doesn't damage the turrets. I sneak past turrets without problems, though

P5YXnAj9Sqo.jpg

This one is tricky. One step forward, I'm spotted and I become Swiss cheese. Combat mode does the job

taF9-rDE1OY.jpg

This one is the worst. This is the farthest I can go without being shredded. With 10 AG + two Bonus Moves I would have been able to move past in combat mode, but I've got only 8 AG and no Bonus Moves. Even Jet with its +2 AP wouldn't help. What will help me is actually Psycho

zUxMXJdmzNc.jpg

I still get shot at, but with Psycho it becomes completely harmless

XfedGaIY1lU.jpg

Free Unarmed skill

8Z9lg4PhLN4.jpg

Place is choke full with valuable loot. I used to do Sierra runs instead of more gamebreaking Navarro runs; with decent Small Arms skill and Hunting Rifle you can disable all turrets using ol' good popamole tactic, or, as I did this time, Stealth will work as well

I used to do Sierra at lvl 3, by the way :smug:

Yw8fRYtWYCY.jpg

This elevator is the most convenient one; the door is locked for good, though. Not for me, I have 100 Lockpicking

ZibpfutVx0k.jpg

Also allows you to bypass shock plates and force fields. There's Plasma Rifle in there, if you want to do "Energy weapons from the start" run, Sierra is the best place to acquire them

UWy1nu9_NlU.jpg

Psycho lowered my INT and thus, my much needed skills. There's a workaround: you can pick up several books in here, read them and pass time for drugs to wear off

ck8sb2q2imY.jpg

Why not help a Skynet?

aO4pv7ajY3I.jpg

I have Science only for Human Brain. But the problem is that I still can't assemble the Skynet: to do that, you need a servomotor which is a drop from destroyed robobrains. And I can't destroy them in this run

Cd8r3q3hCaY.jpg

Using Repair skill on some of the robots gives you 75 or 200 XP. Sierra is explored, I won't turn the quest in, though

AM6T9A-NJWI.jpg

Now, Mordino's questline could be finished without raising the bodycount as well. This quest is easy and brings me to Myron

2wS0oMzMEs0.jpg

Never get high on your own supply

Ol-kjoTWdls.jpg

With Doctor skill you can extract some batteries from this Brahmin asshole

gdeq7FixI_E.jpg

This scientist spills all the juice; also he has the badge needed to talk to Myron.

"Typical project leader", lol. Ol' good times

PR-kU1Tjxbc.jpg

Myron talks a lot as well; don't give up all your secrets, man

BimYok1jbNU.jpg

And he tells me how to make an antidote for Jet. I thought about taking Myron with me, but he's good in here anyway

Final Mordino quest is the culling of old Salvatore, which could be done without changing the bodycount: just steal his Oxygen container and he will croak

pjN_ZCDKaxk.jpg

Now it's time to become the Made Man. I'll be Iceman, like Richard Kuklinski

RJ0VXKsRygA.jpg

And I can't be a pornstar, what a shame. Not enough END. To leave New Reno with such a disappointment, but, oh well

Poseidon00

Arcane
I always figured this was possible to do in the game, but it's incredibly fascinating to see it practically executed. I know you said this has been done before, but fuck it, this is the first one I've seen

I really had no idea sneaking in the game was this broken (or just, usable in general,) if I'll be honest. I might have to start another run with a similar build when I'm not so tied up in more important shit. Keep it coming!

Sneak and steal is the way to do the game. Imagine running headlong into bullets with melee lol

Duralux for Durabux

Part IX: New Reno

JTy7TGy_WWI.jpg

Look what I got on the way to New Reno!

_LIE36LX9wY.jpg

High INT pays off

P2T0S2Cvfzc.jpg

Lil' Jesus got me filtered because of the low level; Big Jesus actually doesn't care, but I'll visit him later

Bga4KaVe-zc.jpg

I can be allowed to box, but with my stats? Nope

rO-89IPug2Q.jpg

Time to do some family business. Salvatore questline is the easiest one; it doesn't require any combat to become the made man. Lloyd has to be culled, but you can do it without raising the bodycount

7J7HW_YjmiY.jpg

New Reno is breaking at the seams with fourth-wall jokes. Not a fan

J6NpzB4P0LY.jpg

Here's the Lloyd, behind the locked door

Dns9mnn4e9E.jpg

Me Clint Eastwood now!

I throw him the landmine; as I said it doesn't increase the bodycount. Good enough for me

Zv6GhgrxwMs.jpg

While I'm here, I dig the coveted Mirror Glasses - +1 to CHA

KrwAQjE7Uok.jpg

And yet another Ghoul in the casket

rLoxNngy_Rg.jpg

Job is done.

xU9zZ4m8ro4.jpg

Renesco, we meet again. I take all the drugs from his inventory since they weight nothing

QY3Oeqdc378.jpg

Easiest job and the Made Man title is mine, but in due time

dApKHJPGwbg.jpg

Both Enclave soldiers are female, though

I will take the title later, I wanna do some more jobs

OA22ze7z6jM.jpg

Bishop questline is the only one that requires actual murder to complete. Westin could be culled without raising the bodycount; Carlson is the one to be killed manually. There is a way, though, but I disremember if it works this way so I'll skip Bishop's quests, take the suitcase and be happy

azZELDGrMN8.jpg

But I can have some fun with his daughter while I'm still here

9AIAH7I0cKI.jpg

Why whores doesn't use this "lying down" animation, by the way?

Also, notice the difference between her room and the two others

kQukN7LKI74.jpg

I can visit the Enclave transaction one more time, no XP this time, though

U9wnB9J65Pg.jpg

Wrights have surprisingly good quests, but only two of them; I used to join them just because of that, otherwise the family is a bunch of pathetic rednecks

QN2MW5LeaR0.jpg

Very good detective quest. Visit the kid's room, find empty Jet canister. Four suspects to go

wEmIc9HHrN4.jpg

Jagged Jimmy is the one to tell you that the Jet was poisoned. If you lack the stats to acquire Jet canister, you can perform some exhumation at Golgotha

77dngzOF1I8.jpg

And again we meet with Renesco; the guy surely has a lot to do

These screencaps don't do this quest justice, but it has a lot of possible dialogue and different outcomes. Shame that I can't enjoy it like I did back then

3-QuYVzcvDM.jpg

This gains me a level-up. I'm still lagging behind a lot

0ejMusZjBqE.jpg

This closes the deal and I'm given the lead to investigate Sierra Army Base. Promises to be fun with the pacifist set-up

bRwzhmxX5DE.jpg

Ahh, what a welcoming sight. These guys just couldn't sneak

koJXi2tbYoA.jpg

I take the shell from here; this place puts your Traps and Lockpicking skills to a good use

oWYpyFcv178.jpg

Strangely, Howitzer shot doesn't damage the turrets. I sneak past turrets without problems, though

P5YXnAj9Sqo.jpg

This one is tricky. One step forward, I'm spotted and I become Swiss cheese. Combat mode does the job

taF9-rDE1OY.jpg

This one is the worst. This is the farthest I can go without being shredded. With 10 AG + two Bonus Moves I would have been able to move past in combat mode, but I've got only 8 AG and no Bonus Moves. Even Jet with its +2 AP wouldn't help. What will help me is actually Psycho

zUxMXJdmzNc.jpg

I still get shot at, but with Psycho it becomes completely harmless

XfedGaIY1lU.jpg

Free Unarmed skill

8Z9lg4PhLN4.jpg

Place is choke full with valuable loot. I used to do Sierra runs instead of more gamebreaking Navarro runs; with decent Small Arms skill and Hunting Rifle you can disable all turrets using ol' good popamole tactic, or, as I did this time, Stealth will work as well

I used to do Sierra at lvl 3, by the way :smug:

Yw8fRYtWYCY.jpg

This elevator is the most convenient one; the door is locked for good, though. Not for me, I have 100 Lockpicking

ZibpfutVx0k.jpg

Also allows you to bypass shock plates and force fields. There's Plasma Rifle in there, if you want to do "Energy weapons from the start" run, Sierra is the best place to acquire them

UWy1nu9_NlU.jpg

Psycho lowered my INT and thus, my much needed skills. There's a workaround: you can pick up several books in here, read them and pass time for drugs to wear off

ck8sb2q2imY.jpg

Why not help a Skynet?

aO4pv7ajY3I.jpg

I have Science only for Human Brain. But the problem is that I still can't assemble the Skynet: to do that, you need a servomotor which is a drop from destroyed robobrains. And I can't destroy them in this run

Cd8r3q3hCaY.jpg

Using Repair skill on some of the robots gives you 75 or 200 XP. Sierra is explored, I won't turn the quest in, though

AM6T9A-NJWI.jpg

Now, Mordino's questline could be finished without raising the bodycount as well. This quest is easy and brings me to Myron

2wS0oMzMEs0.jpg

Never get high on your own supply

Ol-kjoTWdls.jpg

With Doctor skill you can extract some batteries from this Brahmin asshole

gdeq7FixI_E.jpg

This scientist spills all the juice; also he has the badge needed to talk to Myron.

"Typical project leader", lol. Ol' good times

PR-kU1Tjxbc.jpg

Myron talks a lot as well; don't give up all your secrets, man

BimYok1jbNU.jpg

And he tells me how to make an antidote for Jet. I thought about taking Myron with me, but he's good in here anyway

Final Mordino quest is the culling of old Salvatore, which could be done without changing the bodycount: just steal his Oxygen container and he will croak

pjN_ZCDKaxk.jpg

Now it's time to become the Made Man. I'll be Iceman, like Richard Kuklinski

RJ0VXKsRygA.jpg

And I can't be a pornstar, what a shame. Not enough END. To leave New Reno with such a disappointment, but, oh well
Is it sincerely useful to max out speech above 100? you could have spared those skill points.

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
Part X: NCR

NhZK68vyvfM.jpg

Iguana bits lost their taste in Fallout 2. Midget spawned incredibly shitty inventory at this visit

G8QaWKnZnYY.jpg

Plenty of good loot in this room

CXeX-DlwUE0.jpg

Look, proto Al-Fabet! He can upgrade the car, though

zXw3fBkFAXg.jpg

He sells junk, checks out alright. Although, there's more junk items in the game, wasted opportunity to enlarge his inventory

rpcEhAvXQS4.jpg

Another mutie - not even NCR is safe from this scum

Tr5qeY_0UEA.jpg

The fuel is fucking expensive! Questionable solution to the gasoline price problem

YPbZTk9Vwpk.jpg

The solution to mutant question, a welcomed one.

VfQ5Jp7j6rs.jpg

And I like how it works. Regretfully, Doc gives you only one dose and no, it doesn't work on Horrigan.

Local crime boss becomes pissed off and is best to be avoided

The reward is robomutt whom I don't need

S6qFezV_I-M.jpg

Here, I will reload until I have +2 to Luck

2bG_V9-8ASA.jpg

Took just two reloads, fine deal

r3j8ypP0d5A.jpg

He will not blow anything until you arrive, very convenient

iB5bjOOh1gM.jpg

The responses here are not outright obvious, one of the rare cases when Empathy is actually useful. Reward is generous, 6000 XP - which gives me level-up

lvXi30InY8o.jpg

There's nothing really mandatory for me so I pick Bonus Move for convenience

DD33nwbkWSw.jpg

And skills like that. Yes, I'm leveling up Traps a little

eFElReFviEs.jpg

Here's a fork: I can do quest for rangers or slavers. Both quests are karma gated, so I don't actually have a choice

PGFJjVyhbzc.jpg

Getting inside is easy, the door is open. There's just one guy patrolling around so releasing the slaves is easy too. Getting out is the hardest part

eH4Z3WPvoLs.jpg

I can get behind the guy in metal armor very close, two hexes. Closer than that and the guy on the right spots me. I activate the combat mode and run to the door - I would have had enough AP to leave, but door closes automatically and I need to spend AP to open it. The guy in metal armor spots me and starts combat

zFUZS0gHZP8.jpg

And he shoots one of his own guys. I leave and end combat - no pursuing followed

Rwof97MmdnM.jpg

And now I'm a ranger. Gonna throw that ranger star in the trash, though

m0Upe0wGCmE.jpg

You can ask this guy about "honest work" and he'll sent you to Westin - but it does nothing

pjQPuEAyPRA.jpg

Instead, you should ask the very same question of this random looking cop who is actually a Sheriff. This gets you to Westin

SCJad6wUm5w.jpg

Easy work indeed. I won't cull Westin - I can poison him, but it gives no XP reward and I can't get the reward from Bishop

o0CgG8NuKz4.jpg

I don't remember ever seeing this bug and I usually play in 800x600

oqCgYdpfCEY.jpg

You need 100 (!) Outdoorsman to follow the deathclaws; it's not necessary since I can click on that exit grid and get there anyway. I don't have to, but why not?

rPXvfViwK0c.jpg

More XP and level up again, another 5% into Traps for some reason

P3P09iXpMfM.jpg

Vault 13 has some weird dialogues. Every human and some other NPCs have unique lines to answer your questions. To answer them back, you have three responses - one very polite, one neutral and one rude. Every single convo in Vault 13 follows this pattern, like copy and pasted or made in a hurry

Os3ziEsZViE.jpg

How he was decapitated by watermelon? And where do you get watermelons in the desert?

bo89bRGX6FU.jpg

Vault 13 paints smart deathclaws as the ultimate benevolent creatures and you have very little reasons to doubt that; this guy is kinda making a build-up for a doubt, but considering his previous lines? Nope

QgDVCVKH5sI.jpg

This is the only NPC in the area who has agenda against deathclaws, he really has a point; but the sole fact of him being alive disproves it

A91OFZAsniM.jpg

As I said, the quality of dialogue in here is really low and formulaic

v7v7DGANmKw.jpg

Bah! Using exploits doesn't mark Vault 13 on my map. Would have to get in again by the old-fashioned method later

But for now, I need to get back to Vault City to finish some things and get the Voice Module for free

hg8RzIqc7IY.jpg

I took a wrong screenshot, but I have scolded Moore for being a NCR spy and now he's pissed off. Vault City should be clean of NCR spies

CPMkNqWVRLM.jpg

I rat him out to Lynette. He is thrown out

lNAy6DFrBNA.jpg

And one old quest is now closed. Can't do anything about raiders

XrHYWqD8X2k.jpg

Two doses of jet-cure and good XP. Myron talked too much

I58G587lTBQ.jpg

And here is the Voice Module. Forgot to pick it up the previous time

DxN715n7_Qo.jpg

STR 3, but two Buffouts and crowbar and I open the door. Inside, memory module for +1 to STR

czDer7I0eOI.jpg

Visit to Redding, and more XP

Ki8AMeiiRv8.jpg

The reward for solving deathclaw problem and a possible lead to Vault 13 - the most expensive one, though, not needed since getting there through Vault 15 is free. I visit administrative district for the sole reason of picking up the quest and then go there

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
Part XI: Vault 15

4A9y4kO4Ymk.jpg

Another funny bug. Guy just stuck in that frame

3RU_7Dpn05E.jpg

The tread of tertiary dialogue continues. I've never noticed that before (probably the fact that I never pick Empathy plays a role here), but now it's obvious that these location's dialogue were written by the same person and he was in a hurry

QUEHvFqtzbs.jpg

Speech check, and this guy is easily convinced to let me through

iroDGW6u8GU.jpg

The girl is supposed to be raped, but she plays tough and it's assumed that nothing happened yet. In Ressurection, I bet she would have been raped and killed already, the edge there is real

Jzi-EBpAycg.jpg

2500 XP for one speech check and trip to a neighboring location

YFV2-W4TL_s.jpg

He gives me the key, otherwise I would need Lockpicking and Traps

f6e8d6FUoRo.jpg

Another speech check and I can freely walk around, no need for Stealth

pMryTW7q48Q.jpg

Every Vault in the game has a doctor in this room

Darian is supposed to be the survivor of Khans from Fallout 1, which happened forty years ago in the game timeline

ow1YXDkd0gQ.jpg

Computer parts are not guarded, not even locked

OztCcAsxJbc.jpg

And I get Vault 13 location the legit way - absolutely for free

iqnJo53HYi0.jpg

Can't do anything with Darion, there's no non-combat solution - you can't talk him out, poison him or somesuch. I guess I can sneak behind and pump him with Superstims, but I will leave such shenanigans for some later characters

97-cPYCouso.jpg

I can sneak behind him, and there I find info about a spy in NCR government

qpLCHxrnuB8.jpg

I give her computer parts, info about the spy and info about Vault 13. After that, she refuses to converse with me anymore

I7ny_BsSUes.jpg

5000 XP and level up. I forgot to screenshot it, but there was nothing unusual and the next level up can't be too far away.

7K7id0udlms.jpg

5000 XP for fixing their computer and 4000 XP for GECK, it's another level up right away

iQt25KQWM5I.jpg

I'm at loss at what perks I would need, so I will just raise my AG

lFhD2h9MxnY.jpg

And skills like that. Even being deprived from combat related XP, I'm pretty much set up just fine

hMMLmAkgkwk.jpg

Navigation parts which would be needed later, so there's no need to come back to Vault 13 later

ML_if3j8LOI.jpg

I decided to visit Mariposa since there's cool Power Armor suite in here. I have dynamite, so the door is now open

XrFlXTjCv4k.jpg

Fixing generator gives me 1500 XP. Local rats are not regular rats - called "mutated beasts", they are tougher, poison you on hit and have better detection: regular mice can't detect me at all, these bastards do it at two hexes.

z0plL18N11w.jpg

Well, coming here wasn't the best idea. No way I would be able to sneak up there. Had to get out of there

SdC3F2GsssM.jpg

This wolf is bugged: he keeps following me even with stealth on, thus he effectively ignores my stealth status and just locks up on me

From there, it's a finishing streak - San-Fran and Navarro

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
Part XII: San Fran and Navarro

VGejE-Qx348.jpg

San Fran is a big location but very light on content. Chinatown is huge; it has two traders, doctor and martial arts quest exclusive for unarmed characters. Shi Palace and Hubologist base are sharing a fork, docks has literally no quests or talking NPC and Tanker has few more quests. Most action here is revolving around vertibird plans and getting Tanker ready. Typical endgame location from Black Isle.

CHxM4WO2d-g.jpg

Of course I steal the money from traders. I have like 30k right now but I don't need a single dollar right now, pure kleptomania

K20yJVCeXc4.jpg

My first interaction with BoS

KHIuF7i0L8Y.jpg

That's a lot of condoms, but no whores in San Fran

NnVmwA7YvAM.jpg

And people walking out of bonds

ahPtwd7DN8o.jpg

One quest that could be done right now. Notice the disappearance of tertiary dialogue seen in Vault 13 and around

qa5mvDnjKGM.jpg

You can go there, but who ever did?

Pk50yZR_P9A.jpg

He gives me the lead to spleen. His only non-trading involvement

yzyIjUj4N94.jpg

Famous quote, another fourth wall?

ES9tBzxLgPk.jpg

Actually no, since Silence of the Lambs do exist in Fallout universe

_SaqYGGi_vU.jpg

And now run to the doctor. So much running around and a moment to appreciate Sfall. If anyone has forgot, vanilla Fallout has scrolling and pathfinding limited; in Sfall you can scroll to the map exit, click and wait, in vanilla movement is more involved

Pw1DezMgIsU.jpg

He will fix the guy for free since I talked to his mate in Broken Hills. With this, I have nothing more to do in San Fran, so forthwith to Navarro

LEGMOftb3N4.jpg

Curiously, Shi guards in San Fran are the only NPCs that have "always facing the player" script active

TjHnl77qusQ.jpg

Golden tongue can get you anywhere.

Annoyingly, he initiates the dialogue right at your entrance, so if you have picked the wrong line and screwed up, and your last save is in San Fran - try again. Thankfully, my Outdoorsman carries me on and I wasn't intercepted by patrols a single time

sx0l4J4P9FE.jpg

Power Armor is needed anyway since you can't walk around at Oil Rig in leather jacket

xE8EZa5nheI.jpg

And now I set up on fuel alright but once again, I don't need this much so late in the game

71AWdtxW9vo.jpg

Sure, I will let this dangerous creature outside. Door requires a keycard, couldn't be picked. Keycard is in unlocked table in a room nearby

He escapes for 1500 XP; can't fix the dog since it requires culling the scientist

xSiX2bkfYMs.jpg

Scientist nearby is easily convinced to reveal the password. Hacking is reload prone since one failure will trigger the alarm

4RFuuAJVnkM.jpg

1257 methods with only two available right now. No jet skis in Fallout

hshZAauBuso.jpg

What a beauty. No wonder people want to produce them this much

iIZageQBmsA.jpg

And vertibird plans. I don't play convincing games this time, just sneak behind and get them

_4ZKuisO9-c.jpg

3500XP for getting the plans and level up.

i-eXqRxTggc.jpg

I will get the FOB as well so I don't have to come back here later. Cook tells me right away that I need it for some reason

wknLQpYsrRs.jpg

These guys are easily convinced to allow me wander around despite being members of hardcore shadow government organisation

GT6ziZw5oN8.jpg

Giving vertibird plans to BoS results in the glorious 20000XP, absolutely amazing and level 17

ApPWD-tKGi4.jpg

The only time I did some editing in this playthrough; this explanation of Skynet-like systems is probably the best one I ever encountered in media (much better than the ones in Matrix or Terminator) and even better since you encounter some AIs in Fallout 1 and 2

geLmwwjYryk.jpg

I will augment my STR and CHA since it's free, INT and PER are already maxed out

mcc0aNbI404.jpg

Good stats aside from dumped END, and I don't even have Gifted

vlG9M9yLjHk.jpg

5000XP for giving plans to Shi, it's like a festival of cheap XP

qj3qDwh_8Ws.jpg

Chip bugged out and disappeared, but quest is closed regardless and I get the XP and needed favor for captain (he refuses to speak otherwise)

fDV9gA5YnZE.jpg

Yes, it's level up again

UdSWbfcTWwM.jpg

Having FOB and nav parts I need only fuel. Badger can hack into Shi's network and steal it; this guy wants Hardened PA which will cost 10000 bucks (I don't care for the money but getting regular PA is too much hassle. Remember Mariposa?)

3266e8u9m5U.jpg

Instead, I put my Speech to a good use and get access to the Emperor mainframe without culling the main Hubologist

qYJtfBJF2oI.jpg

FOB is installed in the main bridge, nav parts still require me to go down. My Stealth carries me over, although it's crucial not to aggro more than one critter at the time (if you are patient you can go without aggroing a single one). Vanamingos have spotting range of ~5 hexes, Centaurs are much perceptive

6SCXo1lERwU.jpg

Girl has no chances here. Unlike Smiley the Trapper, who is invisible to geckos, she is targeted by critters and without player's intervention quickly perishes. Stealthy rescue is not possible. She is quickly spotted by them as well, so, as they say it in Ukraine, нехуй шастать

With that, I'm ready for the Oil Rig

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
Part XIII: Oil Rig

g-lZz-sfmIw.jpg

The final streak: 15000XP and not the last level up

xLz4lWiCFWs.jpg

I just dump all SPs in Barter, may as well do nothing

FjrdF539hUk.jpg

Indeed, what a coincidence

DBD1ytIV_pI.jpg

Without looting anything I go straight to the puzzle room. Oh boy, I really hated it back in the day: it's not that annoying by itself, but these discharges, fuck them

yt36Agth8Vg.jpg

Repairing one terminal gives me Alien Blaster. I was hoping that it will open all doors instead

7D4GSTb_BIA.jpg

PA MkII, just for collection

8e0fv2sDF6Y.jpg

Second GECK: how often can you collect not one, but two McGuffins?

laeI88DsDxw.jpg

Oil Rig has so much unique assets, it's a shame that you won't spend here more time

qwwT5687t60.jpg

Funny thing: Pres starts talking to me like to a regular soldier, but midway it is given that he knows about my tribal origins. I kinda missed the point of that revelation. He seems to be very calm about intruders as well.

Dt3sy6sbl4Q.jpg

As you can see, there is no option to talk him down. Either bye-bye or die.

hERwrOw2gFk.jpg

Well, he should die anyway since he possesses presidential access card. No need to add him to my bodycount, just pump him up with superstims

y2w_ocAJ2-c.jpg

And he's gone. Used nine superstims to be sure

10tJMfzZstQ.jpg

I push scientist out of the way: I had to blow up the reactor and I don't need them to be in the blast radius

uMJSwFNV_L0.jpg

This is the last level up. So, it's a given: you can reach lvl 20 pure on non-combat XP

EmvJYcChoQ8.jpg

Granite team convinced on the first try: having high Speech helps a lot

j2c9BK5OUVY.jpg

I reconfigure the turrets and the fight starts: I don't have to listen to Franky's speech. I will detail it turn by turn

Ykz1tvlZPDA.jpg

First turn: Franky receives some minor damage and destroys one turret. I activate stealth and think about what should I do

RVbUiRpexzE.jpg

Turn two: Frankie receives more damage and kills one Enclave soldier with a lucky crit

InniQP2pMss.jpg

Turn three: Frankie is now severely wounded, but Sgt. Granite is knocked down, heavily wounded. I decide to help them a little with healing: I was too slow and should have equipped stimpacks beforehand

dMVXXAdlutY.jpg

Turn four: Frankie is almost down, but Sgt. Granite is KIA. I heal female Enclave trooper in the frontline fully

Rq2w8WaaqM8.jpg

Turn five: Enclave soldier is alive, but knocked out. I heal her for more. Frankie is still standing.

I8HMpRgeP8M.jpg

Turn six: Frankie is mowed down by the turret. Two Enclave soldiers survive the encounter.

By that point I realize that I'm a fool: I should have pumped them up with Psycho, Buffout and Jet, this way Frankie would have been culled much quicker

RnkWNaTJWiQ.jpg

And that is: the end with a proud 1 in the bodycount. As I said earlier, despite me doing nothing in the offensive, Frankie is still added to my bodycount, that's how the game works. I doubt that there is any other way to do that

Anyway, it was much smoother than I thought it will be

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom