Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Resident Evil 4 VR

Drakortha

Liturgist
Again, you guys just want the same fucking game to be released every year.

We haven't had a Resident Evil in the classic style since 2002. Almost 20 years ago! You are objectively wrong, but you don't care, and you don't care about quality either. RE:VILLAGE is a failure to be and another huge decline for this franchise but so long as it sells to the millennials you will call it the golden standard.

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

We haven't had a Resident Evil in the classic style since 2002. Almost 20 years ago! You are objectively wrong, but you don't care, and you don't care about quality either. RE:VILLAGE is a failure to be and another huge decline for this franchise but so long as it sells to the millennials you will call it the golden standard.
I grew up with this series, idiot. It was literally the first PlayStation game I can remember buying... They've since improved the classic formula substantially with REmake. That's an objective fact, so stop being butthurt about it right now!

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

Yes quote the low-hanging fruit and don't address my arguments. RERemake2 is objectively decline in nearly every way. Combat is mechanically better, Ada's tits and tight asian ass have more polygons, that's about it. (hyperbole, there's a little more than that but I feel like being an "edgy hipster").
What did I address? You snipped my retort, and I can't be asked to put the effort to scroll up because your arguments all amount to TLDR--"Wah, muh, hipster classic isn't being made!" STFU, dude, the series has evolved, and it's entering it's golden-age. Either play the games and have fun or just sit there and be a grumpy cuck. Pick one!

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
You think CRAPCOM is the golden goose and can do no wrong. You Fanboys DISGUST me!
I'm not a fanboy. I know when a game is objectively bad. RE: 5 and RE: Survivors were shit games. I've even beat RE: Outbreak and File #2 countless times, and when it came out, people ranted that it was a shit game (I'm pretty sure it didn't sell well). I love the classics, but it's an objective fact that the REmake system is infinitely better than the tank controls.

Oh, one way you can tell that I'm a veteran of the series. Back when Outbreak was still online, if you played the game on the PS3, you would load into the game faster than people were playing online with a PS2.

Last edited:

Silverfish

Arbiter
Capcom seems very insecure with RE.

Capcom are insecure with everything. Megaman, DMC, Dragon's Dogma, Maximo and Clover Studios' games in general were either dicked around with until the appeal dried up or were left to die on the vine.

Village looks like Resi 7.5, so I guess it worked out?

Drakortha

Liturgist
CRAPCOM have already come out and said they want to release a new RE game every year going forward. That means more 1st & 3rd person shooting galleries recycled over and over, lack of innovation, more push for memes and marketing, etc. They aren't interested in developing quality RE games, they just want a cashcow and they will get it because mainstream audiences have 0 standards and will buy anything if it's presented in a way that appeals to them.

The RE4 fans don't care though - so long as the series doesn't go back to the boogey man that is TANK CONTROLS and FIXED CAMERA. Because that's just about the worst kind of RE game in their minds!

Last edited:

karoliner

Arcane
Vatnik
Fe4AhzI.jpg

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
RE7 is probably the last Resident Evil I will ever play in first person view. I didn't even finish it.
Too scary, huh. Don't worry, I know plenty of big bitches, but they're usually women.

vota DC

Augur
So they're remaking RE4 to be more akin to RE1 and RE2? big fucking incline if u ask me...

The team that re3 remake was not as good as team 1. so yeah good change from capcom.

im hyped

RE4 was shitty compared to RE1-3 anyway
Wasn't the point of that game fast zombies and become FPS?

Nifft Batuff

Prophet
I played recently RE: Survivor and found it overall more enjoyable than RE4. But I would not say that I want a remake of it. Remakes are just idiot thing because they tend to change or remove the specific few things that render the original an interesting and charming game. A remake of RE4 is even more idiot.

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
I played recently RE: Survivor and found it overall more enjoyable than RE4. But I would not say that I want a remake of it. Remakes are just idiot thing because they tend to change or remove the specific few things that render the original an interesting and charming game. A remake of RE4 is even more idiot.
REmake: 1 and REmake: 2 are substantially better than the originals. As I said, just a bunch of contrarians looking for attention from me.

Nifft Batuff

Prophet
REmake: 1 and REmake: 2 are substantially better than the originals. As I said, just a bunch of contrarians looking for attention from me.
My ass.
Remake1 captures the right aspects of the original, improving the graphics and adding some QoL improvements, but it is an exception among remakes. Remake2 is different game compared to RE2 original. You can like it or dislike it independently of what do you think about the original. Personally I don't care less.

fork

Even if you like REmake2 more than the original, the original is objectively better: there are four different playthroughs, or let's say three and a half, compared to REmake2's one and a half or two and a half if we're generous; what you pick up in playthrough a has consequences in playthrough b; the alligator fight is shit, but not as shit as the one in the remake. Sherry's sequence is shit, but not as shit as it is in the remake.. I could go on for a while.

It's kind of the opposite for the original REmake. That's also subjective whether you prefer it over the original of course, but it's also kinda objectively better than the very first Resident Evil. The remixed puzzles are great, even for people who played the original, and all areas are more fleshed out. The atmosphere is quite different though, so I see where people who prefer the original are coming from. But at least it stayed true to the gameplay and strengths of what made Resident Evil so special in the first place: the prerendered backgrounds and fixed cam angles. Starting with RE4, the games have become completely mediocre popamole. And the funny thing is that most people in an RPG forum, who should have experienced the rape of Fallout for example, can't seem to see that when it comes to the Resident Evil franchise, which just stopped existing with RE4 as far as I'm concerned.

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Even if you like REmake2 more than the original, the original is objectively better: there are four different playthroughs, or let's say three and a half, compared to REmake2's one and a half or two and a half if we're generous; what you pick up in playthrough a has consequences in playthrough b; the alligator fight is shit, but not as shit as the one in the remake. Sherry's sequence is shit, but not as shit as it is in the remake.. I could go on for a while.

It's kind of the opposite for the original REmake. That's also subjective whether you prefer it over the original of course, but it's also kinda objectively better than the very first Resident Evil. The remixed puzzles are great, even for people who played the original, and all areas are more fleshed out. The atmosphere is quite different though, so I see where people who prefer the original are coming from. But at least it stayed true to the gameplay and strengths of what made Resident Evil so special in the first place: the prerendered backgrounds and fixed cam angles. Starting with RE4, the games have become completely mediocre popamole. And the funny thing is that most people in an RPG forum, who should have experienced the rape of Fallout for example, can't seem to see that when it comes to the Resident Evil franchise, which just stopped existing with RE4 as far as I'm concerned.
Stop being an edgy faggot. (Fallout wasn't "raped." It was murdered.)

From Fallout: 3, we got probably the best Fallout game ever in New Vegas. Be edgy all you want, but it's a top 10 best RPG on the Cuckdex list. As always, it's objective fact here versus some edgy faggot trying to score "olDsKooL" points :roll:. The REmake games are objectively better than the originals. You can be a graphics whore all you want with the "muh pre rendered background," but I'm not a graphics whore. REmakes are just superior in every way.

Ezekiel

Arcane
RE7 is probably the last Resident Evil I will ever play in first person view. I didn't even finish it.
Too scary, huh. Don't worry, I know plenty of big bitches, but they're usually women.

I think the only game that scared me in the last ten years was Alien: Isolation. Which is fine, since fear was never a big part of the Resident Evil experience anyway. No, I was just bored of RE7 and tired of finding where to go. The third person perspective is essential to the Resident Evil experience for me. Even ignoring that, it didn't feel like a Resident Evil game, but more like some cheesier Texas Chainsaw Massacre wannabe walking sim thing (with a much more embarrassing dinner scene), not helped by fighting the same enemy again and again, instead of zombies.

Last edited:

Drakortha

Liturgist
RE2: Remake was made for the RE4 fans. They even put Leon in a leather jacket and his stupid RE4 haircut at the start of the game. CRAPCOM can't help themselves and continue to make the entire series revolve around RE4.

Last edited:

Nifft Batuff

Prophet

Just follow for a moment this thought-experiment: imagine that Capcom is going to make a RE4-remake, with very high quality production, better than the original from graphics and accessibility point of view, but... in the same style of RE1 and RE1 remake: i.e. scaling down the shooter aspects, introducing cinematic camera to increase the tension and the scariness, reducing ammo and monster counts, basically making the RE4-remake a slow-paced survival horror instead of a shooter with an horror theme that was the original. Would you consider the remake objectively superior to the original RE4?

If you aren't just a dumb consumer that eat whatever is placed in his plate, but you really liked the original RE4 for what it was, why should you care about this remake? Where is the "objectivity better" in this case? Well, this is the same feeling that many people, who liked the original RE2 for what it was, have towards its remake.

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

Just follow for a moment this thought-experiment: imagine that Capcom is going to make a RE4-remake, with very high quality production, better than the original from graphics and accessibility point of view, but... in the same style of RE1 and RE1 remake: i.e. scaling down the shooter aspects, introducing cinematic camera to increase the tension and the scariness, reducing ammo and monster counts, basically making the RE4-remake a slow-paced survival horror instead of a shooter with an horror theme that was the original. Would you consider the remake objectively superior to the original RE4?

If you aren't just a dumb consumer that eat whatever is placed in his plate, but you really liked the original RE4 for what it was, why should you care about this remake? Where is the "objectivity better" in this case? Well, this is the same feeling that many people, who liked the original RE2 for what it was, have towards its remake.
How many "oLDsKooL" points have you racked up now? Are you satisfied at all the points you're getting. Can you cash them in on Amazon at some point or something?

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Some leaked screenie - Leon in Hunk's outfit
This game is so easy to mod nobody believe this, duh
lQmpn3m.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom