Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Share your "I am not playing" list

Dedicated_Dark

Arbiter
Half of these are "I am not playing them anymore" or "Will never play them again."
Risen 3 (Writing is extremely poor.)
Mass Effect Andromeda (Ugh!)
Most things made by Sony especially Horizon Boredom Dawn (Especially Boredom Dawn which made Robot Dinasours boring somehow.)
MMOs (Ugh..)
Battle Royale (Fuck your roaming around and waiting for everything.)
Survival garbage (Fuck your menial endless grinding.)
Red Dead Redemption 2 (Fuck your forced scripting.)
Final Fantasy 8 & X (Retarded juvenile writing.)
Assassin's Creed RPG trilogy (Fuck your existence.)
Prince of Persia SOT remake by the wankers in my country (Fckn disgraceful, I'm ashamed, saddened & insulted. A group of utter fuckn wankers getting to remake a masterful game, utter shame.)
Boredomlands 2 onwards (Anthony Burch I believe? Writing was insufferable)
Most of Tales series of jrpgs, they are very poorly written for the most part. Few are good. (But most are shit especially symphonia.)
Any Fallout made by Bethesda. (Yea..)
Modern Mortal Kombat games. (Annoyingly woke, poorly written & poorly animated fighters.)
Yakuza 3,4,5,6 (Story ended at Yakuza 2, I like 0 though.)
Limbo, Inside (Genuinely pretentious garbage.)
Outer Worlds (How low Obsidian have fallen.)
Rage 2 (Never)
Mafia Remake (Disgrace)
Hitman Absolution (Disgrace)
Arkham Knight (Fuck your riddled trophies)
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (Fuck your pathetic teenage anime waifus & looser kid protagonist, how low you have fallen from Xenogears)

I'm hungry. Will write the rest later.

Zlaja

Arcane
Ultima VII (I just can't stand the perspective. I just can't. Shoot me.)

Hitman games (Trial and error diabetes)

Control (Endlessly respawning mobs that hinder my assploration. Just fuck off.)

Path Of Exile (I quit because I got fed up with the whole 'league ended so this character is now obsolete and you will never touch him again' shenanigens. Also, fuck having to redistribute your skill points every time they change the skill grid.)

Last edited:

Neuromancer

Augur
Control (Endlessly respawning mobs that hinder my assploration. Just fuck off.)
Thanks for the warning!
I was thinking of buying that game since it got some good reception and the previous games from Remedy were enjoyable.

But I hate constantly respawning enemies.
Cleared areas should stay clear. There can be reinforcements or a few wandering enemies.
But infinitely respawning masses of enemies are annoying.

Silentstorm

Learned
MOBA's, all of them really.
Paradox games, nothing against them, just seem too time consuming and while i don't mind looking at stats, it feels like looking at too many spreadsheets and numbers in a way that makes 4X games look like fast paced frenetic games, i also don't think i am as interested in spreadsheet historical fiction as many people, i don't mind it in RPG's, many other games and books/TV/movies, but even looking at some insane screenshots of Crusader Kings and stories from people for some reason don't make me want to try the games at all.
Collectible Card Games, look, some card games are quite fun, but they don't revolve around hundreds to thousands of cards where you buy packs and those with money get all the best stuff, i will try some card games, i will not try Magic The Gathering:Arena or Hearthstone.
Jumpscare Horror games, Survival Horror is fine, but when it's just a game where you walk around until something screams at you, i have no interest in it.

Going by genre, there are some individual games or series i am not into but i went just on a big scale...fine:

Dark Souls and the other Soulsborne games after 1, i tried playing the first Dark Souls, i really tried just to see what the hype was around, it just felt like a slow action game that spread somethings to pretend to have deep lore, cool that it's aimless and you can explore and get to a bad area easily, but i think i like my action games to be generally faster and if you consider it a RPG...then with more characters to interact with and more stuff to do.

I just really didn't get into Dark Souls, i did die though, but it's one of those games where generally knowing what is ahead will make you live, and after a while i could go through many encounters first try.

Not the worst thing ever, but it made me not really look into more games in the franchise and make me ponder what the hell Dark Souls 1 has that made so many people crazy for it that i didn't get.

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
Any Truck Simulator, euro or any other kind. Just the titles make me go "Peee Ewww!" Any type of Magic The Gathering-esque digital card game seems boring as balls.

Morenatsu.

Liturgist
Dark Souls and the other Soulsborne games after 1, i tried playing the first Dark Souls, i really tried just to see what the hype was around, it just felt like a slow action game that spread somethings to pretend to have deep lore, cool that it's aimless and you can explore and get to a bad area easily, but i think i like my action games to be generally faster and if you consider it a RPG...then with more characters to interact with and more stuff to do.

I just really didn't get into Dark Souls, i did die though, but it's one of those games where generally knowing what is ahead will make you live, and after a while i could go through many encounters first try.

Not the worst thing ever, but it made me not really look into more games in the franchise and make me ponder what the hell Dark Souls 1 has that made so many people crazy for it that i didn't get.
you sound like a boring person

Silentstorm

Learned
Well, i am, just doubt that not being a big fan of Dark Souls has all that much to do with it.

Also, someone mentioned it, but the recent Mortal Kombat games, Injustice is fine and it's from the same developer, Mortal Kombat however just got too gross for my liking, the fatalities, brutalities and X-Ray attacks are so brutal and disgusting it feels like the game was made according to the wet dreams of a group of serial killers and have imagery that even some slasher movies would look at and say it's too much, in fact, i think when they put horror movie characters in MK, their fatalities were actually less brutal and sadistic than those of the other characters.

Just some scenes make me wince, in a horror game, maybe it would be better, but in a fighting game i want less blood funnily enough, or to have a big sadistic cutscene maybe appearing at the end, at least the first few Mortal Kombat games had the fatalities being much simpler or comedic, Sub-Zero casually ripping someone's head off in MK1 was actually cooler and just enough compared to what everyone in Mortal Kombat does these days.

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Agreed with Ubisoft. All their games look so fucking janky, and I've never played one I actually liked. I bought Splinter Cell as a kid, and I returned it to the store. I also bought Rainbow Six on the PS3, and it was so fucking boring.

I've not seen a single EA game that I wanted to play since Dragon Age: Origins.

I guess I've not played a video game in a long time now, so I guess it doesn't quite matter anyways.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Anything with DRM but otherwise worth playing goes automatically to the bottom of my play list.
Anything with anime artwork.

Nifft Batuff

Prophet
- Any online game.

- Any game with DRM with the exception of cracked games.

- Almost (there are very few exceptions) any remaster/remake/reboot, because they are usually just cashgrabbing cons, and, if they are not, they are worse than the originals due to the introduction of modern "sensibilities". I just use emulators.

Zerth

Arbiter
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
- Numanuma
- fortnite.
- Balan Wonderland.
- Any Zelda "HD" re-release.
- Thief 4.
- Demon Souls PS5.
- Tomb Raider reboot.
- Sonic Forces.

Spacer's Nugget

Learned
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
MMORPGs, MOBAs, Hero Shooters, Looter Shooters, Arena Shooters, Survival Games, "Walking Sims", Horror-focused games, almost every Ubisoft game (especially Assassin's Creed), J-RPGs, Dating Sims, Japanese games in general, etc.

Nifft Batuff

Prophet
We need a petition to stop making remakes. Kids, just play the originals! You don't even need to pay them because you already own them! Just use emulators if you need to run them in modern hardware! Who need remakes?

Silentstorm

Learned
Because younger games genuinely have a harder time with them or would like a new look for the game and some new stuff added to it?

It's also worth pointing out that kids didn't grow with computer gaming of the 80's and early 90's and they have a genuinely harder time getting into interfaces and gameplay styles, even reading a manual is something strange because...games don't have manuals these days and tell everything in-game.

There are some stuff that they may get into, taking notes or drawing maps gets you into the game, but there is just something that makes it harder for newer generations to get into the old games anways, wasn't there an article in 2010 about a teacher giving some classic games to kids to play, and after they got used to them, they could enjoy even Infocom games, but the teacher had to tell them to read the manual for Ultima IV and helped them take notes and just explore the world and do stuff...and the kids found Ultima IV dreadfully boring and it seems quite a few classic CRPG's suffer the same fate.

It's funny, just like there are people who HATE modern sensibilities or anything that makes it too casual, there are people who really really can't get into the old style at all, remakes offer a way of experiencing something old in a new coat of paint.

I recall reading people playing Wasteland Remastered and finding the manual annoying, and while typing things is something they could get used to, just playing the game was a slog to them and they hated even doing macros as they just wanted a faster and easier UI, one can say kids are casuals or what not...but in fairness to them as well, they really didn't grow up playing old style CRPG's and classic computer games for the most part.

Denim Destroyer

Learned
Planet Coaster, I love Roller Coaster Tycoon but there is now way I am spending money a DLC ridden modern knockoff when I can just play OpenRCT until the end of time.

Calthaer

Educated
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I have a grouping in my Steam library designed just for this: games that I tried and hated and won't keep playing. Most of them were little < $5 things.
  • Dear Esther - some people blather on about how artistic this game is; all I saw was a walking sim that gave me motion sickness.
  • Sword of the Stars - supposed to be an indie strategy gem, but I found the interface awful and even doing simple tasks like combining fleets was non-intuitive
  • Zeno Clash - felt like I was playing through someone's drugged out nightmare
  • 2064 Read Only Memories - I must have gotten this at some point without realizing that it was an interactive woke sermon

Last edited:

Moaning_Clock

SmokeSomeFrogs
Developer
I avoid MMORPGs, erotic games and classic sport games.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom