Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

HighFleet - Desert Russians Fight With Warships In Post-Apocalyptic Wasteland

agris

Arcane
Patron
Gondolin this game actually looks interesting and has a gorgeous UI, but your post does it no favors. This isn’t an image board, and most of us aren’t zoomers. We like text and images, not videos intended to maximize monetization through drawn out length.

video was OK, but this isn’t how you introduce a game to the codex.

Gondolin

Arcane
Maybe, but it's up to anyone who clicks on this thread to watch 30 seconds of that video and decide whether they are interested or not. If they are, they can just google the game.

You want text and images? Post them yourself.

agris

Arcane
Patron
87AB4DF3-A933-4C82-8984-48A2E2CAB1B9.jpeg

:backawayslowly:

agris

Arcane
Patron
Fair description, but also an old school aversion to simple/easy presentation that doesn’t tell you anything. Videos are a horrible time waster for the consumer, but immensely convenient as a transmission medium.

Arrowgrab

Arbiter
It's done by the same guy who also made Hammerfight. That was a fun 2D game of steampunk flying contraptions swinging massive swords, flails and whatnot at each other. A bit rough around the edges in some ways, but the action was quite fun. Bodes well for this game, I guess.

laclongquan

Arcane
Kinda like Homeworld but fighting in near-space instead of deep-space.

Could be very interesting. Especially if we can fight over sky of familiar cities. Battle over the Manhattan London Paris Warsaw Beijing Shanghai Tokyo and nuke them yourself?

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
Gondolin this game actually looks interesting and has a gorgeous UI, but your post does it no favors. This isn’t an image board, and most of us aren’t zoomers. We like text and images, not videos intended to maximize monetization through drawn out length.

video was OK, but this isn’t how you introduce a game to the codex.
I will have to agree with Gondolin here. You guys are a bunch of pussies. You know you have the choice of NOT watching a yt video, or did the Codex suddenly prefer a linear experience and is unable to press the Steam link on their own initiative?

Last edited:

DeepOcean

Arcane
The presentation is top notch, the gameplay I'm not sure I like it, it doesnt look like something with enough depth to hold my interest for long.

SerratedBiz

Arcane
Take this shit to reddit, we ain't going to watch some retarded video.

You're trying too hard. It's a fucking hour long video showing you gameplay, there's nothing wrong with it you pretentious dumbfuck. Go google some pics if that's what you want.

mondblut

Arcane
You're trying too hard. It's a fucking hour long video showing you gameplay, there's nothing wrong with it you pretentious dumbfuck. Go google some pics if that's what you want.

I have a thousand better ways to waste a hour of my life than watching something on jewtube like a boomer glued to his televitz.

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
I have a thousand better ways to waste a hour of my life than watching something on jewtube like a boomer glued to his televitz.
You don't have to watch it all, you know? People usually just scroll at random parts of the video to see the actual gameplay, takes like a couple of minutes. Sound is muted if whoever talking in the video had too much soy for breakfast

mondblut

Arcane
You don't have to watch it all, you know? People usually just scroll at random parts of the video to see the actual gameplay, takes like a couple of minutes. Sound is muted if whoever talking in the video had too much soy for breakfast

Screenshots and text description or bust. "Hai guise drop everything and look at this cool video" is fucking tiktok tier of presenting a game.

Unwanted

Savecummer

Latest Doxxer Account
Edgy

Screenshots and text description or bust. "Hai guise drop everything and look at this cool video" is fucking tiktok tier of presenting a game.
would you like to have your cock sucked too, sir?

mondblut

Arcane

would you like to have your cock sucked too, sir?

That's one way to convince me to click on a jewtube link out of the blue, yes.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
Wasn't this in the Tactics subforum? Why was it moved?
I posted my thread in tactics without noticing it was already in strategy. Personally I think this is tactics material, but aside from the nifty UI it may be a bit too simply to be there, so might as well leave it in gaming for now.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Whew. The tutorial alone is like 1h. It is pretty cool, but I have to say that some elements of the gameplay and UI will probably get old fast.

Konstantin is a pretty cool guy:

Protip, if they don't change it for the release:
Dont spend all your cash in the tutorial, that is your budget for the real campaign.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom