Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News The Darkness Below generates a Demo

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: The Darkness Below; vlzvl

The Darkness Below has a new demo available for those looking for some red hot blobber action. The new version apparently offers a character generator for those who like to leave their fate up to chance. You can read more about it on this thread on our forum. Anyhoo, here's some of what you might want to know:

• Windows / Linux / Android*
  • Turn-based moving & battling much like M&M 3-5
  • Interactable items & objects (ground items, levers, doors)
  • 3 maps to explore (Forest, Town & a Dungeon)
  • Prebuilt characters
  • Local / World / Mini map
  • Recruitable companions / NPCs
  • Unlimited saves
  • Fits in a handful of 1.44MB HD disks
  • (*) added soon

Very nice. Godspeed, vlzvl! Kickin' it old school.

Thanks, Finitron!

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I should browse the Workshop forum more often, another dexer title that I've completely missed.

Darkozric

Arbiter
Edgy
This reminded me that Greek dude with the hilarious situation of "Eye of the Beholder 4". I wonder if this dude is still alive. At least this one is turn-based. :D

Fluent

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
this looks so good i had to comment. thank u for making it! quick question, will this be on steam eventually? i really hope so, u might garner quite a few sales on there with this sort of goodness. :) take care. <3

vlzvl

Arcane
Developer
this looks so good i had to comment. thank u for making it! quick question, will this be on steam eventually? i really hope so, u might garner quite a few sales on there with this sort of goodness. :) take care. <3

Hey, thanx :) Yes, I do plan using the Steam, eventually, after I grow some familiarity with the platform. It was only a matter of which gaming platform seemed easier to start with, not which one to choose :) I do love those Steam reviews & consider them a must, when the time comes. So, don't worry. Thank you for your kind words, you too! :cool:

Fluent

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Hey, thanx :) Yes, I do plan using the Steam, eventually, after grow some familiarity with the platform. It was only a matter of which gaming platform seemed easier to start with, not which one to choose :) I do love those Steam reviews & consider them a must, when the time comes. So, don't worry. Thank you for your kind words, you too! :cool:

that is awesome news, vizvi! u really just made my entire night. :) i have more questions but i feel i should just wait and play and be surprised by it, rather than knowing all the details now. still, it's by far a day one purchase for me, and as i said in the other thread i'll cover it on my youtube channel. just great work here. ok, see ya around, thanks for answering me! <3

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
I don't usually complain about graphics, but the walls, floor, and and ceiling all have the same texture, all in a featureless dungeon.

I still think it has a decent atmosphere. Wolf3D is similar and that game was atmospheric as fuck. I didn't mind the 'sameness' in the Grimock base tileset either.

Alpan

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath
I commend the developer for rolling out his own engine for this game and having done what appears to be a good job wth that.

Tihskael

Learned
How kill doppleganger in the demo ?
He has 100 HP. I don't think its possible without an all clerk or wizard party, maybe not even then. You are not supposed to go there yet. Go to level 2 and meet an NPC which is basically the end of the demo.
I have never played Might & Magic or Eye of the Beholder which inspire this game, but I quite liked this little demo. Props to the developer.

Mightmagic

Augur
He has 100 HP. I don't think its possible without an all clerk or wizard party, maybe not even then. You are not supposed to go there yet. Go to level 2 and meet an NPC which is basically the end of the demo.
I have never played Might & Magic or Eye of the Beholder which inspire this game, but I quite liked this little demo. Props to the developer.
I have finished demo. It's the only place that stay to visit. We can go here because there is a teleporter.

vlzvl

Arcane
Developer
I have finished demo. It's the only place that stay to visit. We can go here because there is a teleporter.

There was a planned event around the teleporter that warned you to be careful "around these parts" but its required some ability check (perception or some secondary skill) and that isn't fully developed, just yet. I just decided to leave that out and keep the teleporter in. In short, this area the teleport leads you works like a "trap", unless you have a party full of casters and a bit of luck :cool:

Murk

Arcane
Powerful Lands of Lore 1 vibes.

I'm not a huge blobber fan, but this looks pretty good tbh.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom