Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What if we split the Codex into two sites: RPG Codex + Political Codex?

What do you think about splitting the politics out to a separate stand-alone website + forums?

• THIS SOUNDS LIKE A GREAT IDEA

Votes: 137 37.8%
  • Over my dead body

Votes: 133 36.7%
  • kingcomrade

Votes: 92 25.4%

• Total voters

Corvinus

Arcane
There are people who engage in life-long crusade about something they don't like (RTWP, story focus). Which is again insane. It is like going to chocolate lover's club meeting to say that chocolate looks and tastes like shit. And repeating that for years.

But that's the time-honoured Codex Experience®! If you aren't threatening someone with rape, torture and merciless extermination over where the dialog box shows up in the UI, you are doing it wrong!

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
It is almost like someone was orchestrating the whole thing for their own benefit...

It's doesn't need to be orchestrated. Once the left gained power to cancel people it's natural that the ones that grew in power are people who don't fear being cancelled. Like the far right.

It is really hard to say whether it is just stupidity or intentional malice.

I mean, we have conversations about "colonialism" in our universities. In a country that has never had any colonies, has been practically and literally enslaved and destitute until mid 1900. Or "white guilt". For race that was subject to cranial studies just a hundred years ago.

American cultural imperialism, imported by stupid ignorant people... or intentionally pushed forward to destabilise the Western civilization. Who knows. In any case, the way it happened feels very unnatural.

Left wing push is completely artificial and obviously backed by mega-corporations, but rise of right wing populism or extremism as a reaction is completely natural.

Unwanted

Sweeper

Unwanted
Zionist Agent
I like how all these politics posters Ive never heard of came out of their politics hole to vote and comment in this thread.

Let’s be honest, there’s already two rpgcodexes in this forum. Might as well make it official.
Grow up dude. Politics is infinitely more interesting than vidya.
Left wing push is completely artificial and obviously backed by mega-corporations, but rise of right wing populism or extremism as a reaction is completely natural.
This but unironically.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Grow up dude. Politics is infinitely more interesting than vidya.
Politics aren't more interesting than videogames. The writing usually sucks and every chapter is filled with glaring plotholes, characters are unbelievable and unrelatable, and every story always ends in the same exact way (surprise: it's the jews, what a twist!).

Unwanted

Sweeper

Unwanted
Zionist Agent
Politics aren't more interesting than videogames. The writing usually sucks and every chapter is filled with glaring plotholes, characters are unbelievable and unrelatable, and every story always ends in the same exact way (surprise: it's the jews, what a twist!).
One directly affects your life in a profound way, the other is a child's pass time.
:liberals:

leino

Cipher
One directly affects your life in a profound way, the other is a child's pass time.
:liberals:
Yea games are rad.

saeci

Arcane
Last time cops showed on DarkUnderlord doorstep cause of some bullshit harassment complaint from codex he almost sold codex and fled to latin america. Whats going to happen when glowies show up and harass him about hate speech or whatever his police state cooks up? Will he go comatose on the spot? The whole premise of this new forum is garbage, there is no central ground in politics anymore. Anyone who says otherwise is a fence riding shit stain.

Lady Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Starting a free speech forum dedicated to politics right now is kind of a declaration of war, with all that this implies. Are you prepared to deal with the counter-attacks?

As has been said, the free speech political discussion here works because it is hidden on a gaming website.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
I think we can find a central ground.

Common ground? Some users have SA songs in their sig, others post extermination phantasies at every opportunity. No moderation my ass. I think there is no common ground and streamlining the Codex would be a the cleanest solution.

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
As has been said, the free speech political discussion here works because it is hidden on a gaming website.
I guess this really encapsulates the mindset of the /pol/sters here. They really aren't on the 'dex for the games but just because it's a nice cover.

Why not both, I like to play games and talk freely.

The codex reminds me of a discord chat on call of duty where everybody is calling each other niggers.

Lady Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
They really aren't on the 'dex for the games but just because it's a nice cover.

Good new games are a rarity. Lots of other topics to talk about with people from around the world.

Stop pretending that talking exclusively about games makes you somehow more prestigious, especially if you are over 30.

Grim Monk

Arcane
The reframe "I don't want to think about politics just play video games!" is perfectly understandable but naive...

Politics can majorly affect other things people are interested in such as video games.

If a talented developer isn't able to work on a cool project because they are too busy dealing with being extralegally declared a "ultra bad person of the week".
If press stirs up a moral panic about a game your interested in for partisan points.
If developers are preemptively alter or even discard their creative vision due to being frightened of potential "controversy".

Your gaming experience has been impacted.

The Political is Personal!

Last edited:

Mustawd

Sounds very Something Awful-like. Apparently the paid sub didn't help in that situation either.

Mustawd

Imagine going to a gaming forum and talking about gaming. Imagine that. Now, wake up and see the wasteland of /pol/ edgelords we have now.

I'd rather have diarrhea.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom