Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What if we split the Codex into two sites: RPG Codex + Political Codex?

What do you think about splitting the politics out to a separate stand-alone website + forums?

• THIS SOUNDS LIKE A GREAT IDEA

Votes: 137 37.8%
  • Over my dead body

Votes: 133 36.7%
  • kingcomrade

Votes: 92 25.4%

• Total voters

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Sorry, it is delusional to not want to talk about politics in games when the people who make games these days do nothing but throw their political views in your face.

"The Right"/"Conservatives"/"Nazis" didn't start this. All politics that get inserted into media started out as left-leaning in the 90s and turned to leftist extremism by today.

Zibniyat

Arcane
Imagine going to a gaming forum and talking about gaming. Imagine that. Now, wake up and see the wasteland of /pol/ edgelords we have now.

I'd rather have diarrhea.

You are way too butthurt, and I seem to remember you having several meltdowns which you publicly displayed for days (perhaps even weeks) regarding things unrelated to games. You also have repeatedly gone on prolonged periods of time absent on these forums, and every time you show up you like to pretend how you are a voice of reason and totally mature. Perhaps someone of your mental fortitude, which if these meltdowns are anything to go by is rather low, shouldn't be making conclusions about what other people should do with their free time, and what they should talk about. On a forum which has traditionally allowed all legal discussion.

Another thing is your fallacious reasoning that people should discuss just this or that, nothing stops anyone from discussing anything, both games and politics, as is proper.

To all the butthurt brigade, may I recommend the option of ignoring the "problematic" forums entirely? There is literally an option "ignore this forum" for both Politics and GD, as well as all the others, and if it bothers you that there exist a few dozen active users who actively discuss politics somewhere around here, then feel free to solve the problem entirely by simply ignoring the whole forum(s). What exactly is the problem anyway? That people talk about the politics at all? Now that is one pretty idiotic and irrational position to have. That they have "disgusting opinions"? Then may I recommend you grow up and accept the world as it is, and inevitably it will have a sizeable portion of those with "disgusting opinions". And level up your mental fortitude and other attributes which will enable you to deal with such a reality.

Unwanted

Sweeper

Unwanted
Zionist Agent
Imagine going to a gaming forum and talking about gaming. Imagine that. Now, wake up and see the wasteland of /pol/ edgelords we have now.

I'd rather have diarrhea.
The forum is already split. I'll stick to my side of the Codex, and you go talk about sucking trannies off in your game threads. Okay?

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
What exactly is the problem anyway? That people talk about the politics at all?

No, we have plenty of people who like RPGs and occasionally talk politics.

It is the 1% that is the problem.

SjticyX.png

Vatnik Wumao

SjticyX.png
:prosper:

"Nooo, you shouldn't derail non-GD threads with political topics."
"Ok, then I'll have those political conversations in GD."
"Nooo, delete GD!"

Zibniyat

Arcane

SjticyX.png

Why? Why exactly are they the problem? You can ignore people. You can ignore whole forums. Where's the problem?

I'll answer it for you: there isn't. Literally a made-up issue easily solvable by using the tools the forum offers to every single member here, from ignoring members, ignoring forums, to even reporting posts deemed extreme. You just hate it that there are people who simply freely use the forum space for what is completely normal and allowed... or it was so up until a few days ago.

You are the problem, and to yourself first.

Mustawd

You are way too butthurt

You got all that from two sentences?

And yes, we all have our embarrassing times in our lives, but the forum knows I was a drunk, so what else is new? The only reason you're bringing it up it because you obviously don't have a lot of actual arguments, so I guess you're just resorting to personal insults.

Look all trolling aside, I think it's fair to say that the constant parade of politically oriented posts is tiresome. Its's tiresome in shoutbox. It's tiresome in GRPG forums. It's tiresome in General Gaming forums, and it's tiresome in Off Topic threads.

It might be less tiresome if we all took a chill pill and remember that the reason we're here is to discuss video games, with an emphasis in RPGs. And yes, some games have political agendas. I think it's fair to point that out, ok fine. But threads are routinely derailed to just focus on the politics piece.

Again it's tiresome. If anything comes of this thread is to at least voice the opinion that that shit is annoying. That's all.

Vatnik Wumao
It might be less tiresome if we all took a chill pill and remember that the reason we're here is to discuss video games, with an emphasis in RPGs. And yes, some games have political agendas. I think it's fair to point that out, ok fine. But threads are routinely derailed to just focus on the politics piece.
And you somehow think that removing the place where such discussions could be contained would somehow improve the quality of vidya-related threads?

I really can't tell if people such as you are being oblivious or not to the fact that 'cleaning' vidya threads would require draconian rules and their full enforcement by the administration. GD at the very least incentivizes for fully political topics to be debated separately out of the users' own initiative, while your puritanical notion of a forcefully depoliticized 'dex can only lead - if actually put into practice by the forum staff in a consistent manner - to the alienation of a large chunk of the forum's userbase.

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
You are way too butthurt

You got all that from two sentences?

And yes, we all have our embarrassing times in our lives, but the forum knows I was a drunk, so what else is new? The only reason you're bringing it up it because you obviously don't have a lot of actual arguments, so I guess you're just resorting to personal insults.

Look all trolling aside, I think it's fair to say that the constant parade of politically oriented posts is tiresome. Its's tiresome in shoutbox. It's tiresome in GRPG forums. It's tiresome in General Gaming forums, and it's tiresome in Off Topic threads.

Again it's tiresome. If anything comes of this thread is to at least voice the opinion that that shit is annoying. That's all.

D-egSxZU8AA-GoJ.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom