Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Battle Brothers + Beasts & Exploration, Warriors of the North and Blazing Deserts DLC Thread

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Serus

Arcane
Patron
My first was the first one of the series but i am not very nostalgic about it. I liked it back then but objectively it is too simple to be of interest compared to any of the sequels. It had lovely art though, the least serious, the most fairytale kind of mood.

I started another campaign of Battle Brothers and i swear to god of all computer turn-based tactical games - this time i'll make a fencer (and one that won't die before reaching level 11). Obviously this time i won't be able to find any named fencing sword but c'est la vie.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://battlebrothersgame.com/anniversary-sale/

ANNIVERSARY SALE

Time flies by and Battle Brothers celebrates its 6th anniversary!

Indeed, it’s been six years already since Battle Brothers first entered the stage on April 27th, 2015 as an Early Access game. On the way it gained the perfidious Goblins, a trove of deadly weapons and lots of content, such as the endearing melon mugger and the ability to sacrifice your own men to Davkul, before graduating to a fully released game on March 24th, 2017. No less than 3 expansion-sized DLCs followed, and the game saw a release on the Nintendo Switch.

All throughout this time you’ve provided us with valuable feedback, encouragement and support. Thank you! :)

To celebrate our anniversary, the game and all DLCs are on sale until Sunday! You can get them on Steam or GOG.

Last edited by a moderator:

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
and to think how many of those years they called the game finished with no plans for expansions lmau

Ironmonk

Augur
I'll soon start playing Battle Brothers + all 3 DLCs for the first time. Are there any mods that are a must even for a first time playthrough?

I made a quick search and found about the Legends mod, the Tweaks and Fixes as well as two convenience mods (Smart Recruiter and Settlement Situation Tooltips). Should I get one or more of these?

well... I will give one quick lifesaving tip: Avoid mods that change the frequency of events, somehow it fucks the events system to the point that while iniatially everything is fine, around day 70 all events stop. I lost 2 playthroughs to this shit.

And probably its better to avoid all mods on your first playthrough to learn the game and see what you don't like, so that you know what to look for when checking all mods available (there aren't a lot).

Tigranes

Arcane
I'll soon start playing Battle Brothers + all 3 DLCs for the first time. Are there any mods that are a must even for a first time playthrough?

I made a quick search and found about the Legends mod, the Tweaks and Fixes as well as two convenience mods (Smart Recruiter and Settlement Situation Tooltips). Should I get one or more of these?

BB doesn't really need mods, and you will be playing a lot of new companies instead of doing one save for a gazillion hours. Jump in and start playing, you're totally fine. There's nothing obviously broken about the game, and you should make your own choices later about what mods you want if any.

Legends changes a lot of things and does its own thing.

Darth Canoli

Arcane

Legends only, if you want more, there is some mods that are compatible with legends but expect some bugs even so.
If you never played the game, it's alright to play BB without any mod or just get: "turn it in" (it's included in the latest legends build), it allows you to turn some quest to any of the faction settlement for the ones requiring a lot of walking, it's just a life saver.

Power of magic + legends is a great combo but it's mostly for those who already played many of the extra cool legends origins.

Last edited:

ColaWerewolf

Educated
Convince me Legends mod isn't trash. I never played it, but that's because it reeks of trash.

"Camp" looks like a smorgasbord of different cropped pictures spaced out. It's so uncanny that it makes Daggerfall placement seem human by comparison.
Useless bloat like female gender inclusion, tons of items that clearly don't fit with the rest of the game aesthetic, cheap enemy reskins.

Tigranes

Arcane
I don't play Legends. Nothing wrong with it if you enjoy it, but it absolutely doesn't make sense to recommend it as a 'base' install. It's a total overhaul mod.

Brancaleone

Liturgist

well... I will give one quick lifesaving tip: Avoid mods that change the frequency of events, somehow it fucks the events system to the point that while iniatially everything is fine, around day 70 all events stop. I lost 2 playthroughs to this shit.

And probably its better to avoid all mods on your first playthrough to learn the game and see what you don't like, so that you know what to look for when checking all mods available (there aren't a lot).
I tend to get it quite often, only the other way around (or maybe it's just that it is more noticeable that way, since many events are one time only, and if you get them early you'll never get them again): no background-related events for 60-70-80 days, then it's like a switch flips, and I can barely take two consecutive steps without my monk crafting holy water or my historian summoning succubi. I never have mods installed, and I tend to choose backgrounds with a lot of events for flavor, so those first 60-70-80 days really stand out.

*-*/\--/\~

Cipher
*I vote Leia but it is a close call
Bullshit. Obviously Chewie has to deal with higher body temperature on account of all that fur.
Do wookies perspire or do they get rid of excess heat like dogs?
Have you seen Chewie pant? Me neither.

aqny5Xj_460swp.webp

Old One

Arcane
FWIW I finally bought the base game since it's on sale right now. I started a tutorial campaign, and I'm still playing it hours later. Super fun.

I just bought all the DLCs for my first "real" game, whenever that begins.

Old One

Arcane
If you have any questions, you came to the right place. Well, maybe not the "right" place but you could have ended in even worse one.

It's too late. I'm already aware of what this place is like.

So far I'm having success by spacing my archers in the front line. They fire first, then my shield tanks move around them to form a wall in front with lightly armored pikers behind.

I just wish this game had cavalry. Maybe it does and I haven't seen it yet. I guess war dogs perform that role to some extent.

Old One

Arcane
I just wish this game had cavalry. Maybe it does and I haven't seen it yet.
It doesn't. Only cavalry in game are goblin wolf riders.

Frankly, I'm kind of curious about making a company of about 90% missile bros, or even 100%. They'd have to be light and fast with high initiative. After the initial volley some could lead the enemies on while others fire.

I'm sure it's been tried.

Kalarion

Serial Ratist
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Frankly, I'm kind of curious about making a company of about 90% missile bros, or even 100%. They'd have to be light and fast with high initiative. After the initial volley some could lead the enemies on while others fire.

I don't think it's ever been tried, at least not here. I'd love to see the results of such a run. I don't see it being viable though. As soon as a serious crisis hit you'd be fucked by sheer numbers. Archerbros can mow down units like wheat, but they need distance and time. And when it's 10-12 archerbros vs. 30+ endgame units (mixed Orc Zerks/Warriors/Warlords with a Goblin Shaman, or a Noble House Knight Company, or God help you, an Ancient Legion Honorguard+Necrosavant doomball), you suddenly lose both required ingredients. With the undead crisis in particular, and undead in general, you do crap damage to their hp per shot. Ancient Empire troops will walk right through the rain and poke you to death. And Necrosavants will just... well I'll let you discover that joy on your own :D.

I could see a 50-60% (6-8) archerbro run with the rest being absolute unit shieldbros that can hold the line against 3-5 opponents each. Maybe spec'd for axes and hammers, to break through shields and armor quickly v. undead.

Is anyone aware of the specific mechanics regarding recruiting pools (how often they refresh, whether save/load affects cycling, the effect of hiring and firing just 1-2 recruits vs. all available etc)? I made the mistake of taking the 3x 3 star recruit ambition, and it's killing me trying to find one.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I just wish this game had cavalry. Maybe it does and I haven't seen it yet.
It doesn't. Only cavalry in game are goblin wolf riders.

That was the true definition of glas cannon for me.Just had 2 shield bros and others were all ranged.
It was effective till it wasn't...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom