Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Icewind Dale Beamdog's Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition

Metal Hurlant

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
- System Requirements have changed:
Minimum: Windows 7, 8.1, 10 64-bit, OS X 10.9, Ubuntu 18.04 or equivalent
- Please check your device meets the updated System Requirements before testing
- Make sure your device supports 64-bit games

Is that the only change? Also, WTF? Why?

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Big wtf for me. I'm p sure my Windows version is 32 bit. Great time to have just bought IWDEE I guess.
Can't you just not update your game?
Yes. I own it on GOG which has streamlined downgrading built in so all is fine. Either way I checked and I do indeed have a 64bit OS; seems I had upgraded it at some point and forgotten about it. I'm not sure why they changed the .exe to a 64 bit one either way. One though I have is if Beamdog is working on an entirely new game based on their updated infinity engine and they opted to update it to a 64bit version and wanted to streamline their previous releases to the same engine version.

Last edited:

Gargaune

Magister
Yes. I own it on GOG which has streamlined downgrading built in so all is fine. Either way I checked and I do indeed have a 64bit OS; seems I had upgraded it at some point and forgotten about it. I'm not sure why they changed the .exe to a 64 bit one either way. One though I have is if Beamdog is working on an entirely new game based on their updated infinity engine and they opted to update it to a 64bit version and wanted to streamline their previous releases to the same engine version.
I can't say this enough, ditch Galaxy and work with the offline installers, just save a copy of your 2.5 setup files somewhere and stick with it. The 2.3 iteration was fine enough as-is, no point in screwing with mods compatibility in the absence of any killer features.

I might try the 2.6 update on my BG2 EE, since I mistakenly updated that to 2.5 and the notorious sprite stacking bug, but my BG1 EE is still on 2.3 and will stay that way. So I miss out on the Priest of Tempus kit, big whoop.

adddeed

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
Question, i know that PST Enhanced is crap and buggy, is IceWindDale enhanced ok to play through or is it original only?

Xeon

Augur
IWDEE was pretty solid when I played it, I don't think I encountered any problems or anything.

adddeed

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
Awesome. Playing through BG2 enghanced now and no issues either. Seems like they botched PST ehnanced for some reason.

Gargaune

Magister
i know that PST Enhanced is crap and buggy
Do you? I dunno about recent builds, but I played it shortly after release and it was solid.

As for the others, I only did a full playthrough of IWD EE a few years ago, but it was also smooth. Didn't have severe issues with the BG EEs on 2.x either, except for this infuriating pathfinding bug introduced by 2.5. You'll see people report various smaller bugs, like spell X not calculating Y correctly, but I didn't run into any gamebreaking issues.

Butter

Arcane
Patron
If you pick one of the BG2-imported kits, your character biography is that of Gorion's Ward. Beamdog never noticed this while developing the game.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/321800/view/5804552870192270807

Patch 2.6 Launches Today!
Major Update Arrives for Icewind Dale, Baldur's Gate, and Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Editions

We just launched Patch 2.6 for Baldur's Gate, Baldur's Gate II, Siege of Dragonspear and Icewind Dale Enhanced Editions.

This massive patch upgrades the games to 64-bit systems, fixes hundreds of bugs, and adds brand new portraits & voice sets to customize your heroes— including two sets from the legendary Mark Meer (voice of Commander Shepherd in Mass Effect)!

Huge thanks to our heroic community for their tireless adventuring in beta builds for this mammoth patch. Thank You!

Note:
Patch 2.6 won't fix every issue in the games, but don't worry— we're still working on future updates!

Check out full patch details below...
fe24d553e78c8d8d48e3bc7bc8524ec3fc3034d1.gif

Patch Highlights
  • Upgrade to 64-Bit
    | A much needed upgrade for modern machines— this improves system compatibility
  • 7 New Character Voice Sets
    | New player voice sets, including two from the legendary Mark Meer reprising his roles as Alveus Malcanter and Baeloth Barrityl
  • 11 New Character Portraits
    | New character portraits to customize your hero’s look
  • Hundreds of Bug Fixes
    | Includes scores of fixes to spells and hero abilities
  • Improved Pathfinding | Smoother party movement and navigation
  • New Localizations
    | Added Brazilian Portuguese and Chinese (Simplified) text localizations to Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition

Attention! Known Issues
  • New System Requirements
    | 32-bit operating systems are no longer supported. Check out the updated system requirements below, or visit game pages for details.
  • Crossplay with Mobile
    | Crossplay between computers and mobile devices will not be available until we release the 2.6 patch for iOS and Android (this is in the works!!).
  • Multiplayer Latency
    | Some players report multiplayer latency (delay in communication between game clients)
  • French Localizations in Beta
    | We consider the new French text localization to be a beta release. We welcome feedback from the community!
  • Haste Spell
    | The spell works correctly, but the combat log doesn't reflect the correct double speed/damage that is taking place

706045ce4cb0b982e9faa1d55aa5fc6e22012433.png

Updates | All Games
These updates appear in Baldur's Gate, Baldur's Gate II, and Icewind Dale Enhanced Editions. Updates that only appear in Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition can be found further down the list

Upgrade to 64-bit
This upgrade improves system compatibility, including the 64-bit requirement for macOS. 32 bit-operating systems are no longer supported.

New Character Options
  • 11 New Character Portraits | New character portraits to customize your hero’s look
  • 7 New Character Voice Sets | New player voice sets to customize your hero's battle cries
  • Mark Meer | The legendary Mark Meer reprises his roles as Alveus Malcanter (the most major of minor mages) and Baeloth Barrityl (The Entertainer of the Black Pits)
  • CEO & Co. | You'll also be treated to the barbarian battle cries of Beamdog CEO, Trent Oster (who
    lost his voice for a few days after the recording session), plus four more Beamdog team voices!

f51cf0251b913da6918f9ad54e3448689f5d8a42.png

Mark Meer voiced the Enhanced Edition characters, Alveus Malcanter and Baeloth Barrityl. New voice sets let you use these character voices for your hero! (Images left to right: Alveus Illustration, Baeloth Illustration, Photo of Mark Meer as Baeloth)

Multiplayer Improvements
  • Area Names | Area names now display correctly on multiplayer saves
  • Character Imports | Fixed issue with multiplayer character imports, specifically thief skills
  • Chat Hotkey | Added a hotkey for multiplayer chat: hit “T” to open the chat
  • Crash Fixes | Fixed several multiplayer crashes
  • Client Connection | Fixed a few conditions preventing client connection
  • Error Handling | Improved internal error handling
  • Host Reload | Hosts reloading no longer cause clients to get stuck in level-up
  • New Characters | New characters joining multiplayer sessions no longer receive default equipment
  • Player Familiars | Player familiars and their stat blocks now load correctly in multiplayer games
  • Time Played | Fixed error in multiplayer time played information
  • Troubleshooting | Improved multiplayer troubleshooting by adding a network.log file and a fix to how the jingle.log file resets

General Fixes
  • Character Imports | Advanced AI now loads correctly with character imports
  • German Font | Fixed German text font size in menu for character voice selection
  • Item Comparison | You can now disable item comparison
  • Map | Fixed visual issues in map area backgrounds
  • Text Input | You no longer need to click before typing in text inputs— the cursor will remain active

Abilities, Spells & Magic
  • Aid Bonuses | Aid bonuses to hits and damage now display correctly on the inventory screen, and the status icon displays on the character record screen
  • Bigby’s Hand Spells | Updated spell graphics and fixed saving throws for Bigby’s Clenched Fist and Bigby’s Crushing Hand
  • Breach | Breach now uses projectiles and visuals consistent with the other spell protection removal spells
  • Detect Illusion | Corrected the casting range on Detect Illusion
  • Call Lightning and Pillar Spells | Effects that involve pillar animations, such as Call Lightning have been remastered into a single animation sequence rather than several stacked animations
  • Chaos Shield | Chaos Shield and Improved Chaos Shield now use graphics distinct from Miscast Magic
  • Chaotic Commands | Chaotic Commands now use the correct projectiles at all levels
  • Cloud Projectiles | Updated Cloud Projectiles so they are cleared by Zone of Sweet Air
  • Cloud Spells | Several Cloud Spell visual effects have been updated to match their color descriptions (including Cloudkill, Stinking Cloud, Death Fog, and Incendiary Cloud)
  • Club Proficiency | Club proficiency now displays correctly on character records
  • Fire and Cold | Fire and cold graphics of numerous items, spells, and abilities have been recolored to appear more realistic
  • Fire Shields and Blade Barriers | Fire shields and similar effects no longer display text feedback if the striking creature is out of range of the struck creature
  • Fire Shields and Blade Barriers | Damage suffered when striking a protected creature now ignores mirror image
  • Fire Shields and Blade Barriers | These spells may now be refreshed before their durations expire
  • Fireball | Updated visual effects for the Fireball spell and for items that use Fireball style explosions
  • Haste Scrolls | Haste Scrolls now correctly target an area rather than a particular creature
  • Hit Dice | Spells affecting creatures based on their hit dice now work as expected
  • HP Drain | Spells that drain HP now work as expected, and cannot drain more HP than available from a target
  • Invisibility, 10' Radius | Invisibility, 10' Radius now no longer affects enemies and uses a 10 foot radius area of effect
  • Lightning Bolt | Lightning Bolt was restored to behave as it did in the original games (the first creature in a targeted line takes no damage, while the creatures further down the line take lightning damage)
  • Magic Resistance | Spells such as Glitterdust, Contagion, and Otiluke’s Freezing Sphere no longer bypass magic resistance
  • Melf's Minute Meteors | Updated damage type from piercing to missile
  • Movement Effects | Movement effects from spells such as Entangle now relate properly with stacking or counteracting effects from spells or the environment
  • Non-Detection | Spells blocked by Non-Detection will no longer play visuals or sound effects on targeted creatures
  • Physical Mirror | Physical Mirror effects now have consistent duration and dispel behavior
  • Poison Immunity | Creatures immune to poison no longer visibly recoil in combat when hit by poison or disease effects
  • Polymorph Self | Fixed inconsistencies, casting time and minor issues with Polymorph Self
  • Power Levels | Corrected the power level of several items and spells to make sure they interact properly with spell protections, such as Spell Turning or Globe of Invulnerability
  • Power Word and Symbol Spells | audio and visual spell effects will only play if targets are actually affected by the spell
  • Projectile Speeds | Updated projectile speeds so they are more consistent
  • Projectile Speeds | Thrown darts and dagger speeds have been sped up to appear more realistic
  • Priests of Tyr | Divine Favor and Exaltation now play expected graphics and sounds
  • Priests of Tempus | Chaos of Battle now plays different animations on allies and opponents
  • Psionic Blast | Description for Psionic Blast now appears in the innate ability menu when you shapechange into a Mind Flayer
  • Raise Dead & Resurrection | Raise Dead and Resurrection type spells can no longer be cast on living targets, only dead targets
  • Recurring Effects | Spells and items with effects that refresh each round now reapply the recurring effect properly
  • Regeneration | Updated Regeneration status icon used on portraits
  • Repulse Undead | Aligned School of Magic for Repulse Undead’s parent and child spells
  • Saving Throws | Corrected saving throw messages and functionality on a handful of spells and magic items
  • Shaman Spirits | The spirit animals summoned by shamanic dancing are now correctly dispelled when they reach the edge of the shaman’s visual range
  • Shamanic Spells | Shamanic spells and abilities now play consistent visual effects with “shamanic themed” colors
  • Shapechange | Fixed inconsistencies, casting time and minor issues with Shapechange
  • Simulacrums | Simulacrums and Projected Images no longer incorrectly inherit temporary abilities from casters
  • Sleep & Unconsciousness | Fixed a few minor issues in the Sleep and Unconsciousness effects; status icons on character record screen now differentiate between Sleep and Unconsciousness
  • Spell and Potion Icons | Added or updated portrait icons to portray suitable magical effects for several spells, potions and abilities
  • Spell Protection Removal | Spell Protection Removal spells may now be cast onto invisible creatures
  • Spell Target Glow | Creatures targeted by spells now glow consistently
  • Spellstrike | Spellstrike now uses projectiles and visuals consistent with the other spell protection removal spells
  • Spirit Armor | Spirit Armor saving throws now work as expected
  • Spirit Fire | Aligned School of Magic for Spirit Fire’s parent and child spells
  • Time Trap | Trap projectile for thieves’ Time Trap ability now plays audio
  • Wish and Limited Wish | These spells now behave correctly as level 9 and level 7 spells when interacting with spell protections

Modding
  • Missiles | Corrected a handful of labelling inconsistencies for missile ids
  • Missiles | MISSILE.ids now accurately label projectiles
  • SPLPROT.2da | Added labels and standardized SPLPROT.2da across Baldur's Gate, Baldur's Gate II and Icewind Dale Enhanced Editions

Updates | Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition
6be0f41dcb0693f824d281b16580a85953cb4cad.png

New Text Localizations
  • Added Brazilian Portuguese text localization
  • Added Chinese (Simplified) text localization

Achievements
  • Final Achievement | The final achievement will be properly awarded upon defeating Belhifet

Items
  • The Eye of the Sword | The Eye of the Sword can no longer be dissipated by the damage from berserker rage
  • Missiles | Corrected a handful of labelling inconsistencies for missile ids
  • Wand of the Heavens | Wand of the Heavens can now target a location instead of forcing you to target a creature
  • Wand of Ice | Wand of Ice now affects a single target
  • Display, Dialogue & Audio
  • Arundel’s Home | Fixed some flickering when entering Arundel’s home during the cutscene
  • The Great Forge | When first entering the Great Forge, the message about the freezing cold will now display as general informative text and not as if it’s coming from a party member

Adventuring
  • Dragon’s Eye | Fixed the icon on one of the chests in the bottom level of Dragon’s Eye which was using a body icon instead of a chest
  • Tiers of the Dead | The correct cursor now displays on the info regions in the Tiers of the Dead
  • Order of the Kraken Mansion | The correct cursor now displays on the info regions in the garden and second floor of the Order of the Kraken Mansion
  • Familiars | Familiars no longer block progression of the game if they are sent up the eastern stairs in Anauroch Castle
  • Ilmadia’s Area | One of the giants in Ilmadia’s area should turn hostile when provoked via dialogue
  • Severed Hand | Added “outdoors” and “day/night” flags to some areas
  • Temple of the Forgotten God | The multiplayer chat box no longer blocks the transition area to the third level in the Temple of the Forgotten God

Spells | Audio & Visual Effects
09e2399f6c5df0094f1d269106b57f02b951dc65.gif

Hundreds of Spell Effects were refreshed or restored! Some spells used effects from the Baldur’s Gate enhanced edition series. We reviewed every spell in Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition to make sure the effects match the classic style of Icewind Dale.
  • Refreshed Visuals | Spells updated to use Icewind Dale style visuals: Acid Storm, Cloudkill, Death Fog, Death Ward, Fireball (and Fireball Projectiles), Flameblade, Ghoul Touch, Greater Restoration, Lesser Restoration, Negative Plane Protection, Otiluke’s Freezing Sphere, Shield of the Archons, and Stinking Cloud
  • Refreshed Audio | Spells updated to use Icewind Dale style audio: Barkskin, Chromatic Orb, Defensive Harmony, Protection from Evil, and Magic Resistance
  • Restored Visuals | Spells restored to original effects from Icewind Dale: Cause Wounds (all variants), Confusion, Chaos Spells, Cure Medium Wounds, Fire Seeds, Flame Blade, Rigid Thinking, Sunfire, and Soul Eater
  • Restored Audio | Spells restored to original effects from Icewind Dale: Strength
  • Restored Target Glow | Restored slight glow surrounding spell targets from original Icewind Dale: All Spells
  • Missing Magic Effects | Spells that lacked audio or visual effects now play them: Animal Rage, Blood Rage, Cat’s Grace, Detect Evil, Darts of Bone, Emotion: Courage, Emotion: Hope, Iron Body: Trollish Fortitude, Moonblade, Mordenkainen’s Sword, Physical Mirror, and Vocalize
  • Status Icons | Additional portrait icons have been added and applied to spells as appropriate
  • Summoning Effects | Summoning effects now use Icewind Dale style graphics and audio

Abilities, Spells & Magic
  • Animal Rage | Animal Rage can now only be cast on allies
  • Antimagic Shell | Casting Antimagic Shell no longer produces lines of redundant feedback
  • Antimagic Shell | Antimagic Shell now properly checks whether deafness and blindness can be dispelled
  • Beltyn’s Burning Blood | Saving throws against Beltyn’s Burning Blood are now rolled once per round as per the spell description
  • Chaos Shield | Chaos Shield and Improved Chaos Shield now use graphics distinct from Miscast Magic
  • Cloak of Fear | Aligned School of Magic for Cloak of Fear’s parent and child spells
  • Comet | Fixed the Comet spell to allow for projectile support
  • Contagion | Contagion no longer bypasses magic resistance
  • Contingency | Fixed issue where Contingency spells could not be removed
  • Death Fog | Aligned School of Magic for Death Fog’s parent and child spells
  • Death Ward | Death Ward now covers all instant-death spells, as expected
  • Death Ward | Death Ward visuals have been updated to better suit the style of Icewind Dale
  • Detect Invisibility | Detect Invisibility will now interact with magic resistance and spell protections correctly
  • Divine Spellcasting | Miscast Magic will now affect divine spellcasting
  • Invisibility Purge | Invisibility Purge will now interact with magic resistance and spell protections correctly
  • Enchanted Weapon | Enchanted Weapon now behaves as it does in Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition
  • Entangle | Visuals for Entangle are now more distinct and easier to see, while the audio is now quieter and less intrusive
  • Favor of Ilmater | Favor of Ilmater no longer plays its graphics on the caster when cast on an ineligible target
  • Flame Arrow | Flame Arrow will not play visuals and other effects when blocked by magic resistance
  • Free Action | Free Action no longer blocks Ghoul Touch if the caster is affected by Free Action
  • Golem Haste and Golem Slow | Haste and Slow cast by Golems no longer affect monks of level 5 or higher
  • Holy Power | After years of prayer and introspection, the Priests of Tempus are now receiving their innate Holy Power ability
  • Horror | Horror now plays the correct feedback message when cast on unnatural creatures, such as golems
  • Immunities | Fixed several spells so they no longer affect creatures who are supposed to be immune
  • Knock | Knock will no longer play its audio and visual cues when targeted on a creature
  • Lance of Disruption | The spell now uses a unique new projectile to differentiate it from Alicorn Lance, and the projectile travels a limited distance as stated in the description
  • Lich Touch | Lich Touch now properly paralyzes its targets.
  • Magic Missiles | Magic Missiles spell will now play their sounds and visuals when damaging a target, in spite of magic resistance
  • Magic Missiles | Magic Missiles cast via wands or other sources now use the same effects as the Magic Missile Spell
  • Mind Blank | Fixed casting and expiry times for Mind Blank
  • Mind Blank | Mind Blank now uses a custom portrait icon
  • Mordenkainen’s Force Missiles | Removed a small delay between Mordenkainen’s Force Missiles striking their target and then inflicting their secondary concussive damage
  • Otiluke’s Resilient Sphere | Aligned School of Magic for Otiluke’s Resilient Sphere’s parent and child spells
  • Repulse Undead | Aligned School of Magic for Repulse Undead’s parent and child spells
  • Shroud of Flame | The spell now works as stated in the spell description and is fully contagious
  • Soul Eater | Aligned school of magic for Soul Eater’s parent and child spells
  • Spirit Fire | Aligned School of Magic for Spirit Fire’s parent and child spells
  • Spiritual Wrath | You can now target Spiritual Wrath by selecting a location when casting
  • Spiritual Wrath | Spiritual Wrath now uses a unique new projectile and works as expected from the spell description
  • Thief Evasion | The Thief Evasion ability will now cover area-of-effect spells and abilities properly, such as Delayed Blast Fireball, Meteor Swarm, and Spike Stones
  • Vitriolic Sphere | Aligned School of Magic for Vitriolic Sphere’s parent and child spells
  • Vitriolic Sphere | Primary targets of Vitriolic Sphere will no longer take additional splash damage, as it is already reflected in the damage
  • Vitriolic Sphere | Saving throws for Vitriolic Sphere now work as expected
  • Wild Surges | Wild Surges now use Icewind Dale style visuals and sound effects

Modding
  • Comet | Fixed the Comet spell to allow for projectile support

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Why is this poorly photoshopped pic of some random ass clown in a wig considered OK for a portrait? How the fuck does this work with the rest of the game portraits aesthetic? Fuck. Nice self insert, whoever fucking did this. Cunt. Doesn't care that it makes the game worse, just wants to self insert. Asshole. Who's this cunt?

80656d0b9b40974bd1eeea71de7db6c1.jpg

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Lmao, imagine doing that in Icewind Dale of all games, the one with the best portraits in any RPG ever made. Now everytime i select a portait i gotta skim through that ghetto ass shit.

Last edited:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
The question is why you would ever add portraits to IWD to begin with? That game oozes so much atmosphere due to the impeccable art direction, and nowhere is that art direction as well made as in what must be the best portrait pack of any RPG ever. It seems completely baffling to believe yourself able to add to that.

Don Peste

Arcane
  • CEO & Co. | You'll also be treated to the barbarian battle cries of Beamdog CEO, Trent Oster (who
    lost his voice for a few days after the recording session), plus four more Beamdog team voices!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom