Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

Fluent

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Going blind on oddity? You must like pain

yeah, i like a real solid challenge where i am forced to use everything at my disposal to win. Normal wasn't doing that for me (so far) so I upped it to Hard. I might not make it but I wanted to try and see if I could just for fun. I really like Oddity, too, which is why I chose that (after the Normal few hours on Classic.) Anyway, so far so good, but I guess we'll see what happens when I get to Depot A! :) Thanks for the response! Much love. <3

You min-max your build like a fiend to compensate for a difficulty mode that the game wasn't truly designed for, like every other DOMINATING player. You pump DEX to 18-plus—like every other DOM player—and dump several attributes down to 3, like every other DOM player.
Wait, isn't dumping stats you don't need normal? I thought that was normal. I was doing that before dominating even existed. That's just how you make good characters.

Parabalus

Arcane
You min-max your build like a fiend to compensate for a difficulty mode that the game wasn't truly designed for, like every other DOMINATING player. You pump DEX to 18-plus—like every other DOM player—and dump several attributes down to 3, like every other DOM player.
Wait, isn't dumping stats you don't need normal? I thought that was normal. I was doing that before dominating even existed. That's just how you make good characters.

It is, most builds have three or even four stats dumped down to 3.

Premium drinks can be purchased, and need not be stolen

You can't, the good ones don't respawn in the bartender's inventory, but they do in the patrons'.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Does armor actually help against bio damage from poisons? Im wearing the Chem Assault armor but the natives still fuck me up with their poison darts.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
Does armor actually help against bio damage from poisons? Im wearing the Chem Assault armor but the natives still fuck me up with their poison darts.
poison is different. To avoid it you want high mechanical DT. If you get hit for 0 you dont get poisoned

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Not gonna lie, the native attack stuff is annoying as hell. Takes ages to resolve the combat because there are so many of them, it gets boring.

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
hello everyone. hope i'm not stepping on any toes here, but if anyone would like to watch a video Let's Play of an Underrail on Hard/Blind playthrough that is 13 episodes in, feel free to check out my youtube channel. www.youtube.com/gamegodfluent

if not, feel free to continue and just ignore me. :) by the way, i can't really view the thread anymore because i'm actively avoiding spoilers! so, maybe after i've beaten the game or gotten a lot further i'll come here and chat with u guys. :) Much love! <3

Hi Fluent, i see you've made new account.

CHEMS

Scholar
Not gonna lie, the native attack stuff is annoying as hell. Takes ages to resolve the combat because there are so many of them, it gets boring.

The worst part, that is consensus here, is the fact that they can snipe you out of line of sight

Not only that, but aegis sec troopers are fucking retarded, won't chase the crossbowmen. Instead they just sit there like sitting ducks taking darts to the face and missing their shots.

the mole

Learned
Shitposter
anyone else take spec ops just for the grenade bonus and then just end up using ars for the rest of the game

I really went into this trying to use whatever worked for me at the time, and not try to build my entire character before I played, aside from hitting the attributes I wanted

so I ended up taking some psi stuff like the stun, forcefield, time magic and then light armor with a lot of mobility perks, and then midgame I decided to go all in on ar, a lot of utility, but if I had a bit more autism in my bones I think that build could be really good

ars are so good that you really don't need anything else though so whatever

CHEMS

Scholar
Duh its called defense. How do you expect them to chase crossbowmen? What if new wave appears? They will be outside protective range of naga/turrets.

Taking cover is called defense. Standing there like retards is called being retard.

anyone else take spec ops just for the grenade bonus and then just end up using ars for the rest of the game

I really went into this trying to use whatever worked for me at the time, and not try to build my entire character before I played, aside from hitting the attributes I wanted

so I ended up taking some psi stuff like the stun, forcefield, time magic and then light armor with a lot of mobility perks, and then midgame I decided to go all in on ar, a lot of utility, but if I had a bit more autism in my bones I think that build could be really good

ars are so good that you really don't need anything else though so whatever

I only take it with SMG builds, it's good.

Ghulgothas

Arcane
AR's are very effective with full feat complement, but they start feeling a little too "When all you have is a hammer" after awhile.

Stavrophore

Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Taking cover is called defense. Standing there like retards is called being retard.

You've complained that they don't chase enemy crossbowmen, which are FAR behind frontline/defences. Aegis would be destroyed there, without support of turrets/naga. Also consider that player often set traps/mines on that battlefield, and you get recipe for disaster.

CHEMS

Scholar

You've complained that they don't chase enemy crossbowmen, which are FAR behind frontline/defences. Aegis would be destroyed there, without support of turrets/naga. Also consider that player often set traps/mines on that battlefield, and you get recipe for disaster.

You've got a point, yeah. Still, their AI could use some work. Or maybe more snipers.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
I'm a psionic demigod, destroyer of minds and master of time. I can't look like the fucking ratking all the time!
I know you're going to dislike me, but I kind of like the idea of coming across as a hobo, but then be Xavier once shit hits the fan.
Nah, it's ok. I just like the stats of the rathound regalia quite a bit, so I end up using it in many builds, a LOT.

I wish the disguise mechanic, was used more in the game.

Stavrophore

Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In

You've got a point, yeah. Still, their AI could use some work. Or maybe more snipers.

Styg CAN and SHOULD include something like militia orders in JA2 1.13. Just select aegis trooper, select "move to" and select tile.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
Personally, I love the idea that Aegis was so arrogant / dumb in thinking that because of their money and guns they would win, and then being woefully surprised in that regard. It reminds me of the Zulu wars with the British Empire during the colonial era, specifically the Battle of Isandlwana. There, despite being technologically superior, the British were overwhelmed and they suffered their worst ever defeat at the hands of an indigenous people.

Battle of Isandlwana - Wikipedia - for reference.

Ghulgothas

Arcane
What people was the Sormibaeren based on? They ressemble african natives a bit.
Probably just the standard trope of warrior/cannibal tribes from old pulp magazines. They're do remind me of the Snake God Set and the Snake Cultists from old Conan stuff now that I think about it...

Edit: Coincidence? I think not!
external-content-duckduckgo-com.png
Xpbl-svgw2-l.png

Tigranes

Arcane
What people was the Sormibaeren based on? They ressemble african natives a bit.

You don't know any African natives or anything about them, though.

The names/language obviously echo some faux-Scandi, but their 'lore' such as it is seems to just melt a lot of generic tropes.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom