Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What if we split the Codex into two sites: RPG Codex + Political Codex?

What do you think about splitting the politics out to a separate stand-alone website + forums?

• THIS SOUNDS LIKE A GREAT IDEA

Votes: 137 37.8%
  • Over my dead body

Votes: 133 36.7%
  • kingcomrade

Votes: 92 25.4%

• Total voters

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Honestly, everything is a honeypot, whether willingly or not.

Here's some primer reading from the snowden material. You'd be silly to think anything you put on the internet isn't being archived somewhere for later "reference" if needed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_surveillance_disclosure

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PRISM_(surveillance_program) (this is the one relevant to the US / Australia interactions)

If the laws in your country prevent domestic surveillance, well one of the partner countries will just spy on you then hand the information right back to your government.

That's the short and skinny of it.
True. For example, you can be tracked by creating a profile based on your behavior and/or contacts alone, even if you use proxies. But I'd rather not make it too easy. If you ever follow internet drama, Discord is a constant source of doxing and other retardation. Something about having a "private server" makes people think it's actually private, even if they consciously know it isn't.

Gregz

Arcane
Ranselknulf

You're just drunkposting about things you only have a rudimentary understanding of. Most of your posts ITT have created more ignorance than they've dispelled.

Please enlighten us, or not.

I did, reread my post carefully.

This is a forest and trees argument. I feel you are intentionally being obtuse because you want to argue for some reason.

I'm trying to start a discussion about the topic and ur being an autist. Reread my post if you want to see the intentions behind it.

I agree that the surveillance state is alarming, I disagree that there are no ways to counter it.

Eirinjas

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex
Ranselknulf

You're just drunkposting about things you only have a rudimentary understanding of. Most of your posts ITT have created more ignorance than they've dispelled.

This is a forest and trees argument. I feel you are intentionally being obtuse because you want to argue for some reason.

I'm trying to start a discussion about the topic and ur being an autist. Reread my post if you want to see the intentions behind it.

I agree that the surveillance state is alarming, I disagree that there are no ways to counter it.

For now. The moment the state has reliable quantum computers though, virtually nothing will be hidden to them.

Gregz

Arcane
Ranselknulf

For now. The moment the state has reliable quantum computers though, virtually nothing will be hidden to them.

There are ways to adapt encryption to be hardened vs. QCs. Solving a cipher is far more expensive than making the cipher harder to solve.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
But I'd rather not make it too easy.

'chop, you should just get out of the US. Then it doesn't matter if they can track you - unless you are important enough for them to send a drone after you.
Would if I could. Still might, if possible. We'll see.
Element (the encrypted messaging app ANTIFA uses)

Unless it was an inside job, it appears that Element is anything but private and will shut you down if you discuss harmless topics that would have been OK up until circa 2019. Source: personal experience. Discord is for globohomo deviants, obviously, but what about Telegram? Is it any good - as in private?
You can get your own server hosting with Element, so they can't ban you unless you use the normie version.

Telegram is ok. Tbh, I think it's also a tool for globohomo provocateurs to be able to message effectively. ANTIFA uses it too. They have banned some overtly racist pages recently and Apple censors certain pages on their app, but it's still very usable. The actual messaging is pretty decent and offers encryption, deletion of messages for both parties, self-deleting conversations and open source stickers so that you can upload your own politically incorrect reactions.

The other option I forgot to mention is the Fediverse. For example, I believe those uncooth political types use a federated instance called Poast to communicate. Think of it as Twitter, but racism is allowed. But of course, as a non-edgy gamer myself, I wouldn't know much about that... The Fediverse is new though, so no telling what will happen with it longterm.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Ranselknulf

Where there is a will there's a way.

Encryption is always in an arms race with methods for breaking it. QCs are quite a game changer, but people will adapt to them.

Eirinjas

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex
Ranselknulf

Encryption is always in an arms race with methods for breaking it. QCs are quite a game changer, but people will adapt to them.

I remember reading a couple years ago that China had managed to send the first quantum communication to space and back, which can't be intercepted and decrypted.

https://www.livescience.com/super-secure-quantum-messages-headed-to-space.html
So in the 1980s, researchers developed a theoretical method for generating secure keys using quantum mechanics. They figured out that secure keys could be encoded into the quantum properties of individual particles, and exchanged secretly back and forth. The advantage of this "quantum key distribution" (QKD) is that quantum physics dictates that the very act of observing a particle irreparably changes it. So any spies who tried to intercept the quantum key could be immediately detected by the changes in the particles.

Funkified Chicken

I thought this website was /pol/, but everyone is an obnoxious, retarded tripfag. So you be saying...
:dealwithit:

Gregz

Arcane
Ranselknulf

I remember reading a couple years ago that China had managed to send the first quantum communication to space and back, which can't be intercepted and decrypted.

https://www.livescience.com/super-secure-quantum-messages-headed-to-space.html
So in the 1980s, researchers developed a theoretical method for generating secure keys using quantum mechanics. They figured out that secure keys could be encoded into the quantum properties of individual particles, and exchanged secretly back and forth. The advantage of this "quantum key distribution" (QKD) is that quantum physics dictates that the very act of observing a particle irreparably changes it. So any spies who tried to intercept the quantum key could be immediately detected by the changes in the particles.

mondblut

Arcane
If we did break it up, might it seem like something like this?

unknown.png

s2ZLdFB.png

FTFY.

Unwanted

Savecummer

Latest Doxxer Account
Edgy
Why split the dex? Its too late!

YOU are all already on the white supremacist lists! Especially the one who donated!

:lol:

Imaging giving 1000$ to a site that allows its members to say 'nigger ought to be exterminated' without deleting the post/member!

Just wait till the FBI requests the database

+M:M:M:M+M+M+M+M+M
+M:M:M:M+M:M:M:M:M
+M+M+M+M+M+M+M+M+M
:M:M:M:M+M:M:M:M+M
+M+M+M+M+M:M:M:M+M

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom