Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RPG games with gamepad support ?

samoilaaa

Educated
my back kinda hurts a little from sitting too much on chair so i need some games to play from the bed
so please recommend me some rpg games with controller support
I played Witcher 3 , Pathfinder , Dragon Age 1,2,3 , All souls games , Outer Worlds , Wasteland 3 , Divinity Original Sin 1 and 2 , Elder Scrolls series , Mass Effect , Pillars of eternity 1 and 2 , Elex, Greedfall , Fable , Dragons Dogma

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
I think you can play Battle Brothers with a gamepad - it doesn't have much for complex controls. Use a third party application to remap the keys to a console controller. Mordheim: City of the Damned can also be played with a gamepad as well.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Every game in existence plays better on mouse and keyboard than on gaypads.

With the exception of flight sims and car racing games, which play better on joysticks and steering wheels.

But gamepads aren't the best solution for any genre.
M&KB, joystick, steering wheels are all valid input devices.

Gamepads are not. They are for fags.

Paul_cz

Arcane
Kingdom Come Deliverance is one of the best 3D RPGs ever and I played it with gamepad for 200 hours or so.

Also recommended Fallout: New Vegas, Deus Ex Human Revolution and Mankind Divided, Cyberpunk 2077

samoilaaa

Educated
Kingdom Come Deliverance is one of the best 3D RPGs ever and I played it with gamepad for 200 hours or so.

Also recommended Fallout: New Vegas, Deus Ex Human Revolution and Mankind Divided, Cyberpunk 2077
i never thought someone would recommend CP2077 on this forum :))))
but kingdom come deliverance looks awsome

mkultra

Augur
gamepads are awesome. love the seamlessness of sneak to run speed, something mouse and keyb can only dream of :P
only time mouse/keyb is good is for games that requires immensely precise aiming.. i've gamed since c64 so i've used both mouse and joysticks+gamepads for, well, many decades ;)

Grim Dawn went from shit to decent when i connected a gamepad, felt way more connected to the character than with clickety-click.. wouldn't really recommend it though. atom rpg is.. decent/good, don't really care for the writing which often comes of as someone in his 15 to early 20's wrote it..

Paul_cz

Arcane
i never thought someone would recommend CP2077 on this forum :))))
but kingdom come deliverance looks awsome
edgelords gonna edgelord, Cyberpunk is not perfect ultimate life sim, but it's a great game regardless
And yes KCD is awesome, if you play it, make sure to play on hardcore mode, it's more engaging (though you need to figure out the mechanics and have some patience)

Fluent

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
For bed gaming, may I also suggest the investment in a good tablet, like a Samsung Galaxy Tab S series? Reason being, u can not only play a lot of cool stuff that is on Android, u can also use Steam Link to turn it into a little virtual Steam Machine, and even play that with a bluetooth controller. U can do more advanced things I won't get into here, like using a Steam Controller to essentially give every game on PC gamepad support by building your own control set, etc., but it's a pretty neat device for bed gaming.

Besides a tablet I'd recommend a Steam Controller and learning to build your own configurations for the games u want to play (or if the game is more commonly supported by gamepads, u can use the community's best configuration.) Sorry if this went off topic a bit. Sorry to hear about your back and I hope U can find some goodies! Take care. <3

Funposter

Arcane
Kingdom Come should have native gamepad support since it was released on consoles. Didn't Mount and Blade get a console port, too? I bet that works or you can make it work. Deus Ex Human Revolution and Mankind Divided. You also mentioned The Witcher 3 but NOT The Witcher 2.

Butter

Arcane
Patron
Legends of Amberland was ported to Switch, so it's gotta be playable with a gamepad.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
invest in wireless keyboard + mouse. doesn't have to be fancy. i use $20 logitech KB+M and play on my living room tv while potatoeing on my sofa using improved "table" made of pillows

Doktor Best

Arcane
Get a better chair.

Second this. Get one with lumbar support. Oh and work out ffs or are you in your 60s or something?

Getting a VR headset helps getting off your lazy ass too. It can be good light workout while having fun.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom