Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo 2: Resurrected remaster

Edija

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
This actually looks pretty good and plays well, there's some stuff I dislike. The Paladin run is weird, Amazon is obviously a bad design but don't care too much since Helmet and I'm not gonna coom to any video game characters anyway (possibly the only reason people are raging because the Amazon and Assassin are a little bit more covered up). I think Mrllamasc did a good recape of the current state of the remaster, the gems look like shit, the potions as well. Some of the colors are off, freeze and poison look too bright and shitty, also, some auras look like total shit, for example, Holy Freeze. The teleporter bug has to be fixed asap, the other stuff looks pretty good. Just thank God Blizzard isn't doing this in house it would be a bigger disaster than w3 reforged.

Cael

Arcane
generic skelly in robe with soulstone hole made no fucking sense
What? It's Prince Aidan from D1, now the Wanderer. The dude you chase the entire game. Makes plenty o' sense

I don’t understand, the prince is dead after you kill Diablo, victim of summoning Diablo. A Wanderer is YOU.

The prince from Diablo I is named Albrecht.

He's talking about (the utterly nonsensical) retcon from Diablo 3, where the Warrior/Dark Wanderer is depicted as king Leoric's *elder* son Aidan. Who also fucks with Adria the Witch. Just because (I said it's utterly nonsensical, didn't I?).

Glad I never got D3. It was obvious from D2 that the Dark Wanderer is your character from D1, most likely the Warrior, as both Rogue and Mage sort of shows up in Acts 1 and 2.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Odd you can kill diablo in 1 as Rogue ir Mage and get their cutscene. I guessthey just wanted a goid story for D2 so Warrior is possessed, Rogue goes bad I guess, and mage goes nuts. Monk didn't happun'.

No monk one...

All three were tards. It didn't occur to them to take it to Cain or destroy it? Derp.

Last edited:

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
I'm 100% convinced that David Brevik's Tim Cain's true passion project in life were Diablo/Diablo II Fallout and after that he just kept spinning his wheels and never gave a shit about anything again which reflects how he did nothing really significant after. Last I checked he was developing some run-of-the-mill indie pixel art game shooter that's like Terraria Serious Sam or whatever.

you and luj1 should join forces and write the manual of how to be a sower cunt on the Codex.

Luka-boy

Arcane
Blizzard did have a weird fixation of making box art covers of you holding a staring contest. Diablo, Starcraft (all three), Brood War, Diablo II, Lord of Destruction, Warcraft III's covers. I would also say Diablo II had the best of that particular style.

But the best Blizzard box art will always be Warcraft I and Warcraft II's.

651597_front.jpg

8811_front.jpg
Where instead, we got an orc and a human holding the staring contest :lol:

typical user

Arbiter
All three were tards. It didn't occur to them to take it to Cain or destroy it? Derp.

All three were already corrupted at that point, I think.

Yeah I think that's a good reason. All three were messing around with weird shrines, spell books, saw disturbing images and Lord of Terror also probably had mind-changing aura. Archbishop Lazarus was corrupted by it, Lachdanan was an exception. Also remember how Baal influenced Marius to release him from Tal-Rasha tomb? Or how Mephisto corrupted paladin order in Kurast?

Or they just needed a cliffhanger because they were planning on a sequel.

otsego

Cipher

It was my interpretation that the 'spirit' compels them to slam the thing into their own head so Diablo can return again, while the hero thinks they are containing it before slowly going crazy (the dead kid convulses and then looks at them just before the hero briefly considers the soulstone). But there's probably some official canon reason.

agris

Arcane
Patron
Grotesque what's the context with the tweet? they are modifying animations / models in the base game, or re-examining the implementation of the amazon in resurrected?

Grotesque what's the context with the tweet? they are modifying animations / models in the base game, or re-examining the implementation of the amazon in resurrected?

One of the original Condor / Blizzard North leads who worked on Diablo 2 dusting off old game files he has kicking around and cleaning up the animations. He's not involved in the remake.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik

I don't know much but I guess because of the late controversy with the amazon, this guy (that was a producer on Diablo 2) now has the opportunity to show some assets and some skin! :)

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik

oh man!

those big tits on the amazon!
and they look like the'yre just painted over! :)

Robber Baron

Savant
Old style CG works so good with high fantasy, clean and smooth yet detailed and shiny. It's perfect, you'd expect indies try to emulate that look with real time graphics to save time working on textures but alas.

DaveO

Erudite
Lessons learned and obviously not since it looks Not Ready For Prime Time. This is why I don't care much for remasters. It's inevitable that screwups will be made.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom