Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Icewind Dale Beamdog's Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition

Sabotin

Scholar
It says below the picture who the portraits are of. That particular one is Mark Meer. Are those actually in the game, it seems a very meme thing to do.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Why is this poorly photoshopped pic of some random ass clown in a wig considered OK for a portrait? How the fuck does this work with the rest of the game portraits aesthetic? Fuck. Nice self insert, whoever fucking did this. Cunt. Doesn't care that it makes the game worse, just wants to self insert. Asshole. Who's this cunt?
That's not one of the portraits they added. But it's not like the ones they added are much better anyway: https://imgur.com/a/blzM6gy

Yeah, very tasteful and respectful of the original art style of the game:

yFyUa1O.jpg

hheBHos.jpg
What a fucking joke.

Last edited:

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Might be interesting for IWD2, so you'd be able to get the EE's zoom. But the entire project only got a 2 page thread on their forum.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
We have a better chance of getting something good with the Russians than Beamshit.

Last edited:

Murk

Arcane
What in the fuck are those abominations of portraits.

this dude's serene expression becomes all the more relevant in reaction to...

UhadXQr.png
[/spoilerj]

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
What's with the weird "police intervention outside of a gay night club" tint/lighting on those added portraits? Is that their attempt at emulating BG1 portrait style?

Murk

Arcane
The characters' poses and expressions seem to ape BG1; and I guess they took the surreal color palette to a more retarded direction.

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
What in the fuck are those abominations of portraits.

this dude's serene expression becomes all the more relevant in reaction to...

UhadXQr.png
[/spoilerj]

Some intern found the "Filter Section" in Adobe Photoshop.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'd rather get both of my eyes fucked out of my skull by two mandingo's than have to stare at those portraits while I play IWD. Holy fuck.

Melcar

Arcane
Bah, this version still has the missing library error on my Kubuntu system. I was hoping that by moving to 64bit only this shit would have been fixed, but they are still using older libraries it seems. The previous workaround I had for version 2.5 does not work anymore.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Nearly a decade later, I still fail to see why anyone would play the IE EEs over the originals.
As much as I hate Beamdog and their shitty EEs (and, trust me, I despise them with all my infinite inner rage), there are a couple of features that improve the game: the quick loot bar and the area of effect marker. 20 years ago (yikes) having to guess through trial and error the areas of the spells was part of the fun, but being able to aim cones is a luxury I don't want to give up. I guess somebody could also enjoy the addition of kits.

But nothing can excuse how they butchered the UI and spells icons. Fucking illiterate savages.

Self-Ejected

Hafnar the Jester

Self-Ejected
When it comes to the aesthetics of all the Beamdog's additions, it's not really their invention, they just follow the recent trends endorsed by the cUrReNt yEaR's fantasy RPG fandom. Spoiler: it's been hijacked by trannies, furries and other LGBTQWERTY+ degenerates. And I say it being bisexual myself, just in case any thought police reads that.

The gnomes are great poster child of the zeitgeist. From jovial little motherfuckers a'la Jan Jansen or Oswald Fiddlebender they have been turned into soyboys incarnate a'la (fuck me for remembering his name) Gardnersonson from Siege of Dragonspear.

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Why is this poorly photoshopped pic of some random ass clown in a wig considered OK for a portrait? How the fuck does this work with the rest of the game portraits aesthetic? Fuck. Nice self insert, whoever fucking did this. Cunt. Doesn't care that it makes the game worse, just wants to self insert. Asshole. Who's this cunt?

80656d0b9b40974bd1eeea71de7db6c1.jpg

So technically this Mark Meer character is white, and they've blue-faced him up?. It's the same as black face right?.

-I don't give a shit, just trolling a bit. I suppose it's alright when they do it?. But if the Russians had done something like this, it'd be WW3.

fork

Are there no UI mods for these EEs that restore the superior UIs of the originals? Like, I would never play Planescape Torment EE, because of that abomination of a UI. ghostdog's UI is just so much better. But why has nobody modded that or something similar into the EE yet? Not that I searched a lot, so maybe something like that exists?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom