Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What game would you want to be made that doesn't exist?

Neki

Scholar
Star trek space exploration type shit game
-Turn based combat, real time grand strategy
-find planets, colonize/protect them 4x style
-taticool space combat
-c&c (the individual quests/politics type not the whole story type)
-Reputation system
-no plot only an end goal(defeat/befriend this alien race, get artefact in center of universe before everybody else etc.)
-Basically MOO2 mixed with JA2 mixed with KODP but in a soft sci fi/fantasy/early 90s mobile suit cyberpunk setting.

Late 1800s Irish style mob game

-crusader kings style but mob
-You have to map paint with other different gangs maybe a town and in higher difficulties a state and the country
-3d(autistic) map paint as in maybe you control the unions but rival gang controls the mayor so you gotta deal with it if you wanna build a new bar etc.
-tps with pause so you can issue commands(brothers in arms meets valkyria revolution)
-old timey songs
-tech progression from horses to cars revolvers to semi-autos etc.
-heat gauge so you cant have massive shoot outs and have to work mostly underground and have street fights
-game over if heat gauge reaches 100 or maybe some impossible shit like they send the army against you and you gotta do some extremely autistic powergaming to win.
-minigames for the mob things(i.e break a pottery shop with baseball bats before the cops arrive and negotiate with the owner about payment, the more you destroy the more willing he will be but the less money you recieve maybe he has body guards or a gun etc.)
-Crusader kings rep system
-maybe start at 1880 and end when ww1 starts.

Roman era Action rpg
-could have different eras like early period to imperial
-mount and blade meets way of the samurai
-from England to north Africa
-try to rise the army ranks
-have some other npcs as your rivals within the army ranks
-have good tatical enemy ai.
-wargaming autism(terrain,wind,weather,fatigue etc.)
-chariot racing

African isometric party based rtwp
-You're an African pirate recognized by whatever country you're being colonized by in your backstory Some priceless artefact was stolen and you gotta get it back while doing shenanigans
-African mythology inspired
-1700s era
-African Pirate party with classes like witch doctor, zulu warrior and what not, maybe some whitoids for diversity sake
-Big bad its some British cunt
-Pirate raiding in the coast of Africa
-Krakens, sirens etc. Or the African equivalent of those
-C&C a la PS:T
-Really voodoo and trippy aesthetics

KODP 2
-just make it

Lagi

Savant
Well...

Screenshot2.png

Black_Waters.jpg

link pls

Sinilevä

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
More games like Ultimate General, but about different time periods. Thirty Years' War or ancient world would be nice.

Lagi

Savant
Fantasy General 1.5 - that is a 2d game, with a readable map. Load in split of second. Have no animations.

Good define units, but with tons of customization between them (upgrade, appearance, name, stats and skills), so you can make a bond with them.
With minor (no more than 50% of power creep) improvements with exp, so there is no save scumming when your 78 level unit die.
Without radical units upgrades-transformations (like improving lizards into steam tanks - but upgrading lizard infantry into chainmail lizard infantry is ok, or changing shield and spear into 2h weapons - kind of stuff).

no grant strategy, nor 4x things (i dont want to build barracks to recruit infantry) - all scenarios premade, with custom map goals. Like Open General or Fantasy General 2.
and without any multikulti friendship between nations. If I am playing as Dark Elf, i dont wont to hire hobbit slingers. Some nation pets are ok, like Hydras or Cold One mounts for Dark Elfs.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Fantasy General 1.5 - that is a 2d game, with a readable map. Load in split of second. Have no animations.

Good define units, but with tons of customization between them (upgrade, appearance, name, stats and skills), so you can make a bond with them.
With minor (no more than 50% of power creep) improvements with exp, so there is no save scumming when your 78 level unit die.
Without radical units upgrades-transformations (like improving lizards into steam tanks - but upgrading lizard infantry into chainmail lizard infantry is ok, or changing shield and spear into 2h weapons - kind of stuff).

no grant strategy, nor 4x things (i dont want to build barracks to recruit infantry) - all scenarios premade, with custom map goals. Like Open General or Fantasy General 2.
and without any multikulti friendship between nations. If I am playing as Dark Elf, i dont wont to hire hobbit slingers. Some nation pets are ok, like Hydras or Cold One mounts for Dark Elfs.

Looks like Battle for Wesnoth if you set aside the customization but you level up units and i think i remember having choices on the upgrade types.
There's also Warbanners.

You made me check for FG 1.5, FG is amazing but a reboot with better encounter/mission design and less or no reinforcements would be great.

Generic-Giant-Spider

Steve Irwin's Outback Rumble. A fighting game pitting the deadliest and most ferocious of Australia's finest against one another to see who emerges as supreme champion. Narration done by Steve Irwin using spliced voice clips. The combos are called "CRIKEYS!" So if you were to play let's say Ozlow the Boxing Kangaroo and hit a good 14 hit combo on Nelson the Ill-Tempered Koala you'd have Steve Irwin's head pop up on the side of the screen (think the "TOASTY" guy in MK) and he'd say, "14 HITS? CRIKEY!" Secret characters include Bogan Bob, PGA Legend Greg Norman, Hollywood Paul Hogan and a female hitchhiker desperately looking to get out of Wolf Creek but don't need no man.

Alphons

Cipher
Isometric tactical turn-based heist game with destructible environments and up to 18 crew members.

To prepare for bigger heists that form a "storyline" you can pull off your own smaller heists/ burglaries (gives you money, equipment) or complete side contracts on DarkWeb (favours, insider help, fences, crew members, etc).

All crew members have different backgrounds (defines their skills), personalities (traits define how they interact with other crew members and bystanders/ enemies) and even loyalties (you can get infiltrated undercover cops, hostile gang members, hitmen).

Your reputation is defined by Heat and Infamy. You accumulate Heat by being messy (leaving witnesses, evidence, using the same getaway vehicle in another heist, using rare weapons/ explosives, getting your crew arrested, etc). Cops response time is shorter and they're less patient with you. They can also track down your crew between missions triggering escape scenario.

Infamy defines how you are seen by the others. Break a promise you gave to police negotiator and they won't bother calling you next time. Kill resisting hostages a few times and the others will think twice about trying anything. Use non-lethal weapons a lot and some people might not see you as a threat.

Shadowfang

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
An RTS where one player builds and orders units around from top view and the other players control heroes in fps perspective.

Shaki

Arbiter
A 4x game, (Like Age of Wonders, Fallen Enchantress etc.), but with highly interactive RPG-like character system from CK2, and Rimworld-style emergent storytelling.

I love 4x games, I love CK2, I love Rimworld. I think best parts of those combined, would truly create a masterpiece.

SlamDunk

Arcane
Three-dimensional voxel Noita played from third-person view point.

The world would be made out of sub-millimeter-scale voxels with path-traced lighting and sound, and every voxel would be physically simulated, of course.

Last edited:

oldbonebrown

Arcane
An isometric squad based, real-time stealth with turn-based combat, terrorist game, where you play as a resistance movement to the future European superstate.
As your movement levels up you get to pick your leanings from some kind of tree to unlock perks, which among more common gameplay bonuses should include different types of terrorism that your group can engage in. Letting both leftwing and rightwing players have their own tailored fun.
Outside of missions you construct a network of bases, outposts and weapon caches, gathering intel and spread propaganda. Then you go about various missions shooting EU stooges and blowing things up.

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
A decent Star Trek RPG, but old Star Trek (say, Next Generation) not the current SJW infested garbage. So, I'll never get it.

Also, echoing what others have said. I'd like a turn-based, party-based sci-fi RPG. Not an X-Com lite, an actual RPG with a story, ship travel, etc.

Oh, a party-based Warhammer 40k RPG would be fucking amazing too. Think Dawn of War II but with traditional RPG elements (exploration, etc.) and turn based or RTWP. Would be pretty fucking sweet.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
A decent Star Trek RPG, but old Star Trek (say, Next Generation) not the current SJW infested garbage. So, I'll never get it.

Also, echoing what others have said. I'd like a turn-based, party-based sci-fi RPG. Not an X-Com lite, an actual RPG with a story, ship travel, etc.

Oh, a party-based Warhammer 40k RPG would be fucking amazing too. Think Dawn of War II but with traditional RPG elements (exploration, etc.) and turn based or RTWP. Would be pretty fucking sweet.

What about a party-based Warhammer 40k RPG with some elements inspired by Battle Brothers?

Also you play a Slaaneshi cultist and there's a decent amount of depravity.

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
Battle Brothers is tough for me because the graphics piss me off. Everything has a huge fucking head, I can't stand it. But yeah, gameplay wise I can see some inspiration there. For me, I want the main the characters in the game to be fully scripted and developed, e.g. main characters like we got in DoW II. Basically, I want an RPG DoWII.

Take a Space Marine chapter and make it so that a bunch of apprentice Marines get stranded from their vessel or something. Character progression, apart from them actually gaining skill points, is basically them getting their Astartes Organs. The can find equipment, have runs in with stranded Orks, Tyranids, etc. Find upgrades to their power armor, etc. A sidequest to get one of the main characters would be activating an abandoned dreadnaught. Go nuts!

I should write this game. Anyone want to make it?

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Battle Brothers is tough for me because the graphics piss me off. Everything has a huge fucking head, I can't stand it. But yeah, gameplay wise I can see some inspiration there. For me, I want the main the characters in the game to be fully scripted and developed, e.g. main characters like we got in DoW II. Basically, I want an RPG DoWII.

Take a Space Marine chapter and make it so that a bunch of apprentice Marines get stranded from their vessel or something. Character progression, apart from them actually gaining skill points, is basically them getting their Astartes Organs. The can find equipment, have runs in with stranded Orks, Tyranids, etc. Find upgrades to their power armor, etc. A sidequest to get one of the main characters would be activating an abandoned dreadnaught. Go nuts!

I should write this game. Anyone want to make it?

I think the key is not to get sued by GW lol.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom