Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Dungeon and Gravestone dives to Steam

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Dungeon and Gravestone; Wonderland Kazakiri inc

Dungeon and Gravestone has been released on Steam if you're looking for a rogue-ish game that's a bit more fast paced. Big monsters, check. Deadly traps, check. Towns, check. Randomization with each playthrough, check. No release sale on this one, though. Here's some stuff:

Awakened from deep slumber you found yourself in a city destined to be devoured by Demon King of Death. There was only one road leading outside of it, straight into the dungeon entrance. The gates were open. A terrifying place where blood is steadily sucked out of you and eventually you cannot escape death's embrace. Is it possible that dungeon changes shape with each dive? Can you challenge the maze with various traps and return safely? Can the world be saved? Dive into dungeons, get items, strengthen your equipment and aim for lower layers. Collect food, complete quests and even fish for your life! Engage in fierce boss battles! Life in the dungeon sure is risky but it's super fun too! A mysterious world where not only dungeons but even towns change their appearance. You are the one to solve the mystery of the dungeon!​

For some reason, this game gives me vibes of the multiplayer maps from Nox by the now defunct Westwood Studios(Thanks for that, EA). If you've never played that game, it was pretty nifty with lots of humor. The multiplayer was a damned good time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
The news front page now looks like a dumpster where every shit has its nanosecond under the sun.

Hag

Arbiter
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
The news front page now looks like a dumpster where every shit has its nanosecond under the sun.
Still better than the bland copy-pastes for uninteresting updates.
It actually gives the impression CRPG world is thriving with new stuff, which is a good thing.

I mean, now I am reading the front page sometimes.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
It actually gives the impression CRPG world is thriving with new stuff, which is a good thing.

Yep, it's bringing some obscure games to dexer attention.

I think that's worth a little junk diving.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member

Keep in mind, when RPG Codex started back in the early, early 2000s, the conventional wisdom was:

1.) 2D is dead. From now on, everything will be 3D.
2.) Turn based is dead. And boring. And slow. And everyone hates it.
3.) CRPGs are dead, MMOs are the future. Except on consoles. Enjoy your Final Fantasy sequels if you want single player.

So, if I cover obscure things and that bothers you, shut the fuck up. Things are better now than they were when I started this place. That's not directed at you, Hag, but it's just a rehash for the newfags.

Codex Year of the Donut
frontpage looks fine to me
a few AA games, a few obscure titles, some completely free roguelikes. Most of the games are interesting to me.

Mortmal

Arcane
Yeah , its not a bad idea to cover a few obscure titles , the roguelike and such, there's one or two probably worth playing. At least i click on those news and have a look, not when it's another dev diary of some kickstarter or early access game that drags on and on and take ages to release...

Fluent

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Sorry to stray off-topic here, but I love the work you're doing Saint_Proverbius ! It's great to cover all sorts of RPGs, and you've led me to quite a few games I didn't know about, and some of them were obscure, etc.. Really great coverage, I guess especially so for those of us who like all types of RPGs. Take care, pal. :) <3

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom