Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Stellaris - Paradox new sci-fi grand strategy game

Joggerino

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
You can now LARP as a matrix style machine intelligence where you use enslaved organics as batteries (energy production). Its roughly 1 food to 3 energy and they also use half as much housing. Combine that with the orbital raiding perk and looking at my skyrocketing energy production this may be a bit OP.
:shredder:

thesecret1

Arcane
You can now LARP as a matrix style machine intelligence where you use enslaved organics as batteries (energy production). Its roughly 1 food to 3 energy and they also use half as much housing. Combine that with the orbital raiding perk and looking at my skyrocketing energy production this may be a bit OP.
Stuff like this really makes me with the game had some decent AI. It'd be awesome to fight against something like this, trying to counter a snowballing, overwhelming force, but all I ever end up with is anti-climatic retardation as the enemy takes arbitrary treks across half the galaxy and ignores my forces taking over half his empire. Paradox AI was never good, but in Stellaris, it really takes the shit cake.

Joggerino

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Stuff like this really makes me with the game had some decent AI. It'd be awesome to fight against something like this, trying to counter a snowballing, overwhelming force, but all I ever end up with is anti-climatic retardation as the enemy takes arbitrary treks across half the galaxy and ignores my forces taking over half his empire. Paradox AI was never good, but in Stellaris, it really takes the shit cake.
Yeah, it's a shame.. Even the crisis AI is shit, just expanding predictably. The only thing left is MP

not debating how crap the base game is. but:
- download mods for traits and civics, overpowered too
- make your own races
- you now have as many threats as you want
- ???
- profit

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Just had AWESOME experience with game automatically selected a heir in imperial authority, and it was 19 years old woman... black. I sincerely thought heir have to be blood related to be designated, or elected by a council where EMPEROR has a vote.

So yea. Is there any game under it, or is it just sent some ship to make some station and click click click on the map until you populate whole galaxy?
Any decent empire advancement and research? I probably should play Sword of the Stars on easy, and have some fun.

thesecret1

Arcane
Are the AI mods any good?
I only have experience with StarNet – it makes AI aggressively blob so that by end game, your galaxy is a couple mega empires (plus minors that managed to worm their way into a federation before they got eaten), and are ready to pick a fight with you at the drop of a hat. Sadly, it doesn't fix most of the issues with the AI's behavior during a war – from what I understand, most of that is hardcoded and cannot be fixed by modders.

Mortmal

Arcane
Yeah, it's a shame.. Even the crisis AI is shit, just expanding predictably. The only thing left is MP
I am afraid yes, it's a MP game now. The AI is completely inept , yes it was bad before but now its worse cause the high pop growth eventually was able to hide it shortcomings . It was able to get its ressources by sheer pop number, that without counting the massive bonus on harder difficulty. Now its building following a preset plan but never able to adjust , remove and rebuild something it needs. So their fleet power is pathetic , if we can even call them fleets , with a terravore race + calamity origin you roll over everything as the crisis with like 20X more strengh well before 2400. Nihilitic aqcuisition , barbaric despoilers and necrophage puriifiers completely bypass the pop limitations too, the Ai of course cant cope nor play that.

Ravielsk

Magister
Just had AWESOME experience with game automatically selected a heir in imperial authority, and it was 19 years old woman... black. I sincerely thought heir have to be blood related to be designated, or elected by a council where EMPEROR has a vote.

So yea. Is there any game under it, or is it just sent some ship to make some station and click click click on the map until you populate whole galaxy?
Any decent empire advancement and research? I probably should play Sword of the Stars on easy, and have some fun.
No, there is not. At least not unless you are willing to deep dive into modding.

I am afraid yes, it's a MP game now. The AI is completely inept , yes it was bad before but now its worse cause the high pop growth eventually was able to hide it shortcomings . It was able to get its ressources by sheer pop number, that without counting the massive bonus on harder difficulty. Now its building following a preset plan but never able to adjust , remove and rebuild something it needs. So their fleet power is pathetic , if we can even call them fleets , with a terravore race + calamity origin you roll over everything as the crisis with like 20X more strengh well before 2400. Nihilitic aqcuisition , barbaric despoilers and necrophage puriifiers completely bypass the pop limitations too, the Ai of course cant cope nor play that.
Yet, the Stellaris community is once again struggling to even acknowledge this. Seriously go read steam or PDX forums, there are threads where people who could not have played with the new patch for longer than two days are defending it as perfectly balanced. Seriously this games community is like a cancer.

thesecret1

Arcane
Yet, the Stellaris community is once again struggling to even acknowledge this. Seriously go read steam or PDX forums, there are threads where people who could not have played with the new patch for longer than two days are defending it as perfectly balanced. Seriously this games community is like a cancer.
PDX forums were carefully curated to only leave cocksuckers inside. It's a place overflowing with soy, a freakshow where you go from time to time to laugh at the mentally handicapped.

Mortmal

Arcane

No, there is not. At least not unless you are willing to deep dive into modding.

Yes it is cancer community and heavily moderated . The product undelivers , the new features added a few minimalistic systems , plenty of oversight . It's botched work for the price of a whole indie game, yet there's still people defending them. Thats what happen when there's no competition at all . Hopefully distant worlds 2 gets better than this.

zapotec

Liturgist
Is planet automation bugged? I enabled it for a single planet for testing purpopses but it seems to do nothing.

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Is planet automation bugged? I enabled it for a single planet for testing purpopses but it seems to do nothing.
What exactly do you mean by "planet automation"? Because if you're talking about what I think you're talking about, it doesn't do what you think it does.

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
The Automation button in the planet summary interface
Yep. Been a while since I played, so they might have changed it since, but I'm pretty sure that button only automates the planet's label (forge world, research world, etc) depending on what's been built there. You need to mess with sectors to properly automate building, but they've reworked the system so many times I don't really know how it works now to tell you.

AI is really retarded though, and that includes your governor AI. You'll be much better off doing everything manually.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
You'll be much better off doing everything manually.
Yeah, but then you'll be spending half the game micromanaging your planets
It's probably only required on the higher difficulties, honestly.

Almost all of the "let the AI do it for you" stuff is good enough for difficulties up to normal (maybe even more, there are quite a few difficulties, after all).

Joggerino

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
The matrix style machine intelligence is basically a disaster. All the batteries contribute to total empire population and slow down empire growth. Also they suck ass, 5-6 energy per pop, upkeep 1 food and they need lots of amenities. My robo tech workers give 20 energy for 0,5 energy upkeep. This all means... it's time for some good old genocide.

Alpharius

Scholar
You'll be much better off doing everything manually.
Yeah, but then you'll be spending half the game micromanaging your planets
It's one of the reasons I've long since stopped playing, really. I'm triggered when I check a random planet and see what the retarded AI governor has put there, but the game becomes too annoying if you micromanage.
Thats why i always play with 25% habitable planets setting. Less planets - less micro.

The new update is complete shit ofc. Espionage requires constant micromanagement and has next to no influence on the rest of the game. You also have to click thorough lore dumps like 5 times during each operation unless you enable the "skip this shit" option. That option is great ofc but why make these lore dumps in the first place? :retarded:

The new pop growth thing is beyond retarded, dropped the game for another year.

The matrix style machine intelligence is basically a disaster. All the batteries contribute to total empire population and slow down empire growth. Also they suck ass, 5-6 energy per pop, upkeep 1 food and they need lots of amenities. My robo tech workers give 20 energy for 0,5 energy upkeep. This all means... it's time for some good old genocide.
Yes, I like how machine slavery sucks but regular empires can just enslave them to work in the energy mines or w/e.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom