Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Resident Evil Village - now featuring giant vampire MILFs

Ivan

Arcane
Looks to be the case since it's in the enclosed mansion.

Jonathan "Zee Nekomimi

Hoarder of loli kats./ Funny ^._.^= ∫
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I've just realized this "Lady Dimitrescu" fetish* thing is just a glamorized ripoff of Witch Of The Waste from "Howl's Moving Castle".
it is a Hachishaku-sama, a yokai that looks like a tall woman.
bb3.jpg

Reinhardt

Arcane
But of course, if you some fat mouthbreather living in mommy's basement you have all the time in the world to deal with it's tedious bullshit.
Dude, you sleep on a mattress on the floor in a room without furniture (just a TV and some flag). Prisoners in Europe live better.

I choose to live that way, bitch. I can afford furniture but there's no point in it for me.
I will remind it to you next time you will beg codex for moni.

The gameplay in this feels much smoother than what I remember of RE7 and RE2R. Too bad the demos have you on the clock like they do. It does however feel a little weird not having those RE4 follow up attacks that Doom ended up nicking given how much this seems to be toying with RE4.

There's a From Dusk till Dawn moment in the village part of the Village demo that kind of makes me hope a Jack Hammer shows up as a melee weapon if they're doing references to that movie.

DemonKing

Arcane
Tried the Castle demo this morning. Kind of dumb that you get a prompt to aim when an enemy appears that you can't actually kill. Guns had no feeling of heft or power – hopefully the full version will have full dualsense implementation. I usually don't like played first person games on console but this didn't seem too bad.

Generic-Giant-Spider

Watching some of the demo and this game is goofy as fuck. The vampire woman doesn't feel scary at all and the vibe feels like a silly indie arthouse film.

Every time RE deviates from the Night of the Living Dead style horror it produces dumb shit. I thought REmake 2 was really good and a much appreciated return to form, too bad it was less a sign of classic RE seeping its way back in and more a break before your regularly scheduled "Capcom trying out things nobody asked for."

And does anyone give a shit about this Ethan nobody? He seems like less a character and more of a pin doll that gets the shit kicked out of him and somehow gets up fine from it. Bring back classic RE and three bites from a zombie = grizzly death scene.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Every time RE deviates from the Night of the Living Dead style horror it produces dumb shit. I thought REmake 2 was really good and a much appreciated return to form, too bad it was less a sign of classic RE seeping its way back in and more a break before your regularly scheduled "Capcom trying out things nobody asked for."
Deal with it. The series has experimented with gameplay and thematic departures from the original ever since - wait for it - Resident Evil fucking 2.

And does anyone give a shit about this Ethan nobody? He seems like less a character and more of a pin doll that gets the shit kicked out of him and somehow gets up fine from it. Bring back classic RE and three bites from a zombie = grizzly death scene.
What the raid are you talking about? In a single game, Ethan is more fleshed out as a human being than any of the original protags whole careers - and by the way those original protags got bit over and over and over again through the years, and laughed it off every time with fucking color coded healing potions.

ADL

Prophet
This might be the only big AAA game to release this year that people can actually play on PC because RE Engine scales incredibly well.
2021 = year of the backlog

Generic-Giant-Spider

Deal with it. The series has experimented with gameplay and thematic departures from the original ever since - wait for it - Resident Evil fucking 2.

Don't even start this shit, the big departure came with RE4 which has had a stinking cloud over the series ever since. That's when it truly became a full throttle action game series. RE1/2/3/REmake and even that garbage heap known as Code Veronica kept the roots of the series intact. You knew right away they were all apart of the same line of games. Now imagine if you were to transport someone from 1996-1998 to 2021 and tell them, "You know that game set in the spooky mansion/dead city with creepy zombies and biological horrors ranging from grossly mutated insects to humanoid killing machines? Well this is the eighth entry of it." They'd be fucking JARRED, brudda. You'd take one look at the game and while RE always had that B-movie cheesy vibe to it, this isn't even that. I truly expect the vampire woman and her daughters -- who by the way really need a fucking napkin -- to welcome you to their estate with some theatrical music performance or baroque dance number.

What the raid are you talking about? In a single game, Ethan is more fleshed out as a human being than any of the original protags whole careers - and by the way those original protags got bit over and over and over again through the years, and laughed it off every time with fucking color coded healing potions.

Nigga, this guy is taking fatal wounds in cutscenes. This isn't some "oh it's in the gameplay so obviously you have to have him tank a few hits or else it wouldn't be very fun." The first time I saw RE7 and decided I'd never play it was when Ethan's psycho girlfriend was wrecking him and then takes a chainsaw to cut off his arm and he ends up being fine after. Again, this wasn't something that happens in the gameplay, this happened in a cutscene and you're supposed to go "oh okay, makes sense" when he regains the use of his severed limb twenty minutes after being dismembered.

And let me go on here but we need to come to an agreement on this vampire woman. Look, I'd motorboat that bitch's titties with such conviction I'd sail the Atlantic with ease, we all would do that, the bitch is FINE. But she makes one visually SHITTY pursuer. The point of the pursuer is you don't want whatever that fucking thing is to catch you. Mr. X, Nemesis, Lisa Trevor, the whole gang are some repulsive and ugly motherfuckers that you want to turn 180 degrees from. I see this big tittied goth GF? "Oh no, I accidentally tripped... I hope you don't take advantage of me." Survival horror my ass, this is survival BONER!

Wunderbar

Arcane
Nigga, this guy is taking fatal wounds in cutscenes. This isn't some "oh it's in the gameplay so obviously you have to have him tank a few hits or else it wouldn't be very fun." The first time I saw RE7 and decided I'd never play it was when Ethan's psycho girlfriend was wrecking him and then takes a chainsaw to cut off his arm and he ends up being fine after. Again, this wasn't something that happens in the gameplay, this happened in a cutscene and you're supposed to go "oh okay, makes sense" when he regains the use of his severed limb twenty minutes after being dismembered.
why would you nitpick this of all things.

He would've died of blood loss soon after defeating his wife, but Jack Baker infected him with the mold. Capcom even lampshaded the ridiculousness of Ethan's regenerating abilities by having a hidden cutscene where Jack chops off his leg.

Generic-Giant-Spider

why would you nitpick this of all things.

When you're playing as the crash test dummy and getting your limbs butchered in cutscenes only to reattach or regrow or whatever you have successfully managed to create a really dumb gimmick that actively conflicts with the whole survival horror theme. It's so needlessly bonkers that it winds up being corny and cartoony in the worst way.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
I watched a LP of 7 and have no desire to play it myself because apart from the shock value of the cutscenes there's no interesting gameplay to be had.

Generic-Giant-Spider

REplayed REmake 1 (hahahahaha) and I'm still amazed how good this game looks nearly two decades later. Then I got sad realizing we'll probably never get another classic RE again because they initially released this masterpiece on a fucking purple cube.

Nintendo cocksuckers did this.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom