Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Troubleshooter: Abandoned Children - isometric tactical Korean SRPG

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
Im missing 7 enemies from troublemaker list any1 got some of these and which areas?

https://imgur.com/a/UD8vESY

Also buying bar for 200k that is probably not possible? At least I dont see any option to do that even when I got enough money for that.

Found Blood Strained Handaxe but it seems like no1 can use that weapon hmm

Zumbabul

Savant
Im missing 7 enemies from troublemaker list any1 got some of these and which areas?

https://imgur.com/a/UD8vESY
The first three are black tiger units. You can fight them in the mission where you control Leton and Carter. You can also attack them with ray in the mission with the train. But you need to be very fast.

The second three are unknown. To my knowledge, these are units from the DLC, but they were not yet introduced.

The last one is Silver. In order to fight him, you need to keep Anne out of his sight. As soon as he sees her, he will run away.

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
ts1NAWE.png

That took a while first and probably last game for me with 100% achievements. Now I take a break until new content.

Zumbabul

Savant
https://www.gamechosun.co.kr/webzine/article/view.php?no=174094&from=focus

This is an interview with developers devoted to the one year anniversary of the game release. It is in Korean, but google translates it well enough to understand. Here is a summary.

The devs tried to go for crowdfunding, but they failed. They did not give up, and made a prototype, which they showed to 'some community'. Since the prototype sucked, the people threw shit at the devs. The devs said thank you and reworked the game. They launched early access on steam. The game was not as good as it is today, and they received a lot of feedback (both negative and positive). They needed to react to the feedback, which extended the duration of the early access. In the process, they almost went bankrupt and the team almost broke. Nonetheless, they managed to finish the game. This is some insane degree of determination.

The devs say that the game is good now because they used two masterpieces as an example (nuXCOM and Final Fantasy Tactics) and they listened to the feedback of the players. Basically, they learned how to make a good game by listening to the players.

After they finish the current DLC, they will release the paid (!!!) cosmetic DLC (costumes-pack) and new paid (!!!) DLC that will introduce the 12th character. This is good news, because we will have two opportunities to give them money))) Fans demanded these opportunities, the devs listen to us)

The 12th character will be Misty. She will be a rouge. Since her name is Misty and she has a purple color, it is safe to assume that she will be a water user. Also rogue relies on poison and water enhances poison. So the water is a reasonable guess.

Currently, the devs release 1 mission per month. To finish the current DLC, they need to release 5 more missions. It is reasonable to assume that they will finish the DLC by the end of the summer, and by the end of September, we will see Misty. Probably they will need about a year to finish the new DLC, and the second season will probably start in September 2022. Unless the devs will use the influx of cash to hire more people.

The devs planned to introduce a 3rd advanced class, which was intended to be available at lvl 45. But they wanted to connect to some events in the story, so they delayed it. Probably, we will see it in season 2. Season 2 will extend outside of the wind wall district. My guess is that the story will be centered around Carter and the fortress.

PS: has anyone played Final Fantasy Tactics? Is it any good?

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The devs tried to go for crowdfunding, but they failed. They did not give up, and made a prototype, which they showed to 'some community'. Since the prototype sucked, the people threw shit at the devs. The devs said thank you and reworked the game. They launched early access on steam. The game was not as good as it is today, and they received a lot of feedback (both negative and positive). They needed to react to the feedback, which extended the duration of the early access. In the process, they almost went bankrupt and the team almost broke. Nonetheless, they managed to finish the game. This is some insane degree of determination.
Impressive.

MpuMngwana

Arbiter
It's one of my all time favorite games so, needless to say, I find it to be pretty good. A rare game that manages to nail the trinity of gameplay, visuals and story. The main draw is the insanely customizable job system, where each character can equip two jobs' worth of active abilities, along with various passives. Leveling up basic jobs unlocks higher tier jobs, and there is a large number of options to customize your gang of murderhobos. Classes themselves are a lot of fun and are distinct enough; alchemists make consumables the most potent form of healing, thieves for once have a moveset that centers around stealing instead of being just the fast dudes that stab people, knights destroy enemy equipment, etc. I also enjoyed the story quite a bit; the post-credits scene legitimately made me tear up a bit.

The game is not without flaws; there is, for example, a notoriously overpowered character that just gets handed to you near endgame. Also, for what it's worth, the battles are much smaller than Troubleshooter, and you generally field five characters on pretty small maps. That being said, the positives generally outweigh the negatives as far as I'm concerned.

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
After they finish the current DLC, they will release the paid (!!!) cosmetic DLC (costumes-pack) and new paid (!!!) DLC that will introduce the 12th character. This is good news, because we will have two opportunities to give them money))) Fans demanded these opportunities, the devs listen to us)
:d1p:
:takemymoney:

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

TROUBLESHOOTER: Abandoned Children

Tillkännagivande
[Notice] Next Update Announcement
d0d66c3d3bd3a5aa35ce9e42fd8cf59061d32637.jpg

Hello everyone, this is Troubleshooter development team.

It's already been a month since the last update.

We're sorry we couldn't tell you the update for this long without any notice.

The development team is developing a new Violent Case now.

Through this mission, you can acquire materials for making 50 level items and will add a new kind of beast.

It is taking more time than we expected due to the development team's desire to create characteristics that distinguish it from the existing beast and the development power that does not correspondingly.

The development team will do our best to finish this content so that it can be another fun elements.

Thank you for supporting the game and development team, which still have a lot to improve.

---------------------

The next update will be on May 4th at 5 p.m. (GMT + 9)

As soon as the details of the update are decided, we will let you know through additional notice.

Thank you.
icon_rate.png

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
From that artwork it looks like the new beast will be a crab monster. Heavily armored and able to immobilize enemies by grabbing them?

Siveon

Bot
I think for a game that generous on content, a cosmetic DLC is more than fine.

That might be my problem with cosmetic DLC in general, it's usually just content they made during development. So it's basically paying more for stuff already there.

Here, it's something extra they made after EVERYTHING, and that's fine. Plus, it's costumes you just normally pay for, no randomized chance.

Zumbabul

Savant
One of the things that differ Troubleshooter from XCOM is the difficulty curve. In XCOM, the beginning is hard, but the endgame is very easy. In troubleshooter, it is the opposite. The devs constantly increase the difficulty of the violent cases.

In my opinion, the reason for this is that they release 1 mission per month. At first, the mission is super hard. But over 1 month players adapt to the new mission, refine their build, farm equipment etc. Eventually, the mission became easy, and players start to whine that the game is too easy. This forces the devs to increase the difficulty of the next mission.

Zumbabul

Savant
https://www.gamemeca.com/view.php?gid=1658735

This is another Korean interview of the devs. It is more or less understandable with google translate. Here are some interesting facts.

When the game was launched in Early access it had 80% rating. After they addressed the players' feedback it raised to 94%.

Before the release of the game, they almost disbanded. But after the release, they got enough money to continue working. The devs were very grateful to the players for giving them an opportunity to continue to work. To say thank you, they made the current DLC free. (They were so glad that you bought their game, that they gave you DLC for free).

Before season 2, there will be more than 1 additional playable character. Misty will be a rouge with a dagger (which is reasonable).

They released the game in 'stove'. I guess it some Korean steam-like platform. Since this platform takes less percent than Steam, they lowered the price of the game. Because it is unfair.

TLDR; The devs love their fans and hate money. I really hope they will not end like Troika.

Siveon

Bot
I hope this team makes at least two more games with as much passion. I think they're contributing a lot to the people who own this game and I think they're setting an excellent example for their peers.

Especially in Korea, you don't see many games from Korea and I hope more people in that country try making a game that isn't totally mobile or online focused.

Tigranes

Arcane
https://www.gamechosun.co.kr/webzine/article/view.php?no=174094&from=focus

This is an interview with developers devoted to the one year anniversary of the game release. It is in Korean, but google translates it well enough to understand. Here is a summary.

The devs say that the game is good now because they used two masterpieces as an example (nuXCOM and Final Fantasy Tactics) and they listened to the feedback of the players. Basically, they learned how to make a good game by listening to the players.

The 12th character will be Misty. She will be a rouge. Since her name is Misty and she has a purple color, it is safe to assume that she will be a water user. Also rogue relies on poison and water enhances poison. So the water is a reasonable guess.

Currently, the devs release 1 mission per month. To finish the current DLC, they need to release 5 more missions. It is reasonable to assume that they will finish the DLC by the end of the summer, and by the end of September, we will see Misty. Probably they will need about a year to finish the new DLC, and the second season will probably start in September 2022. Unless the devs will use the influx of cash to hire more people.

The devs planned to introduce a 3rd advanced class, which was intended to be available at lvl 45. But they wanted to connect to some events in the story, so they delayed it. Probably, we will see it in season 2. Season 2 will extend outside of the wind wall district. My guess is that the story will be centered around Carter and the fortress.

To add:

• The interviewed dev cites as personal likes: Civ 5, CK2, Cowboy Bebop, Les Miserables, Earthsea - alongside nuXCom/FFT as the direct inspirations that they claim they played dozens of times to study & learn from.
  • Irene was the fastest character to conceptualise & write, and even now, whenever they write about Irene, the work gets done faster because... well, whatever she does in any situation is pretty obvious.
  • The team risked breaking up just before release. Reasons not given.
  • "Episode 2" will focus on the Spoon people who left the current district, & Albus' company getting license to roam farther beyond as well due to raised level - so will include both current areas & new ones.
  • There are financial dilemmas around new DLCs at the moment, because new full releases get much better exposure on Steam than new DLCs, meaning the former is actually "cheaper" on marketing in a way. They hope to use currently WIP DLC to find finances for the sequel - but may also have to do crowdfunding.

Lhynn

Arcane
Sad that there arent any new videos. I want to show friends the game but all i have is the steam page thing, which is outdated and the even more outdated "2020" trailer, with ps2 era graphics that was made in 2016.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I'm really impressed by this game. Didn't expect much, the Korean animu aesthetics definitely weren't a draw.
But the complexity of the systems, the overpowered abilities and mastery combos, the variety of classes and abilities is just... insane.
Plus its a huge game!

When you think you're familiar with the mechanics, new enemies, new classes, new abilities, and even new mechanics come into play... and repeatedly so, throughout the game.

With separate (but also very wide) ability systems for drones/robots, almost-separate ability trees for animal companions, etc.

Last edited:

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Oh boy, the "ani-sniper training" mission is annoying.
So, they say they want to practice combat vs enemy snipers... and make you play a single one (with a sidekick and just a few suppressors), while assaulting you with your own elite troops and an overwhelming wave of VHPD.

Edit: What's annoying is that in a mission like violent 46 Magenta Street North you're constantly assaulted by 3-4 out-of-reach (why you cannot Wind-walk there?) snipers assist firing after every enemy attack (also off each other).
Now that's sniper power.
Here they give you 1 sniper, 1 support guy/gal and a few (nearly) useless toons and confront you with overwhelming forces.

Last edited:

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Smoke grenades are your friend. Headshot immunity and greatly increased miss chance for all those pesky snipers.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom