Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem - open world isometric action-RPG

deama

Prophet
There's that necromancer class in grim dawn, I think normally max is like 7 skellies, but you can push the skill higher with item enhancements, so I think max at that point would be 11-13? Wish they did more, but oh well.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Fuck that. I want so many on the screen that other players on weak computers crash.

Path of Exile is the game for it. 10 normal skeletons, 10 zombies, 1-2 golems, an animated guardian and 3 specters. Add that temporary summons like Army of Darkness, spider swarm, 20 angry firey skulls or 20 animated weapon.
Glorious carnage <3

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
From this thread i found out 2 things - Wolcen is still shit (shame really) and i found out about Last Epoch so thats something.
Thanks Codex :)

I hope you enjoy Last Epoch more than I did. I really wanted to like it, but it just didn't cut it.

Peachcurl

Cipher
Path of Exile is the game for it. 10 normal skeletons, 10 zombies, 1-2 golems, an animated guardian and 3 specters. Add that temporary summons like Army of Darkness, spider swarm, 20 angry firey skulls or 20 animated weapon.
Glorious carnage <3

You forgot 40 skellies from the Vaal form of that skill (unless that is what you mean by Army of Darkness). :)

abija

Prophet
In case anyone's interested: this game is still in a sad state, long after release.

- The attribute system is still uhm... very strange
- Fairly janky gameplay for a bunch of skills (such as projectiles colliding with a mob immediately behind you instead of shooting out the front)
- Summon skills are still a mess, despite some half assed band-aids. Minion AI is awful ('What a nice wall to shoot at! Go team minion!').
- Mechanics are still incredibly obscure for many skills and passives. And since no one gives a fuck about the game, it's pretty hard to find out any details
- PASSIVE WHEEL CAN TURN ... OOOOWHEEEEEEEE!
- The limitation on the number of skills feels much too restrictive
- And of course the character models are still wrecked (Ok, doesn't really matter since you won't see much of them once the screen fills up with the usual fire works... oh, and if you have a long legs fetish: this is still the right game for yo!)
- Still some skill modifiers not working at all. Doing nothing. Zero.
- Aspect transformation still feels entirely superflous

But thank god they implemented important fluff like pets. Couldn't play the game without my gold-collecting goodboy!
Heard they are hiring for console port.

Peachcurl

Cipher
oh the end game content...

Step 1: Start an "expedition".
Step 2: Can't finish because no exit portal.
Step 3: Google search.
Step 4: Find out that bug is more than a year old.
Step 5: Read entertaining messages such as "This is an isolated incident.... wth spend 2 seconds search and you have an answer with no post needed." on reddit. lol.

:0-13:

ferratilis

Magister
Lol these guys are still adding content to the game even though there are still bugs that linger since release. Truly gormless.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Sounds great except by the "end game armor". Is that hard to make armor who looks like armor? But thanks for tagging me. I remember that removed wolcen on my wishlist but don't remember exactly why.

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
Lol these guys are still adding content to the game even though there are still bugs that linger since release. Truly gormless.

That's basic business with ARPG's these days though.

ferratilis

Magister
That's basic business with ARPG's these days though.

Yes, but it doesn't have to be that way. Grim Dawn has proven that you don't have to focus on ladders, mtx, and adding content non-stop at the detriment of base game quality. I believe Wolcen would have benefitted more from taking that approach rather than imitating Diablo 3 and Path of Exile. Granted, the last time I played PoE and D3 was around 4 years, but I doubt they've changed for the better.

ADL

Prophet
Of course it isn't GOG, else I'd have it.
Don't think it'll ever be considered DRM-free since it operates just like Diablo 3 and Path of Exile. Mandatory online gateways, all client data is stored server-side.

Wish they'd handle post-launch content better because I do like the "combat weight" that this has versus other aRPGs. Makes everything else seem floaty in comparison.

Perkel

Arcane
? Wolcen has local accounts and was cracked day1. In fact playing single player is best way to play it because online portion has shitty lag that makes weapons like shotgun almost unplayable. Shotgun in singleplayer is great shotgun in multiplayer doesn't even hit half of enemies.

ferratilis

Magister
I do like the "combat weight" that this has versus other aRPGs. Makes everything else seem floaty in comparison.

This is the saddest part. Moment-to-moment gameplay is the best I've experienced in an ARPG, everything has weight, effects look good, there's feedback when you hit an enemy. But everything else is either shit or completely boring.

I didn't think I was ever gonna reinstall because they neglected campaign in favour of "endgame" but I might actually give this a try and see if their new summoning stuff is any good, seeing as how rare good summoning mechanics are in ARPGs that aren't Diablo 2.

ADL

Prophet
Same week as Last Epoch's 0.9 update and two days before Diablo 4's beta lolwhatthefuck

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Same week as Last Epoch's 0.9 update and two days before Diablo 4's beta lolwhatthefuck

They probably hired Pierre Begue as their business consultant.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom