Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Phantasy Star Online 2

Why not?

• I'm not gay enough

• It's too popamole

• Anime is for pedos

• I secretly play it when the Codex isn't looking

• I prefer ESO (kc)

• I'm too retarded

Results are only viewable after voting.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Does anyone actually like playing Force? I don't know about effectiveness, but this class feels like shit.
Rare class to see in pubs. Like some of the most unpopular classes there's way too much setup with the payoff being admittedly pretty flashy but it's just very unwieldy.
You just killed any desire to play with this pic. 11 stars in "rarity". Dafug is this powercreep.
There is a powercreep but the game basically starts with level 1 items being like... 6-7 in rarity. Because of events it's fairly easy to jump the powercreep altogether, and thus far there is 1-2 defacto best weapons for each class.
What you should be more worried about is how he got those items. Cuz that's hours and hours of work for a crafting process that REQUIRES a third party tool (else you'd get lost), as well as a chance of losing hours of money if you don't do it right.
I spit on affixing, although I commend Reinhardt's perseverance.

Emmanuel2

Savant
The crafting only took an hour or two total.

Farming the affixes needed are a different story though. I basically stockpiled my crack and veteran's resolve through the months, then never sold anything with Soul and Reverie on them. Once boost week came out I just compressed my affixes enough for 3 Guardian Souls, buying the 3 absolute glares needed from the market. And yeah, you need to do it right. If you misclick something in the fodder process that's potentially tens of millions of meseta wasted. The chance to fail is also gone due to 4-slot insurances, so there is no actual risk but you need hundreds of millions of meseta to keep buying the recycle badges needed.

For reference, this is the "simplified" recipe I used for my God Units. It is very unwieldy to make and a pain in the ass to actually go through all those UIs. NGS will do away with the needlessly complex system making it simple but it will be just as grindy.

Morenatsu.

Liturgist
I spit on affixing, although I commend Reinhardt's perseverance.
Don't you mean...?

I bothered to learn how to affix during that boost. I pretty much never did it before. What did I make? I don't know, some crap mostly using stuff in my inventory. Add some cheap-ass Glares and Souls and a bit of Doom Break and whatever's left over, then add some Mana Reverie, the end. The numbers went higher than my numbers have ever been before. Only did six slots, can transfer up to better units if I ever bother to get any. I also have never bought any equipment from players before this. It was kind of fun, but as the kind of person who ignores equipment until the very last minute, it's never going to get any better than this.

‘omg but wheres the absolute guardian crack resolve uber unit!!! do u even affix bro!!!’ Well, do the people who make God-Units actually need them?

Emmanuel2

Savant
If someone tells you that you need God Units, tell them to fuck off lol. There is absolutely no content that needs them.

For a good chunk of people, it's just a flex of money or a reason to be a dick to public lobbies. For some it's just their goal to get the best of the best gear, of which there's nothing inherently wrong about it.

For the rest it's about being competitive and pushing out faster times in the content they're running (Ultimate Sodam, Masq, XQ4 solo, etc.) or they're trying to push for a higher score in Endless Recollection/Rondo. I fall here and I really like seeing my times go lower with practice and gear.

Morenatsu.

Liturgist
I'm not sure if I've seen anyone who specifically says that, more just that if you don't affix, you super suck at the game and die. But it doesn't seem to me like that really matters for most public groups.

Speaking of that, the other day I ended up playing Primordial Darkness with the worst group ever. At one point all of them died except me. In a full 12-person group. wat. Well, this was on Extra Hard, and it seemed like they'd only just unlocked it. With the EXP boosts and keys, I guess they must not have really earned it. But surely lower level players can do better than that, right? There were some max-level players there, too, and this was when I was playing Force and had a lot of trouble dealing with the slow charging and lack of PP, and yet I still performed better than them anyway? I was trying to do something to prevent their deaths, but it seems no amount of Deband or Resta or Megiverse can save people like that. I know, I suppose they just had low defense from weak equipment and low levels, but... that's no excuse! Eventually I quit and re-accepted at the last minute so I could just do it by myself on an easier difficulty.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Don't worry about it I get names right all the time.

There used to be people who would just - look at their team's equipment and give them a whining party. Now they just whine on the PSO2 discord. RN that unofficial discord is like the center for tryhards and affixing apologists. Calling them 'affixing apologists' is just a jab, but there's a reason why it was p much gutted in NGS.

Morenatsu.

Liturgist
PSO2 Tweaker is an utter piece of shit, deleted my entire game instead of updating, so I had to start over from the Japanese version and update that through Steam.

And then, after installing the entire game, launching it, seeing it working completely fine, Tweaker DELETES THE ENTIRE FUCKING GAME AGAIN. FUCK YOU.

Self-Ejected

Alphard

Self-Ejected
This game would be fun if only had content. Also they removed the only way f2p had to sell stuff to other players, so premium players get rich easy farming resurgir weapons, while the rest is stuck with loot they cannot sell and that will become obsolete next patch. SEGA so greedy

Morenatsu.

Liturgist
It does have content, though. Just not in New Genesis. Speaking of NGS, it's really easy. Playing Gunner, I have infinite dodging and easy chaining. Also, I didn't get to try the urgent quest until now, and then it crashed! And it was too late to reaccept. Wow, great, thanks. The combat isn't much fun, anyway.

Lhynn

Arcane
It does have content, though. Just not in New Genesis. Speaking of NGS, it's really easy. Playing Gunner, I have infinite dodging and easy chaining. Also, I didn't get to try the urgent quest until now, and then it crashed! And it was too late to reaccept. Wow, great, thanks. The combat isn't much fun, anyway.
Theres a ridiculous high requeriment for the urgent quest. 1184 power to be able to access it. So unless you are close to maxed in at least one class you aint getting in.

Morenatsu.

Liturgist
Theres a ridiculous high requeriment for the urgent quest. 1184 power to be able to access it. So unless you are close to maxed in at least one class you aint getting in.
That's high? If you finish most of the quests and collect all the skill points, you're already there...

Self-Ejected

Alphard

Self-Ejected
it took a bit of grinding of maerials and weekly for meseta but i'm almost lv 20 with hunter and BP 1250. Now the game consist in spamming the same 3 locations with same monsters endlessy and UQ when it pops up. it seems they launched 1 year before the game was readyw tih a true end game

Smigle

Literate
I got interested in it and then bounced off seeing those repulsive graphics. I cannot deal with square maps with flat textures in current times, all the new games got me spoiled.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom