Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News ADOMs on the Cheaper

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: ADOM; Assemble Entertainment; Bastian von Gostomski; Björn Loesing; Carola Sochiera; Jochen Terstiege; Krzysztof Dycha; Lucas Dieguez; Thomas Biskup; Ultimate ADOM: Caverns of Chaos

I don't normally post sales, but I noticed that both commercial Ancient Domain of Mystery games are on sale on Steam. You can snag the regular one on Steam or on GOG for roughly $10 through May 6th, or you can snag the Ultimate(not sure how accurate that is) one on Steam for 25% off. There's also a bundle on Steam where you get both for 34% off, which is a heck of a nice deal.
ADOM:

Ultimate ADOM:

Given all the remakes and remasters these days, this is the kind of that thing that I'd rather see.

Last edited by a moderator:

Skdursh

Savant
I absolutely hate the character design in this. The gameplay might be solid, but I'd still prefer ASCII over this visual abomination any day.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
You can toggle between the new graphics and ASCII.

Hell, there's even an ASCII isometric mode, which I'm not sure what to think about:

ss_5f4fb2eaba368615d9ea6ae760e905e1d00e4cfa.jpg

Wish they'd toggle GOG on for Ultimate Adom. Wtf is the deal here?

Kind of odd that Ultimate ADOM isn't on GOG because it looks like the same people did both.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
I lost hundreds if not thousands hours on the original ASCII ADOM [the 'fake ASCII' mode in the Steam version doesn't play as fast as the original]. Anyone care to comment on what the 'Ultimate' version is?

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I lost hundreds if not thousands hours on the original ASCII ADOM [the 'fake ASCII' mode in the Steam version doesn't play as fast as the original]. Anyone care to comment on what the 'Ultimate' version is?

It claims to be a sequel to the original. I'm not a massive fan as it doesn't seem to have any of the overworld elements that I liked about ADOM.

It does seem to have a lot of race/class combos though, much like the original.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Thanks! Indeed, overworld exploration was fun; especially when new updates added staff that was a complete suprise (like the Minotaur Maze)...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom