Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Devil May Cry 5

I wish there was a difficulty in between SOS and DMD that gives enemies DT without adding HP bloat. I would've that loved that. As it is, DMD is too tedious for me and SOS mostly easy except for Urizen and Vergil fights.

Last edited:

Lambach

Arcane
I wish there was a difficulty in between SOS and DMD that gives enemies DT without adding HP bloat. I would've that loved that. As it is, DMD is too tedious for me and SOS mostly easy except for Urizen and Vergil fights.

Yeah, I remember giving up on DMD last time because playing V when the enemy has that much health bloat is pure misery. Nero was OK, tho. I'll probably mod or cheat this time around to get through V's missions on that difficulty.

That said, I guess I was just having a bad day on Saturday. Sat down to play today and rekt Mission 12 on the first attempt, even got an A Ranking (IIRC getting an S on this mission is notoriously difficult due to the game being extremely stingy with Stylish Points on it for some reason). I also cruised relatively easily through Missions 13-17, dying only once vs King Cerberus and once more vs Mission 17 Urizen, but ultimately getting an S on both Missions in the 2nd attempt.

Currently getting my ass kicked by Shadow, Griffon and Nightmare, tho.

Ivan

Arcane
Wish DMC6 sticks with just one character this time. It's been two entries in a row with multi-protag now. V killed my drive to keep playing on higher difficulties.

That said, it's still mind boggling how good this game plays and looks. The animation work is jaw dropping.

Suicidal

Arcane
DMC 6 should be about Dante and Vergil stuck in hell after the ending of 5. It's about time Vergil got more focus than just being a DLC character in every game.

Anonona

Learned
DMC 6 should be about Nero and Gene from God Hand going on a road trip to find Uncle Dante and Vergil. Add Demi-fiend as a surprise 5th character and you finally go full circle.

Bayonetta as secret boss/6th character

Last edited:

Lambach

Arcane
Son of Sparda done without a single Revive or Continue. Vergil was a motherfucker, but what was hilarious is that even though I barely managed to take him out with like 5% Health remaining after 10 attempts and by cheesing the fuck outta the fight, I still got an S Rank on Mission 19, probably because I ended the fight with a bitching Sin DT Combo.

Anyone know of any mods that let you play V's missions as another character? Fuck going through DMD with that guy, the health bloat is absurd.

The health bloat was already too much for me with Nero because I cannot be arsed to learn that Exceed garbage and without it he does pretty much no damage on DMD. The whole idea of having to always press another button to time it with attack button just so you could do full damage is not appealing to me at all. And on top of that I gotta keep charging the pistol too. Since those things were completely unnecessary below DMD I actually mistook Nero for a character I enjoy playing, but DMD set me straight. Maybe next time they can make more than one third of a good game.

Last edited:

Anonona

Learned
Fuck going through DMD with that guy, the health bloat is absurd.

Funny enough I think his damage is actually quite decent, but he really relays a lot on the devil trigger meter. Using RT + X or Y to make Shadow or Gryphon stronger and attack by themselves helps quite a bit not only at doing more damage, but setting up combos and controlling enemies. Always be taunting or reading to build up gauge and style and use Devil Trigger gratuitously. Nightmare damage is insane, including the first hit when summoned. The biggest flaw of V in my opinion is that his mobility is shit even with his summons help, and getting used to his attacks takes awhile. Also without DT meter is true that his damage absolutely sucks and really needs you to build it up fast. He is also the only character with which I use L3 to change targets manually, he really demands you to focus on crowd control to avoid getting hit.

Lambach

Arcane
The health bloat was already too much for me with Nero because I cannot be arsed to learn that Exceed garbage and without it he does pretty much no damage on DMD. The whole idea of having to always press another button to time it with attack button just so you could do full damage is not appealing to me at all. And on top of that I gotta keep charging the pistol too. Since those things were completely unnecessary below DMD I actually mistook Nero for the character I enjoy playing, but DMD set me straight. Maybe next time they can make more than one third of a good game.

I can't imagine playing SoS Nero without constantly charging the gun, it became a conditioned reflex for me. The damage you do with that stacks up really nicely during any fight over time, specially against bosses where it's indispensable. But yeah, fuck Exceed. I guess you really gotta make use of Devil Breakers on DMD too, which is something I've only occasionally used on Devil Hunter/SoS against bosses (Ragtime slaps bitches).

I'm wondering if it's worth the effort of going through DMD or if I should just focus on beating Bloody Palace with Dante.

......... Or maybe not.

The damage from fully charged gun is nice but I always had problem with how long it took to charge it, so only really used it on bosses.
Anyway, I guess one of the options for you could be to just download the save with all levels unlocked on all difficulties and just do the Dante parts.

Ivan

Arcane
a game starring Sparda would be pretty cool. fresh start, new characters. where else can they take dante and virgil if they've already reconciled

Citizen

No reboots please, we've been through this already. DMC = funny red jacket pizza guy

Dedicated_Dark

Arbiter
No reboots please, we've been through this already. DMC = funny red jacket pizza guy
Don't think they are brave enough to reboot a second time. Look at Resident Evil games, that shit certainly could use a reboot, they even soft rebooted it with 7 and the remakes but continues to pretend it wasn't.

ekrolo2

Learned
Anyone know of any mods that let you play V's missions as another character? Fuck going through DMD with that guy, the health bloat is absurd.
There's the Coop trainer that letts you swap characters around for every mission, it also adds in coop for the campaign and bloody palace, even with Vergil: https://www.nexusmods.com/devilmaycry5/mods/353

I recommend the SSSaiyan trainer too. It let's you add stuff like inertia from 4, swapping devil breakers for Nero, turbo mode, legendary dark knight mode, even altering enemy parameters to make normal a bit harder or DMD a bit easier.

Those two mods make DMC5 on PC a special edition in all but name.

Lambach

Arcane
Welp, I did it, lads. I actually fucking did it. It's been more than two whole months after my latest post in this thread, more than two whole months of grueling, brutalizing practice, but I finally did it. I beat this fucker on Dante Must Die difficulty with both Dante and Virgil and as of a couple of hours earlier today, I beat the Bloody Palace with both of those guys as well (don't really care enough to attempt it with either Nero or V). No Golden/Red Orbs to revive, no Checkpoint continuing, no Dr. Faust gimmicks to beat the bosses or anything of that sort (emulating the old-school DMC 3 release). Just pure button-mashing, reflex-fucking mayhem. My back is still tense, the index finger on my right hand is cursing the day I was born, but it all feels so good.

The difference in my playstyle between the time I made my previous posts and today is absolutely night and day. I'm still not anywhere near the level of some gods of DMC5*, but I am just so much better, recognizing enemy attack patterns without even thinking about them, effortlessly switching between Styles and modes and utilizing them to their (near) full potentials, smartly rationing all resources like DT/Sin DT, Concentration, Devil Breakers etc.

Vyadhis

Learned
Is the DMC collection alright to buy on steam? I really don't feel like trying to emulate and I don't have a switch.

Bahamut

Arcane
Is the DMC collection alright to buy on steam? I really don't feel like trying to emulate and I don't have a switch.

It's alright, dmc1 has some graphic and audio things messed or missing, but if you not played the original you won't notice

Ezekiel

Arcane
Still only six levels into Son of Sparda after finishing the game the week it came out. The three character structure is that dull to me. Have forgotten what few of the goth kid's summon moves I knew. Don't understand why fans want the games to be split up like this. Last one I really liked was Devil May Cry 3. A character or two need(s) to get dropped with the next one. Have the player go through the next story with one character and then have the events and routes change somewhat, like Resident Evil 1 and 2. Probably just two campaigns/story characters max, then add other characters whom you can play through with no money spent on cutscenes or story, like Virgil in DMC3 Special Edition. Pretty disappointed with how this series has progressed. The story of DMC5 felt pretty pointless/unimportant too, but I can't remember now what it's about.

Dedicated_Dark

Arbiter
.. The three character structure is that dull to me. Have forgotten what few of the goth kid's summon moves I knew. Don't understand why fans want the games to be split up like this...
Fans do not want this, capcom is feeding it to us and when the games come once in 10 years it's hard to complain about anything. Nobody wants to fucking play as V in DMC5 and most of us would prefer character selection for all levels or a single protagonist.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom