Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Together in Battle - the next strategy RPG from Telepath Tactics developer - now available on Early Access

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

With a deterministic core that never wastes your time, Together in Battle nonetheless features dizzying tactical depth. Shove enemies into environmental hazards, off of cliffs, or into each other; take up defensive positions in tall grass, or hack it all down to deny that same advantage to the enemy; set traps and detonate explosives; build bridges and barricades; freeze water; burn down trees. The battlefield environment is yours to command!

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Ever get so tired of having to remember your music tracks, loops, and sound effects that you program a custom audio browser directly into your game's dialogue tree and script editor to auto-appear whenever you input a matching action type? 'Cause I did!

Generic-Giant-Spider

Better not make the spiders look like FAGS or I will sue.

Don't mess with me.

Pocgels

Scholar
Will Ryan Richko be doing the music again? It was the only thing that got me through some of the sluggish moments in the last game

Craig Stern

Sinister Design
Developer
how do you fit 72 classes but only 150 abilities

Valid question! About 2/3rds of those classes are branching promotions--the promoted classes build upon the skills from their associated base class rather than using all-new skills. Moreover, many of the alternate promoted classes offer different passive abilities, equipment type access, and alternate stats rather than just alternate skills. I hope that makes sense!

the mole

Learned
Shitposter
I think I saw some elevation in a few video portions

so I'm assuming there is a ranger class that gets bonus damage from elevation

and that in general accuracy is based on elevation with characters being more accurate from higher elevation

Zyondyne

Learned
Late to the party, but the new portraits are one the best investments you could have made, both for this and for Telepath Tactics remake.

In this kind of game you spend a lot of time looking at the portraits so it would have really been a shame to keep the old ones which were, honestly, pretty mediocre.

I'll keep an eye on your games, I kinda enjoyed the original Telepath Tactics back in the day but the memory leaking bug never allowed me to finish it.

Last edited:

Mustawd

In this kind of game you spend a lot of time looking at the portraits so it would have really been a shame to keep the old one which were, honestly, pretty mediocre.

I’ll add to that by also saying that I thought the pixel art was done well. So the lower quality of the original portraits in TT just really clashed and brought the overall look down.

Not trying to pile on, but moreso saying that it’s an interesting lesson in art direction in a general sense: Art quality across asset types must be complementary to each other.

Craig Stern

Sinister Design
Developer
Hey folks! With TTL out and in good shape post-launch, I took a week or so to get a Together in Battle demo together for Steam's "Going Rogue" festival this week. It lets you play through the first 14 days/~5 battles; enough to get a feel for the core loop, experience some of the proc gen characters and random events, and generally see how things are coming together.

Try it out here! And as always: wishlist, tell your mom, recommend it to Splattercat, etc. etc. ;)

vazha

Arcane
when's the planned release date? Do you plan to do any dlc stuff or will it be a gold edition from the get-go?

Craig Stern

Sinister Design
Developer
when's the planned release date? Do you plan to do any dlc stuff or will it be a gold edition from the get-go?

The plan is to release it into Early Access either late this year or late January 2023. I haven't made any plans for DLC. I've never sold DLC for a game before; but if I were to try that out with TiB, I definitely would not do it during early access!

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

The plan is to release it into Early Access either late this year or late January 2023. I haven't made any plans for DLC. I've never sold DLC for a game before; but if I were to try that out with TiB, I definitely would not do it during early access!
I'd buy a character creation dlc so you don't have to play as some impersonal squadcom.

Zyondyne

Learned
Hey folks! With TTL out and in good shape post-launch, I took a week or so to get a Together in Battle demo together for Steam's "Going Rogue" festival this week. It lets you play through the first 14 days/~5 battles; enough to get a feel for the core loop, experience some of the proc gen characters and random events, and generally see how things are coming together.

Try it out here! And as always: wishlist, tell your mom, recommend it to Splattercat, etc. etc. ;)

Just curious, I know Together In Battle came first with the new engine and everything and then Telepath Tactics Liberated came second (although they release in reverse order).

But what exactly stops Together In Battle to be a Telepath Tactics Liberated campaign? Aside from the random character generator and the food mechanic (a leftover of it is also in TT: Liberated).

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member

Hear what's new in Sinister Design games and get an introduction to some of the mechanics underlying Together in Battle's new alpha demo (which you can--and should--grab for yourself over on Steam!

Craig Stern

Sinister Design
Developer
But what exactly stops Together In Battle to be a Telepath Tactics Liberated campaign? Aside from the random character generator and the food mechanic (a leftover of it is also in TT: Liberated).

The two games share an engine; technically speaking, one could run the other. The main thing that stops it is that I, the creator, live in the real world with ongoing expenses and a body that requires food and shelter to survive. TiB has not been cheap to develop; I need to at least try to make that money back, if not some profit I can use toward developing the game that comes after. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
New trailer:

Together in Battle is a strategy RPG and team management roguelite with vibrant procedurally generated characters and emergent relationship-building. Uncover a sinister conspiracy; fight deep turn-based tactical battles; deal with random events; watch your characters grow together.

Craig Stern

Sinister Design
Developer
In addition to the new trailer, there's a demo up for Steam Next Fest--one week only, so make sure to check it out while you can! (Also recommended: wish-listing the game, telling your friends, etc. etc.)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom