Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Thonius

Arcane
Uh, that cliche.... at least make it suck your power out or something like that. Or cursed. Just some twist, please.

Nothing will ever beat Lilarcor
Did you mean that based flail? Yeah. Oh you meant that shitty talking sword.. uh
Oh shit reread that letter and apparently it's going to be le funny sword... uh. It should at least change personality according to your actions or something... OOOOOOR you could trap souls in there could be original somewhat.

Last edited:

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Haplo you're right in general, but they seem to choose the path that bypasses it. If it is not a specific weapon with its history as a weapon, but a being that does not know that it is actually a weapon - then this is the story of this being and not the weapon itself. So this being can become anything and do not diminish it.

Surely, the idea of Honjo Masamune morphing into a peasant sickle is abhorrent, but (if Owlcat Games are to be believed) this is not the case in WotR.

Darth Gnome

Literate
I've always wanted to see an intelligent weapon implemented per the D&D rules, where it had a purpose (ie kill message board trolls). If the wielder defied that special purpose, he could be taken over by the weapon. Also, I've never seen an intelligent weapon, in a crpg, be used where it can use its special abilities on its own initiative.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Haplo you're right in general, but they seem to choose the path that bypasses it. If it is not a specific weapon with its history as a weapon, but a being that does not know that it is actually a weapon - then this is the story of this being and not the weapon itself. So this being can become anything and do not diminish it.

Surely, the idea of Honjo Masamune morphing into a peasant sickle is abhorrent, but (if Owlcat Games are to be believed) this is not the case in WotR.

Well, let's see how they pull that of. Hope you're right!

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
I hated that sword from Baldur's Gate 2. It stops being funny when you hear the same freaking:
>Are we gonna kill something now? No? How about now? No?
>I may be an intelligent sword, but I've had no formal edumication. (You already said that fifty times! It wasn't even funny the first time!!)
For hours and hours on end! A constant barrage on my psyche it was! I threw that bastard at the sewer where I found the accursed item, for some other poor soul to find.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
PLANESCAPE: Torment.

Just in case you thought I was thinking of another game.

Lilarcor had upwards of 50 banters. Most of them amusing. Even if it is irritating, its part of the item's lore. It talks about how the annoying persona trapped in the blade constantly tests the wielder's psyche. It's almost better if it's obnoxious. That would make it a properly cursed weapon. Super powerful, but the rewards come at their own cost. That's why I liked The Tome of Pestilent Thought so much in PS:T. It was the only way to get some powerful spells (to my recollection), but the player had to engage in some truly heinous acts to get them. I also like how it leads you down the path of darkness gradually. While the Lilarcor was fun, that's largely because it was novel. The C&C of that evil book was more prestigious.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
I threw that bastard at the sewer where I found the accursed item, for some other poor soul to find.
I think that's what they were going for. The swords description talks about how that's common for it's owner if I recall. A sword that's pretty powerful for when you get it but is so annoying that you consider nerfing yourself

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Honestly, they ought to release it when they have the least amount of bugs possible. Everyone laughed when P:K was released because "new studio", but now... ? Now there are expectations, and standards. I doubt it would go over well.

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
Honestly, they ought to release it when they have the least amount of bugs possible. Everyone laughed when P:K was released because "new studio", but now... ? Now there are expectations, and standards. I doubt it would go over well.
Yeah, a second buggy release will cement their reputation as the buggy studio. That's the kind of reputation they don't need. They have to take their time here.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I trust Owlcat Games enough to give them money for their Kickstarter, because I still can't believe how good Kingmaker was. With every major player in the industry focusing on dumb shit that nobody with a functioning brain cares about ("let's voice fucking EVERYTHING, EVEN THE INVENTORY IF NECESSARY!", "how many pwafis make a dwumbi?", and "let's animate anal sex between a gay vampire and a giant badger!"), a Pathfinder game THAT good made by an unknown studio shouldn't have even been possible.

But hoping for the WotR release not to be a buggy mess requires levels of optimism and naivety I'm not willing to reach.

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
I trust Owlcat Games enough to give them money for their Kickstarter, because I still can't believe how good Kingmaker was. With every major player in the industry focusing on dumb shit that nobody with a functioning brain cares about ("let's voice fucking EVERYTHING, EVEN THE INVENTORY IF NECESSARY!", "how many pwafis make a dwumbi?", and "let's animate anal sex between a gay vampire and a giant badger!"), a Pathfinder game THAT good made by an unknown studio shouldn't have even been possible.

But hoping for the WotR release not to be a buggy mess requires levels of optimism and naivety I'm not willing to reach.
I'm an optimist at heart. Even now. I don't expect it, but I still hope for it.

Lacrymas

Arcane

Too bad Pathfinder has a shitty setting and lousy modules in that setting. I respect their decision to adapt pre-written campaigns, but afaik both Kingmaker and WotR are two of the worst in an already not very respectful line-up. I somehow doubt I'll enjoy WotR as much as I'd like simply because of the epic nature. Owlcat have to be wizards in order to balance mythic abilities.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
If you want to hit kobold for 30 hours this is not the game for you.

You are Level 6 by the time chapter 1 ends which takes roughly around 8 hours i think

Lacrymas

Arcane
Level 6 is already close to endgame in my books. I grieve for the lost art of low level content. That's why I make my own campaigns and settings now.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
"9th tier spells" is not "Level 9" AFAIK. Elminster is what? - level 40? Or level 35?

He is not only immortal, but invincible, which is more difficult.

Efe

Erudite
its mythic level 9.
has nothing to do with character levels or spell levels

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom