Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Chivalry 2 - the massacre continues

kreight

https://chivalry2.com

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/chivalry-2/home

Chivalry 2 is a multiplayer first person slasher inspired by epic medieval movie battles. Players are thrust into the action of every iconic moment of the era - from clashing swords, to storms of flaming arrows, to sprawling castle sieges and more.

Planned released date - June 8.

I played the closed alpha/beta. It is as hilarious as ever.

Last edited by a moderator:

kreight

Chivalry 2 Alpha Round 11 will be available to Xbox Insiders (and existing PC key holders) starting February 23 at 10am PST!

This large-scale alpha will allow Xbox One players via the Xbox Insider Program to play alongside PC players using Cross-Play. If you'd like to join in the alpha on your Xbox please review the "How To Play" section below.

In addition to the Xbox One, the Chivalry 2 Alpha is available on Xbox Series X|S consoles via backwards compatibility but does not contain any Xbox Series X|S enhancements at this time.

Those who have already been granted Epic Game Store keys will be able to play on PC with Xbox One players on February 23. Early sign-up for Xbox is available now!

ADL

Prophet
lol at anyone who expected anything else
Go play Mordhau, the game those developers made because they were so tired of Torn Banner's shit.

kreight

Yeah right. Their last game Mirage got eastern magic theme with blacks and females. So nazis who usually play these types of games got pissed and bombed the game on steam very hard. Fuck off you dimwits.

Beowulf

Arcane
lol at anyone who expected anything else
Go play Mordhau, the game those developers made because they were so tired of Torn Banner's shit.

Mordhau had its own share of different problems. It's not as fun to play as Chiv, unless you are into duels, that is.

PanDupa

Educated
Got the beta key and played few matches. Its really unimpressive, combat fell like very dumb down mordhaus (mechanics and 'feel'). Looks like they aiming for console players, if your on PC mordhau is way better game.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'd probably buy it if it was on Steam on release simply because I want some other medieval slashing mp modern game than Bannerlord, but since it's Epic only I'll pass, and by the time it arrives on Steam it'll be half dead at best.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Yeah right. Their last game Mirage got eastern magic theme with blacks and females. So nazis who usually play these types of games got pissed and bombed the game on steam very hard. Fuck off you dimwits.

Are you talking about that cartoony janky shit?

Beowulf

Arcane
Siege equipment just moving around by itself?

I guess it moves where there is enough of one team players in a defined zone around the object.
Perhaps it's their decision so that players "pushing" the equipment can also fight (if it were the opposite, it could create imbalance against the team that has to move this equipment)? Don't really remember if it was any different in Chiv 1.

This TPP gameplay looks bad. It looks worse than what they showed in Alpha footage. Don't know if they changes something in the meantime, or it's just a FOV issue. The abundance of sparks when the player hit multiple armoured enemies is also really jarring.

And yeah, Mordhau clearly has better fighting mechanics, but it's way less fun to play than Chiv, unless you really like duels and using (abusing) game mechanics to the max.

Hace El Oso

Arcane
Patron
I guess it moves where there is enough of one team players in a defined zone around the object.
Perhaps it's their decision so that players "pushing" the equipment can also fight (if it were the opposite, it could create imbalance against the team that has to move this equipment)? Don't really remember if it was any different in Chiv 1.

This is how it worked in the first game. If you got a battering ram to a gate, then guys had to actually man it and knock down the gate.

As for third person, I only played on FPP-only servers. TPP ruins games.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Mordhau clearly has better fighting mechanics, but it's way less fun to play than Chiv

That's a stupid contradiction
If a figthing game A has much better gameplay than figthing game B, then A is by definition the superior figthing game

And Mordhau has both better and more varied gameplay than Chiv - more weapons, armors, horse combat, custom builds, better gamemodes, better maps

Beowulf

Arcane
Mordhau clearly has better fighting mechanics, but it's way less fun to play than Chiv

That's a stupid contradiction
If a figthing game A has much better gameplay than figthing game B, then A is by definition the superior figthing game

And Mordhau has both better and more varied gameplay than Chiv - more weapons, armors, horse combat, custom builds, better gamemodes, better maps

Those are nice features, but they don't always work. On the other hand, devs managed to fix some of the issues coming from the features you listed (like unbalanced maps and really small pool of them, horses being OP and with buggy/small hitboxes etc.)

Beowulf

Arcane
Yeah, I got it with the Epic Sale discount, but haven't had time to play yet.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom