Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Expeditions: Rome - the final Expeditions game from Logic Artists

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Announced for PC, release date: 2021.
Source:
https://www.gematsu.com/2021/04/expeditions-rome-announced-for-pc

The future of Rome is in your hands: what will your legacy be?

Take on the role of a young Legatus whose father was murdered by an unknown political opponent, forcing you to escape Rome and take refuge in the military campaign to subdue a Greek rebellion. Step by step, you increase your military prowess, strengthen yourself in the forge of combat, and become the Legatus everyone learns to both respect, and to fear.

In Expeditions: Rome, you exert the will of Rome through your actions across the world stage, from the bright blue coasts of Greece to the deep forests of Gaul. Decide how people will view you, and Rome. Will you strike with an iron fist, or speak with a silver tongue? Will you embrace the political heritage of the Republic, or carve your own path as you navigate the complex politics of the Roman Senate? Every choice matters as you decide the fate of your legion, your close companions, and of Rome itself.

Key Features

• Create your own Roman Legatus! Customize your character’s look, gender, class, and skills to match your playstyle and role-playing fantasy.
  • Engage in tactical turn-based combat powered by an extensive skill-based action system where every weapon changes your potency on the battlefield.
  • Adventure with five unique companions discovering their extensive backstories and unique personalities.
  • Explore a beautifully realized, colorful world across many different environments, including North Africa, Greece, Gaul, and Rome herself.
  • Experience a historically inspired story of political intrigue and personal drama through a fully voiced narrative where choices matter and consequences are far-reaching.
  • Level-up each character and select from a variety of skills and passive abilities to explore a wide range of tactical options.
  • Loot, Craft, and Equip a variety of weapons, armors, and tactical items to customize your game even further, providing a tremendous range of tactical options for each character.
  • Lead your legion on three extensive war campaigns across Greece, North Africa, and Gaul. Recruit legionaries, improve your warcamp, conquer regions, exploit resources, and defend your territories as you lead your legion to victory.

Last edited:

Avonaeon

Arcane
Developer
I'm going to get on board as soon as they promise that this game won't have two hundred thousand lootable containers

Who am I kidding? :d1p::d1p::d1p:
Pretty sure it doesn't, it was one of the big critiques for Viking and the team was well aware not to repeat that same mistake when I left

AdolfSatan

Arcane
Hope they improve the tactical aspect, combat was rather boring in the previous installments.

Starwars

Arcane
The announcement trailer... ugh...

However, big fan of the idea of the Expeditions games. Liked them both, Conquistador slightly more, and I'm pretty damn eager to see one set in a Roman setting. Hope they dig deep.

Will definitely buy.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I'm going to get on board as soon as they promise that this game won't have two hundred thousand lootable containers

Who am I kidding? :d1p::d1p::d1p:
Pretty sure it doesn't, it was one of the big critiques for Viking and the team was well aware not to repeat that same mistake when I left
Honestly, I would probably still buy this game on day one even if they announce ten times the containers of Viking. The Expeditions series is the best thing I played in the last couple of years.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
There's already a Roman Expeditions game - Rome: Rise to Power. Aside from that, cool, it seems like these guys didn't go under after all.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Last two were shit rpg's. Unless they significantly change the formula, this will just be another skin deep dive into an historic time period, with a very low budget and corresponding low effort.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Didn't they get bought by ...someone? I.e. they have more of a budget now or maybe I'm thinking of some other studio.

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
Seeing as I really enjoyed the previous games I will definitely buy this. Great to see that the developer didn't fold!

I couldn't help to chuckle at this though:
Create your own Roman Legatus! Customize your character’s look, gender, class, and skills to match your playstyle and role-playing fantasy.

:lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom