Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GOG.com

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
So I started playing WotS 3 and immediately noticed one problem: the exploration background music should be looping, but it is not. The track ends and then there is just silence. It's a shame, because this game has an amazing soundtrack. Apparently, it's a common problem with the PC version. But luckily, some guy has recently made a fix by extending every track to around one hour. You probably won't be spending more than an hour in any map, so it should be enough. Here's a link to the guide for anyone interested (download link is in the guide):
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2346197690

Tried it myself, the music is looping correctly now. It's interesting that this fix was released recently, and another guy is also upscaling the textures. It's nice that there is still interest in this game.
Say, while we're here, I see you managed to download the mod and try it, could you tell me what format the files are in? I'm not able to download the files myself and I guess if I can figure out how this guy did it, I could get something to replace the fight music as well.

ferratilis

Magister
So I started playing WotS 3 and immediately noticed one problem: the exploration background music should be looping, but it is not. The track ends and then there is just silence. It's a shame, because this game has an amazing soundtrack. Apparently, it's a common problem with the PC version. But luckily, some guy has recently made a fix by extending every track to around one hour. You probably won't be spending more than an hour in any map, so it should be enough. Here's a link to the guide for anyone interested (download link is in the guide):
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2346197690

Tried it myself, the music is looping correctly now. It's interesting that this fix was released recently, and another guy is also upscaling the textures. It's nice that there is still interest in this game.
Say, while we're here, I see you managed to download the mod and try it, could you tell me what format the files are in? I'm not able to download the files myself and I guess if I can figure out how this guy did it, I could get something to replace the fight music as well.

Don't know why you can't download it, it works for me just fine. The files are in .ogg format and most of them are around one hour long.

This is everything included:
L8Al8kO.png

groundhog

Educated
It's a few years since I played this game so my memories have started to fade. I remember enjoying the story and the setting but the combat is fairly standard basic hack-and-slash. Overall I definitely enjoyed the experience and it took me 26 hours to complete, but I'm fairly slow and methodical, so I dare say it may take you much less.

Bad Sector

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Are there any people left on this world that haven't played FATE? Remember it being everywhere some ages ago.

I haven't played FATE :-P. I remember it from many years ago when at some point i downloaded WildTangent's client and a demo of it or something was available from it, but i only played it for a little.

I wishlisted it to grab it at some point in the future.

ADL

Prophet

1.39% refund the year Cyberpunk 2077 came out. Their 30 day refund policy will be the end of GOG for sure
rating_lulz.gif

https://af.gog.com/news/check_these_facts_and_numbers_about_gog?as=1649904300

CHECK THESE FACTS AND NUMBERS ABOUT GOG

We often receive questions and messages asking how we are doing as a team, company, store, and platform. That is why we decided to give you a bit more insight into our operations and last year’s results.

Last year was a very challenging time for all of us due to the ongoing global pandemic. Since March 2020, our team continues to work remotely from homes, which is not always easy. Having that in mind, we’re even more proud and happy to share these facts and numbers with you.

gog2020_info_users_en.jpg

[Full image]

It’s a new format for us to share data like this and we’d appreciate hearing your impressions, comments, and suggestions.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bad Sector

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I didn't got that survey even though i am subscriber to their newsletter :-(

Interesting questions, i hope they do count my submission despite not getting it myself, since i was all "PC games, single player, DRM-free, no Galaxy, etc".

racofer

Thread Incliner

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom