Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Expeditions: Rome is officially a thing

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Tags: Expeditions: Rome; Logic Artists; THQ Nordic

After decades of idle speculation as to what could be the next entry in the Expeditions series by Logic Artists after Conquistador and Viking, it unfortunately turned out not to be [insert your preferred option here]. It wasn't even Roman, as was most people's guess. For the title announced today was, in fact, Expeditions: Rome.

The future of Rome is in your hands: what will your legacy be?

Take on the role of a young Legatus whose father was murdered by an unknown political opponent, forcing you to escape Rome and take refuge in the military campaign to subdue a Greek rebellion. Step by step, you increase your military prowess, strengthen yourself in the forge of combat, and become the Legatus everyone learns to both respect, and to fear.

In Expeditions: Rome, you exert the will of Rome through your actions across the world stage, from the bright blue coasts of Greece to the deep forests of Gaul. Decide how people will view you, and Rome. Will you strike with an iron fist, or speak with a silver tongue? Will you embrace the political heritage of the Republic, or carve your own path as you navigate the complex politics of the Roman Senate? Every choice matters as you decide the fate of your legion, your close companions, and of Rome itself.

Key Features
  • Create your own Roman Legatus! Customize your character’s look, gender, class, and skills to match your playstyle and role-playing fantasy.
  • Engage in tactical turn-based combat powered by an extensive skill-based action system where every weapon changes your potency on the battlefield.
  • Adventure with five unique companions discovering their extensive backstories and unique personalities.
  • Explore a beautifully realized, colorful world across many different environments, including North Africa, Greece, Gaul, and Rome herself.
  • Experience a historically inspired story of political intrigue and personal drama through a fully voiced narrative where choices matter and consequences are far-reaching.
  • Level-up each character and select from a variety of skills and passive abilities to explore a wide range of tactical options.
  • Loot, Craft, and Equip a variety of weapons, armors, and tactical items to customize your game even further, providing a tremendous range of tactical options for each character.
  • Lead your legion on three extensive war campaigns across Greece, North Africa, and Gaul. Recruit legionaries, improve your warcamp, conquer regions, exploit resources, and defend your territories as you lead your legion to victory.

You will get to don your lorica segmentata sometime in 2021. Apart from the gameplay trailer above, there's also an announcement trailer to watch, but the less said about this particular Avengers fanfic, the better.

jac8awol

Arbiter
Liked the other expeditions well enough so will probably pick this up on a discount one day. But why does that Roman have an aussie accent? Will my phalanx have the cosmetic option of wide-brim cork-danglers?

karnak

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In I helped put crap in Monomyth
One of the best gaming news of this year!
The trailer and game concept brings me very good memories of Rome: Pathway to Power. It wasn't a perfect game but I loved what it tried to accomplish back in the day. I sure wish new games had the balls to try such concepts.

Jrpgfan

Erudite
Liked the other expeditions well enough so will probably pick this up on a discount one day. But why does that Roman have an aussie accent? Will my phalanx have the cosmetic option of wide-brim cork-danglers?

I agree, man. It should be voiced in latin for historical authenticity. I also hope they voice the greeks in my greek province in ancient greek or atleast latin with ancient greek accent or I won't play this game.

Last edited:

deuxhero

Arcane
the Republic[...]
lorica segmentata

:what:

The trailer shows Vercingetirix. Lorica segmentata wasn't used by the Romans at that time (and the trailer doesn't seem to show any).

you expect me to read/watch the shit i poast about

I do expect reading the stuff written. The Roman Empire used lorica segmentata, not anything that could truely be called the Roman Republic (only the last few years of civil war that marked the transition might have had it).

Saduj

Arcane
I really liked the other games in the series and the description for this one seems right up my alley.

But it also sounds like they took the expedition out of the Expeditions series. Maybe I'm wrong but it doesn't sound like a major theme of the game is going to be about vastly different cultures meeting for the first time.

Jinn

Arcane
Buying as soon as I can get my hands on it. Can't wait! Loved the last two Expedition games, with Viking being my favorite of the two. Looks like they're heading further down that direction, which is awesome.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom