Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Duralux for Durabux

i'm playing the game right now and there are still bugs almost everywhere. i'm not just talking about visual glitches or physics being weird but stuff like quest npcs not talking to you when they should, the hacking sound starting to loop and never stopping, phone calls glitching and more. i went to buy a car and it was half buried in the floor, then it exploded out of nowhere when i bought it. all of this happened during one hour of playtime. it's completly nuts.

also didn't the say the were working on the AI in some of the patchnotes? because ai seems just as bad as always
They said they were working on it not they were fixing it :troll:

LudensCogitet

Learned
An IPO is a public announcement that your company no longer cares about what it makes. A publicly traded company is legally required to care more about money than the quality of its product.

And why should they care about quality? Customers rarely punish them in a way that really stings. And gaymers are the biggest sheeple of all.

Bethesda's last 10 years is riddled with scandals, scams, controversies, lies, garbage products and other assorted scummery. Bethesda has been p. much the developer equivalent of Dr. Nick Riviera, the fake doctor from the Simpsons.

You think anyone will remember on the Starfield release day?

Well, ultimately they should care because there are more important things than monetary gain. But we aren't disagreeing.

DeepOcean

Arcane
i'm playing the game right now and there are still bugs almost everywhere. i'm not just talking about visual glitches or physics being weird but stuff like quest npcs not talking to you when they should, the hacking sound starting to loop and never stopping, phone calls glitching and more. i went to buy a car and it was half buried in the floor, then it exploded out of nowhere when i bought it. all of this happened during one hour of playtime. it's completly nuts.

also didn't the say the were working on the AI in some of the patchnotes? because ai seems just as bad as always
They said they were working on it not they were fixing it :troll:
I guess CDPR should have "What you are reading might not be indicative of the experience you are going to get on the final version of the game." disclaimers for their patches as well.

Paul_cz

Arcane

At the very least I would try, if I were you, re-verifying game files.
I find this bizzare because I played at launch and had none of these issues. No quest bugs, no problems with hacking. I had a phone glitch once - NPC I spoke with spawned next to me and disappeared when the call ended.

The issues I had were pedestrians appearing/disappearing, I saw car levitating couple times, smartgun crosshair was stuck on a screen, and I had a car explode at the end of Epistrophy that required save reload to progress. That's about it.

Gerrard

Arcane
Thinking back on the game - I haven't touched it since New Year - the best executed story moments were Evelyn's extraction scene, and the sex scene with Alt.
Dunno Arasaka parade was the best story moment for me.

photomode_05012021_08i6jv8.png

photomode_05012021_081okww.png

photomode_05012021_09b4kpq.png

A moment lifted straight from GitS Innocence.

Duralux for Durabux

At the very least I would try, if I were you, re-verifying game files.
I find this bizzare because I played at launch and had none of these issues. No quest bugs, no problems with hacking. I had a phone glitch once - NPC I spoke with spawned next to me and disappeared when the call ended.

The issues I had were pedestrians appearing/disappearing, I saw car levitating couple times, smartgun crosshair was stuck on a screen, and I had a car explode at the end of Epistrophy that required save reload to progress. That's about it.
If you haven't accountered the issues listed above, it doesn't mean they don't exist. Also even if you re-verify game files it won't change the code in any case. Furthermore look at how dense the list is with each new patch, it's a proof this game is rigged with bugs. You must be totally blind to not see it or a pole. The bugs you listed are problematic and not 'minors'.

Paul_cz

Arcane
If you haven't accountered the issues listed above, it doesn't mean they don't exist. Also even if you re-verify game files it won't change the code in any case. Furthermore look at how dense the list is with each new patch, it's a proof this game is rigged with bugs. You must be totally blind to not see it or a pole. The bugs you listed are problematic and not 'minors'.
Thanks Cpt. Obvious

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Game still dead. Thread still active. Codex still shameful.
I'm still reading the official forums and even there there is little movement nowadays. It's mostly CDPR groupies and some lurker like me who like to 'stir the pot' every now and then by telling them how much CP2077 suck. :obviously:

By now, CDPR fans will always respond to anybody casting doubts on the merits of game with one of the following arguments:

-Development was on track, then Covid happened
-Game development really started in 2018: it's the best they could do in so little time
-Developers wanted to keep on polishing the game, but greedy investors/managers pushed for an early release date
-Shit happens, have faith in the people who developed The Witcher 3!
-Nobody ever did a game of this scale, you should be grateful you can bask in the glory of Cyberpunk 2077!
-It's all Keanu Reeves fault, the developers had to rewrite the game from start to give him the protagonist's role.

More or less, it's all the feedback you can get :retarded:

But those are all kinda true - all of them, pretty much.

LudensCogitet

Learned
I'm still reading the official forums and even there there is little movement nowadays. It's mostly CDPR groupies and some lurker like me who like to 'stir the pot' every now and then by telling them how much CP2077 suck. :obviously:

By now, CDPR fans will always respond to anybody casting doubts on the merits of game with one of the following arguments:

-Game development really started in 2018: it's the best they could do in so little time
-Developers wanted to keep on polishing the game, but greedy investors/managers pushed for an early release date
-Nobody ever did a game of this scale, you should be grateful you can bask in the glory of Cyberpunk 2077!
-It's all Keanu Reeves fault, the developers had to rewrite the game from start to give him the protagonist's role.

Listing the reasons something is bad does not make it less bad.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In

Listing the reasons something is bad does not make it less bad.

No but if you understand then you can sometimes excuse. One understands that making games is a difficult business to be successful in, and one can cut some slack. I think some of it was out of CDPR's control, but that portion doesn't make the biggest contribution to the final shittiness.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Would someone tell me, after - let's say - 30 hours of this game, what's there worth going forward?

I spent more than that on my first and only run, but in hindsight, I could have stopped at 30 hours or less and not really miss a thing. I haven't touched the game in around three months.

I suppose I'm askin in vain hopes that there'd be something worthwhile that I missed that'd warrant a rerun.

Robber Baron

Savant
I remember doing that also; and there were - for some time - semifun ganger nests to clear, but that's about all there was.

For what it is I think the main story is very good, it kept me intrested all the way and I replayed the ending section to get every ending and was left wanting more even after 130~ hours. Some of the side quest lines are very good too. They are immersive and very good written. I think overall the game doesn't get enough praise as an awesome 80-90s blockbuster thriller it is.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
For what it is I think the main story is very good

I've heard as much, but I didn't really care about it that much. I'm more of a gameplay-guy anyway, than a story-guy. A good story enhances the gameplay, but it does not replace it.

Robber Baron

Savant
I'm more of a gameplay-guy anyway, than a story-guy

I think it has very good FPS gameplay(except bosses) and level design, everything else is subpar to average. That said you could argue that Deus Ex is same while having even worse shooting. Obviously Deus Ex is a 20 year old game so that says a lot about the state of the industry.

Gargaune

Magister
Well, that one is really obvious. They wanted to get into the Christmas sale no matter what, which was the main problem!
We really need CDPR to shit out some DLC, we're rehashing old material. I agree that the game needed some more time, but the issue does not simply boil down to "greedy corpos" and it's not the main problem:
I've said this before, CBP2077's failures aren't really an instance of corporate "greed", but a combination of mismanagement and poor gameplay design.

It's not that CDPR went "screw it, this'll suffice to scalp our customers", it's that they repeatedly misjudged the scope of work, both before and during the epidemic, and ended up at the point where they couldn't afford to delay any longer. They put themselves in a business situation where they had to release, and you got a product with some half-baked features (like the police system) and substandard performance scaling.

Further, on the design side, the features that are in the game aren't subpar due to time constraints, but because of CDPR's early failure to recognise that their Witcher 3 formula wouldn't carry well to an FPS/RPG set in a dense environment like Night City. More time to add minigames, factions support or rebalance the combat wouldn't have fundamentally altered the unsatisfying pacing and progression of the game, CDPR relied too much on The Witcher 3 designs and didn't go far enough in taking inspiration from games like Fallout 4 or Deus Ex.

I find this bizzare because I played at launch and had none of these issues. No quest bugs, no problems with hacking.
Eh, I find the odd bug here and there that goes beyond visual glitch territory. For instance, I just did the Transmission quest a little earlier and Rogue got stuck in a flashback, so I had to reload a checkpoint. And there's more stuff like that, but most seem to be Bethesda fare.

Oh, and if anyone's on the fence about patch 1.22, as far as I can tell it hasn't further decreased my performance. In fact, it might've improved it a tiny bit, but I can't tell for sure since I've made further changes (reapplied my voltage offset, capped the framerate) and didn't bother to test ahead of the update.

lycanwarrior

Scholar
An IPO is a public announcement that your company no longer cares about what it makes. A publicly traded company is legally required to care more about money than the quality of its product.

And why should they care about quality? Customers rarely punish them in a way that really stings. And gaymers are the biggest sheeple of all.

Bethesda's last 10 years is riddled with scandals, scams, controversies, lies, garbage products and other assorted scummery. Bethesda has been p. much the developer equivalent of Dr. Nick Riviera, the fake doctor from the Simpsons.

You think anyone will remember on the Starfield release day?

Add EA and (H)Activision to that list as well.

Gargaune

Magister
Oh, by the by... prestigious modderman brings some much-needed INCLINE to Cyberpunk 2077:

2301-1618480059-986597268.jpeg

It's amazing, not only does this mod add monocled tracks to your game, it also removes the rap "music" from it!

RRRrrr

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Would someone tell me, after - let's say - 30 hours of this game, what's there worth going forward?

I spent more than that on my first and only run, but in hindsight, I could have stopped at 30 hours or less and not really miss a thing. I haven't touched the game in around three months.

I suppose I'm askin in vain hopes that there'd be something worthwhile that I missed that'd warrant a rerun.
Look up the major side quests. Some are really great, especially the Johny line.

As for gameplay, I especially enjoyed builds based on mobility, speed and slowing time. A Cold Blood build+double jump+movement speed mods and slowing down time/bullet time (especially the one for 16 secs), while having the resurrection and autoheal mods was fun. I also enjoy using pistols with high single shot damage as opposed to a high dps and low single shot damage. Same goes for sniper riffles. I focus on weapons that single shot enemies.

If you know what you are doing, Cyberpunk can play as Crysis meets F.E.A.R. and Mirror's Edge. I am sorry for those who have experienced it just as a generic shooter.

Last edited:

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I especially enjoyed builds
The game does not have "builds".

On the contrary. You can "build" the features right into your body using implants :)! Mind you, for now I haven't even needed to use many, playing only middle difficulty quests...

Would that were so. Implants would seem to offer the best way of buliding a character in an s-f type context, but your build is as much to do with your clothes as your implants in this game, which is goofy. I mean, you could have a bit of kevlar for protection or whatever, but beyond that clothes are just clothes and should offer no stats, everything should have been in an interesting and more fully fleshed-out implant system. The implant system in the game is sort of perfunctory (and unbalanced in parts). It's even perfunctory in terms of the way it's presented. After that initial scene with the doc, implants are just handled via a bland UI screen, which subtly deprives them of a sense of oomph.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
My point is that after the first third of the game V can use and do ANYTHING anyway. You don't really need stealth skills to play stealthily, or gun skills to pop heads, or hacking to hack shit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom