Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CYOA - The Miniature World

Baltika9

Arcane
sorry was out for the weekend. Did Kamakorum win? or was it a tie between Karakorum and Camelot?

Ill check back in tomorrow for the final tally.
We're tied between Albion and Karakorum. Flip a coin or smth, idk.

tsuke

Educated
sorry was out for the weekend. Did Kamakorum win? or was it a tie between Karakorum and Camelot?

Ill check back in tomorrow for the final tally.
We're tied between Albion and Karakorum. Flip a coin or smth, idk.

Camelot wins due to Azira I think. Or a heavily brettonian flavored Camelot I guess. Update incoming

tsuke

Educated
Game Start

You go over your choices and select city after city. At some point you were even trying out random names just to see if they would appear. Pandemonium , Olympus, Valhalla, and others flash before you. None of them really felt right until you remember one of your earlier choices. Camelot. The home of Chivalry and the Knights of the Round. After all if your going to be leading troops its going to be gallant knights resplendent with their heraldry. Hopefully riding warhorses and not coconuts.

"Camelot selected. Would you like to finalize your decision? Camelot is worth 100/100 points."

You think it over and decide to finally pull the trigger. In reality you were pretty much just in the character selection screen and you always hated those guys who spent hours agonizing over just what kind of beard their character would have.

"Yes finalize it"

The hills of Camelot become more real as your environment materializes around you. You don't see the castle just yet instead you see the beginnings of a small town. The system in your head says that it has approximately 500 people. The people seem to be mostly farmers with some merchants and guardsmen sprinkled in between. Most of the crops are for subsistence but there is a growing industry Wine industry. The town itself has no major landmarks except for a famous tavern/inn. The Prancing Pony. This brings in a nice income from travelers and tourists. You know that the Camelot in your memory is but a possibility as it is ultimately up to you if you would like to develop it that way or go another direction.

In the center of the town you have your current army. There are 20 guardsmen with sword and shield and chainmail and 20 archers with leather armor and longbows. You also have the current leader of the guard. A tall blonde by the name of Lady Kay. Unlike most knights you know she specializes in the bow and is currently training your troops in ambush tactics using the surrounding terrain.

The system suddenly reminds you that it is still there " Current stats for reincarnation Str 5, Cha 5, Con 5, Dex 5. Would you like to add points to any of your stats"

Why not? You think to yourself and try to increase your Cha.

"Warning. There are no points left. Current point bank is 0/100"

"What! System back! Rewind! Previous screen!"

"I am sorry choices have been finalized. Would you like to finalize your choices?"

"Wait! I wasnt informed there would be more stuff!"

"Would you like to finalize your choices"

Defeated and nearly in tears you say yes.

The now familiar dwarf appears before you. "Took you long enough to get through all of that asshole."

You think the dwarf is here for another round of taunting and you think he is about to begin when he lets out a long sigh.

"It has been brought to my attention, by Upper Management, that I have been too harsh on you. So Im here to give you some info. Now that your done with all of your choices you are about to be reincarnated into a new body in a new world." The dwarf picks up his smart phone and takes a few swipes.

You see a portly short fellow, who looks like a teenager, on bended knee. It looks like he is confessing to a girl. He looks like he's about to get slapped.

"Freeze frame a bit" Says the Dwarf "Well thats going to be you. Once that slap hits his soul will be coming here and then im going to send you right into his body. Pity you selected a body with such low specs. I guess you wanted hard mode."

The Dwarf puts away the phone "As my apology I allow you to ask one question and I swear ill answer to the best of my ability"

A. Tell me about this place. This miniature world.

B. Tell me about this new world your sending me to.

C. FUCK YOU DWARF. Your sorry? Theres no sorry. I swear kanly upon you. Im going to get you back if its the last thing I do. Talk to the spirit and get some info on your new body, after all your going to have to pass as him (This is not a risk. Its a guarantee that the previous host will give you the info requested)

You can also name your initial two regiments if you want. Ill give them temporary names for now.

Baltika9

Arcane
B
This is why we should've gone with Karakorum. Mounted archer spam is cheap.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
He's a proper troll, that dwarf. :lol: I like him!

I'd rather know more background info. We can find out about the world into which we're thrust, also about the boy we'll be reincarnated into, but I really want to know more about the setting as such.

A

GreyViper

Prophet
Well, that escalated rather quickly. As much as the dorf has it coming, there is time and place. So CHA for party bonuses and maximum dialogue options? :D
A as they say information is ammunition.

tsuke

Educated
locking in one hour then ill start writing :) next update will come in 2 parts 1 info dump for the knowledge gained and 1 story. I may make the info dump first.

locked at A

Last edited:

tsuke

Educated
The World Inside

"
I guess I want to know more about this place" You shrug.

"Glad to hear you can be reasonable. I half expected you to just storm off with your temper. I know we started off on the wrong foot but you cant imagine how many favors I had to throw in for your request. Elsa over in research took my best ..... well ill just get worked up if we discuss it again. Water under the bridge right?"

"Yeah whats a murder in between friends" you say as calmly as you can

"Right, right." The dwarf nods. "We did some good by the way! Cletus that hobo totally turned his life around. Invested some of that money and lived high on the hog! Of course they found your identity after a DNA test and the authorities suspected your parents of murdering you as they were the direct beneficiaries of your estate but you cant win em all!"

"Uhhh they are ok right?" You cant believe the trouble this dwarf has caused.

"I dunno. I kinda lost interest at that point. I really did need to use the facilities."

"Listen to me you fucking dwarf. You are going to -----"

The dwarf cuts you off. "Shhh. Time to start our lecture. Best to pay attention. I dont know how long ill be here so lets get to it."
the dwarf continues " This world for lack of a better term is called the Miniature World. Well its called by some as the Miniature World. They haven't really settled on a name for it yet. But honestly the name doesn't really matter. I can try and explain the physics of it to you but that's probably a waste of time. Honestly I don't understand half of it myself so I'm not the right guy to explain it to you."

The dwarf gestures around you "The easiest way I can put this is that this is a mindscape. It is a world that you control within your mind. For all intents and purposes you are God here. But of course even God follows the rules. Nice choice on Camelot by the way. Noobs usually go for the most heavily armored troops they can get. Sign of insecurity maybe? But I digress. You will periodically be given choices about how this world develops. I don't know how these choices are triggered but I understand it has to do with your growth. The army and tools you develop here is what you will use in the world to come. I wont expound on that as you didnt want to know more about it. Good Luck!"

"Thats it are you done? I could have figured that out"

The dwarf laughs "Fishing for some more are we? Thats ok. We werent done yet. Now as I said you are God here and your essence has been floating around since earlier. But you can actually do this...."

The world spins as you feel like you are dragged to the edge of the sky.

"You can view the world from this vantage and see everything. You can even take your essence and walk around if you want. Now take a look at the world. What do you notice about the edges"

You focus on it trying to figure out what the dwarf means. "Is that.... mist? "

"Righto. That is the edge of your world. Not very big is it? Your people will not wander past that and will stay inside your territory. Notice that there are people walking in from outside the mist in. Those are people generated by the system. Now Ill even throw in this little tidbit of information. Your not the only one with a mindscape. Others may discover yours and come knocking. Now for a free gift. Pick a direction. North , East, West, or South."

You pick one at random. They look all the same anyway. "North?"

The dwarf points and shouts and the mist in that direction clears. Your minds eye is able to see an extension of the plains leading up to the edge of a vast wood. The forest lasts for several Kilometers and then the familiar mist is present again. (If someone could make a map at this point that would be great with one hex for the center and one hex north for this that would be great otherwise I will do it using excel but it wont be pretty)

"From time to time you will be able to explore your surroundings and push back the mist. The world is what you would call procedurally generated so there's no telling what you will find until you actually push forward."

"Now I wouldn't be a good guide if I didn't let you experience a development choice as well. Fortunately I got permission from management to do this"

An alarm goes off in your mind. Warning. Warning. You have a pending development choice. Please select an option.

Camelot is up in arms as the familiar mist to the north of the town clears. Exploration parties are sent out led by Lady Kay. The flat area is easily explored as goblins and other potential threats are easily dispatched. Exploration ends at the edge of the woods however as Lady Kay decides not to risk it yet, deciding to consolidate the gains made. All the activity leads to a windfall of a small cache of resources that can be used in several different ways.

A. Setting up a lumbermill and a lumber industry. If someone lives in the woods they may not take kindly to this.

B. Upgrading the main settlement itself. Building more houses and convincing some travelers to call Camelot home.

C. Expanding farming operations to the newly discovered area. The conditions are mainly the same so the same kind of crops will probably grow.

D. Hiring more soldiers (You can decide which regiment gets them or if its a new regiment. Around 10 militia of the same level you have now can be hired)

After you make your choice the dwarf speaks "and thats how easy it is. Now off you go. Remember if you look good I look good so try not to screw up. If you look bad, well I hate you anyway so ill just get another warm body"

You feel your essence getting sucked into another place.

(the effects of the choice here have no bearing on the next update and will take effect after it)

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
A - pissing off the Fey is questionable, but diversifying industry is a good idea.

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
A

Let's meet new people and kill them!

If someone could make a map at this point that would be great with one hex for the center and one hex north for this that would be great otherwise I will do it using excel but it wont be pretty
73uFbkf.png

like that? edit: fuck, the hexs are barely visible on the codex's background

edit 2: another try:

kw6lKes.png
done using this: https://rhysmakesthings.com/gm_friend

tsuke

Educated
A

If someone could make a map at this point that would be great with one hex for the center and one hex north for this that would be great otherwise I will do it using excel but it wont be pretty
73uFbkf.png

kw6lKes.png

thanks! anyway we can get this to page 1?

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
A

73uFbkf.png

kw6lKes.png

thanks! anyway we can get this to page 1?
Yeah, you could edit your post.

GreyViper

Prophet
C Got to start that economy up before advancing to castle age, besides not sure we're up there yet to pick fights with sidhe on their own playground.
So at what point shall, we start playing Zeus and sprinkling our DNA around who thus getting our later heroes?
Also from what the dorf told we are basically brain in a jar or Ghost In a Shell.
tsuke Could or character try to discover if he/it can try to find or bring up the command prompt for the miniworld?

tsuke

Educated
C Got to start that economy up before advancing to castle age, besides not sure we're up there yet to pick fights with sidhe on their own playground.
So at what point shall, we start playing Zeus and sprinkling our DNA around who thus getting our later heroes?
Also from what the dorf told we are basically brain in a jar or Ghost In a Shell.
tsuke Could or character try to discover if he/it can try to find or bring up the command prompt for the miniworld?

Its essentially just the info you get from Page 1 about Camelot itself and your troops. The dwarf was able to do something to trigger events so it may be possible in the future.

tsuke

Educated
Birth

Your soul is deposited into a vessel. You feel strangely whole, as if the way you are now is the way things should always be. You realize that for the first time in a long time you have an actual physical body. You hear a person sobbing in the background and someone comforting her.

"Calm down honey. The doctor said Eggbert will be alright. We just need to wait"

Your eyes suddenly open and you get up. You use your hands to explore your new body as you get used to the sensation of being corporeal again. Wait. There's something strange. You cant quite feel something with your fingers.

"MY LEGS! I CANT FEEL MY LEGS!" You begin panicking "FUCK YOU DWARF. You give me a body and its missing parts!!!!"

You begin hyperventilating and it takes a while for you to realize that they are there. Its just that your tummy is getting in the way of you touching them.

While your doing this the people in the room are standing there stunned. You notice a older male with the same signature belly and a older looking female who has obviously been crying this whole time. If you had to guess they would probably be your parents. You also see two females who look slightly older than you. They have nice figures and they look like they have a mix of European and Japanese blood. Your sisters maybe? They look like twins. Could you have lucked out and have gotten one of them as your girlfriend? Maybe both?

Theres a mirror in the room and you look at yourself. Your around 5 feet tall. Maybe a little bit less. Obviously overweight with a bowl cut. In fact if you didnt know any better you would think that you are looking at Harayuki Arita from Eccel World.

"Eggbert! Your fine! Are you ok? Are you hurt anywhere?" The older woman begins to hug you. "Come lets get you back in bed and get the doctor"

"They named him Eggbert" You think to yourself. You begin to pity the previous occupant of this body. He never had a chance.

"EGGGGGYYYY!!!!" The teenagers rush to you. "We thought we would never see our cute little brother again! Do you remember what happened? That ugly girl slapped you and you were hit by a bike when you went down" the first one says. "Then her fan club started kicking you" The second one continues.

You obviously need a way to explain what happened here.

A. I had amnesia. I dont remember any of you

B. Im so glad to be back!!!! Try and wing it while hugging the pretty girls. How hard could it be right?

C. Who is this Eggbert? I got sent here by a dwarf.

While you are contemplating what to say you sense a disturbance. Its like time stopped. You then see a spinning circle form around your wrists. They eventually form into blue armguards with a red gemstone in the middle. You hear a song in an ancient language you've never heard of before, yet somehow sounds familiar. By reflex you repeat a word.

"Yselth"

Initialize.

You find yourself with the same avatar that you have had for years. You never thought you would see the white robe and goose feather fan again. You think to yourself that you considered this more your body than the physical one you held in your previous life.

A figure is flying through the air. At the zenith of her flight she knocks her bow and three arrows fly out spearing three charging goblins through the throat. She lands gracefully at your feet and bows. Her signature blue leather armor and bow giving her an other worldly image.

"Defensive formations!" Shouts Lady Kay "Your orders Commander?"

The First Camelot Regulars form a shield wall covering you, Lady Kay and the Rangers. You think to yourself that you have your old avatar back. Why shouldn't the old rules work? Another word is planted in your mind.

"Yspero"

Imaging

You feel the familiar eagles eye view of the battlefield that you have had before except the scale of this seems so much more massive. A horde of goblins and other assorted monsters seem to be assailing the city you have somehow spawned in. Archers from various points of history man the walls and rain death upon the enemy but there are several breaches already.

You notice several places you can help. Of course you dont have the forces to be in more than one place at once.

A. In the Central Gate - A phalanx is hard pressed to hold as the enemy attempts to break them. If any place could use your help this is it.

B. In the closest breach - You notice a house nearby that you could use as a fortified bunker. It is close enough to a breach for you to know that if you were to hunker down here you could severely damage any enemy units that come in.

C. Hunting down leakers - You don't know the layout of the city but you do have your minds eye. You could do a good job of hunting down any monsters that break through to make sure they don't cause more damage.

D. Hunting down the leaders - You notice some figures leading the enemy army from behind. If you could get to a tall enough tower you may be able to snipe them.

(Authors note: There are three worlds you know of

1. The real world where you currently are Eggbert
2. The miniature world of Camelot
3. The combat world you are in now

Any and all of these worlds may be linked but you dont know enough about it yet to be sure)

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
A. I had amnesia. I dont remember any of you

A. In the Central Gate - A phalanx is hard pressed to hold as the enemy attempts to break them. If any place could use your help this is it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom