Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect Legendary Edition remaster trilogy

Caim

Arcane
I always wanted to romance the bitchy Asari counciler, but modders never fixed it. Sad.
The one who, according to Udina, will squeeze when she has you by the balls?

:updatedmytxt:

Larianshill

Arbiter
I find it interesting that we didn't get one look at ME3 Ashley so far. Could it be they redesigned her?

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
We haven't seen most of the companions, that doesn't mean they are redesigned.

J1M

Arcane
That was a lie though. Modders spoke out the next day saying nobody had contacted them.

Tytus

Arcane
That was a lie though. Modders spoke out the next day saying nobody had contacted them.

It wasn't a lie. I know some modders over at one larger ME modding discord, and they were able to figure out who was contacted. For example a guy who did MEHEM - happy ending mod was contacted, but he is out of the modding scenes for years. Some other people were contacted as well.
Sadly Bioware didn't contact creators of the biggest and most recent mods so that "co-operation" may amount to nothing as the old ways of modding the games are outdated.

just a newfag

Literate
ttfrc597kxv61.png

P. cool scene, oh yeah.

Why did he jump after getting shot?

RRRrrr

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Ashley is too white and MAGAn for this day and age and likely to trigger spastic fits of rage among the soft skulled libtards. She will be replaced with a soothing ficus.

Yeah, I on't think the whole racism issue of ME1 would be possible today. They had white human supremacists, racist aliens, humans being a minority flooding the galaxy, quarians being space gypsies and an entire race being sterilized due to stereotypes that were also true. It had some neat ideas, but BioWare didn't have the talent to go deeper/all in. Post ME1, the racist themes were completely gone.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
One thing which I hate about ME series is that guns lacks any penetration and looks more like toys. but this is truth for most futuristic games. And I an looking to ME series as a shooter not as a RPG cuz there are little to no RPG on it.

just a newfag

Literate
One thing which I hate about ME series is that guns lacks any penetration and looks more like toys. but this is truth for most futuristic games. And I an looking to ME series as a shooter not as a RPG cuz there are little to no RPG on it.
In the future, guns only tickle.

Larianshill

Arbiter
I don't remember if I talked about this, but speaking of things being cut, do you think they'll cut your ability to punch the journalist? I unironicall think they'll cut it, because "we don't want to promote violence against the press in the post-trump era". Not to mention violence against women.

Semiurge

Cipher
I don't remember if I talked about this, but speaking of things being cut, do you think they'll cut your ability to punch the journalist? I unironicall think they'll cut it, because "we don't want to promote violence against the press in the post-trump era". Not to mention violence against women.

Only femshep with the darkest skin preset will be allowed to punch.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Ashley is too white and MAGAn for this day and age and likely to trigger spastic fits of rage among the soft skulled libtards. She will be replaced with a soothing ficus.
Ironically Assley looked like a whitefaced latina in the first game to me. Michael Jackson style. Then they changed it to "default latina" in the 3rd game... while making her look like an 11yo's wet dream. My guess would be ME3 Assley's face, but wearing the bulky "Hello Kittey" armor from ME1. That would please the twitterwymyn.

I for one would support the ficus idea tho, even a ficus would do a better job at protecting a VIP than her. :obviously:

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
Not to be rude, but ...I never understood what is it about ME people get riled up for. The RPG-builds are very shallow compared to "real FPS RPG" games like Skyrim, Fallout: NV, System Shocks, Dark Messiah etc... The gameplay is repetetive, and quite frankly - boring. You do nothing but shoot and talk to people. No real exploration of the environment, no finding out "treasures" behind the waterfall, no finding out pieces of lore that, put together, point towards a legendary artefact, no finding out hidden walls, no interacting with the environment to see different outcomes or approaches... it's just walking around reacting to visible crates and NPC's and then some gathering resources in an action minigame. Telling the story... well... things are so complex that if put in the film, one would leave in 1/4 with the head buzzing, probably for the better. Because what use is a good twist if building the tension towards it twists your brain physically prior to that D: Shooting is kinda alright, but then again, we've many much better games for that like Dooms, Bioshocks, Borderlands, Fears etc... What is left - ah Characters. Yes. Very good characters, nicely depictet. All with (in)human flaws and virtues and neat personnal stories. But that's it. We don't (usually) play complexly-looking games just to talk to characters.
I have left out the graphics and the sounds on purpose. As some well spoken people here said - graphics is a cherry on the top. You don't need it to be extraordinary if the game is great.
So, what's the fuss in the first place?
Ring free, be my quest to totally destroy me with your eloquence, or shame my opinion to the dust. Though, I'd much rather welcome a constructive critique and / or saying what I really missed objectively.

Yosharian

Arcane
Not to be rude, but ...I never understood what is it about ME people get riled up for. The RPG-builds are very shallow compared to "real FPS RPG" games like Skyrim, Fallout: NV, System Shocks, Dark Messiah etc... The gameplay is repetetive, and quite frankly - boring. You do nothing but shoot and talk to people. No real exploration of the environment, no finding out "treasures" behind the waterfall, no finding out pieces of lore that, put together, point towards a legendary artefact, no finding out hidden walls, no interacting with the environment to see different outcomes or approaches... it's just walking around reacting to visible crates and NPC's and then some gathering resources in an action minigame. Telling the story... well... things are so complex that if put in the film, one would leave in 1/4 with the head buzzing, probably for the better. Because what use is a good twist if building the tension towards it twists your brain physically prior to that D: Shooting is kinda alright, but then again, we've many much better games for that like Dooms, Bioshocks, Borderlands, Fears etc... What is left - ah Characters. Yes. Very good characters, nicely depictet. All with (in)human flaws and virtues and neat personnal stories. But that's it. We don't (usually) play complexly-looking games just to talk to characters.
I have left out the graphics and the sounds on purpose. As some well spoken people here said - graphics is a cherry on the top. You don't need it to be extraordinary if the game is great.
Ring free, be my quest to totally destroy me with your eloquence, or shame my opinion to the dust. Though, I'd much rather welcome a constructive critique and / or saying what I really missed objectively.
Because there is barely anything out there in terms of Sci-Fi RPGs that offer what it offers. The feeling of exploration that ME1 had was pretty much a dream of mine from childhood to explore the stars. What the game actually did well wasn't all THAT good in hindsight but it remains one of very few games to explore this particular dream of mine. Of course what the game did badly, it did REALLY badly, and it hasn't aged well IMO.

ME2 went in the wrong direction, despite building on ME1's awesomeness in SOME ways, and ME3 continued in that direction and is basically worthless as a space exploration game, it's just a boring cover shooter basically. And of course it's written horribly but everyone knows that.

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
Because there is barely anything out there in terms of Sci-Fi RPGs that offer what it offers. The feeling of exploration that ME1 had was pretty much a dream of mine from childhood to explore the stars. What the game actually did well wasn't all THAT good in hindsight but it remains one of very few games to explore this particular dream of mine. Of course what the game did badly, it did REALLY badly, and it hasn't aged well IMO.

ME2 went in the wrong direction, despite building on ME1's awesomeness in SOME ways, and ME3 continued in that direction and is basically worthless as a space exploration game, it's just a boring cover shooter basically. And of course it's written horribly but everyone knows that.
As for that sci-fi part - you got me there. And I won't deny, that I play games or watch movies sometimes solely out of this not minding how bad they are in other areas. Also I can understand that for someone coming somewhat early in their years to a dazzlingly galactic game the looks of it must be a totall treat. But the exploration? What do you mean, the ME games are actually almost totally non-exploratory compared to other big RPGs, repetetive, shallow gameplay etc... It makes the playful panda sad and it's my whole point. Or have I missed something...

Ravielsk

Magister

Marketing my dude. ME1 had a pretty substantial push behind it and even got some exposure in mainstream media because of Liara sex scene. ME2 doubled down on marketing and for many normals who have never before played anything more complex than COD or Madden it ended up becoming a revelatory game. Something like FF7 except for the millenial/zoomer generation.

The games on their own really are not anything too special(ME1 was an interesting start but 2 and 3 flushed that down the toilet) but for many it was the first time they saw a game that was anything more than a elaborate time waster.

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron

Marketing my dude. ME1 had a pretty substantial push behind it and even got some exposure in mainstream media because of Liara sex scene. ME2 doubled down on marketing and for many normals who have never before played anything more complex than COD or Madden it ended up becoming a revelatory game. Something like FF7 except for the millenial/zoomer generation.

The games on their own really are not anything too special(ME1 was an interesting start but 2 and 3 flushed that down the toilet) but for many it was the first time they saw a game that was anything more than a elaborate time waster.
Wow, I've never met anyone who took my grievances and by turning them inside out made me think it's actually the right thing. Just wow. Towards the brighter tommorrow then!
..what the heck just happened... I'll be....

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom